Home

Hype dying down

This is a discussion on Hype dying down within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Hype dying down

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
NBA LIVE 14 also has a 4/5 rating on some of those stores sites...It's really not all that surprising, nor does it mean much in the end considering the nature of the reviews themselves.

WTF pretty much summed it up though. Even on The One/ online side...I think it has gotten to a point for some (like myself) who definitely enjoy the mode, but are kind of just at the point where there's not much to do now their character(s] are maxed.
It's that tricky scenario of grind vs constantly progressing with the characters...only way I've kept it fresh is to start over with a new type of player...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 07:34 AM   #26
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
It's that tricky scenario of grind vs constantly progressing with the characters...only way I've kept it fresh is to start over with a new type of player...
It's definitely a tough balance, and I do love the way Live handles progression...

Unfortunately, for me personally, I dont really have a desire to level up another position...

I think next year they just need to open up the options a bit. 4 quarter play, 'squads' , stat tracking....I think it'd go a long way towards longevity...
Old 11-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don’t think i played the game since i found out we won’t be able to edit the roster smh that’s a big deal
Old 11-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm kind of burnt out on it myself. I'm strictly a franchise/edit player guy, and those are this game's biggest weaknesses imo. I've gone from playing it daily, to every couple of days, to now forcing myself to finish games. The game is just so limited in what it offers, so there's not much you can do, or discuss about even here really.

Lots of little things that annoy me too, like Stephen A. Smith tweeting by himself, the announcers not having a clue about what's going on in my franchise, or every team drafting players that have the same few generated presets. This game has a lot of things that you have to fight through to try to enjoy it.

The synergy experiment(and no editing) has got to go for this series to succeed. Teams aren't playing through their stars, players are just standing around until late in the shot clock where they jack up bad shots, the ai's scripted reverse baseline layups, and automatic tip ins that I can't do anything to stop, it just takes some of the fun out of the game.

And so many of these players wearing these ridiculous stockings/leg sleeves that make them look like ballerinas that I can't change myself really irks me. Can't change jersey numbers, or edit player positions, limited jerseys in general etc. Early on before the game launched you had people trying to dismiss these issues as 'not mattering' but that isn't true. These are headaches that we shouldn't have to deal with at this point.

One thing I've learned from buying this game is that I will never buy another sports game where so much user control is taken away from me. Personally, I feel this is a design choice to make consumers rely on ea for everything, and that we would be forced to buy the game every year instead of hanging on to older games and changing things ourselves. I no longer buy sports games every year now, and that still won't change.

Last edited by Fist Of Kings; 11-11-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:44 PM   #29
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Whats ruining it for me is not being able to zoom out on the camera angles. The baseline camera angles are too zoomed in. I also would prefer if the court stayed straight instead of moving when the ball is to left or right side of the court. I still play the game but its issues like these that make it hard for me to play it often.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 AM   #30
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

What finished me was a corrupted data file. My player in The One was wiped out. Had to start all over. I dunno what caused the corrupted file. But since I domt have much time to play, was severely disappointing. Im not blaming the game, but I am not going to go thru building up another guy.
Its getting traded in towards the other bball game. Along with other games sitting collecting dust.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 11-14-2017, 01:52 AM   #31
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
Its getting traded in towards the other bball game. Along with other games sitting collecting dust.
Same here man. I've reached that point if frustration. I know it's only worth a nickel in trade in (not literally but it's like $10) but it's that much less I'll have to pay. It's not like I didn't give them time to right the ship.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by sarlndr; 11-14-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #32
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

My solace on this game is playing with a friend on the couch and the WBNA is fun. I finished the One, it was fun, but it's over. Gameplay is good enough to where I can have fun just playing exhibition games. I took it for what's it worth. The gameplay is great, but they really let us down with polish, roster updates and basic game issues that have never been fixed from NBA Live 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »