Home

Do you give up on the Live franchise

This is a discussion on Do you give up on the Live franchise within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

First off I just want to say I grew up on NBA Live since the 90s. Before that was Bulls vs Blazers and NBA Showdown. I always paid attention to the Live franchise throughout the years and from reading the forums every year is the same old story. This year is no excuse. They had a year off and we still can't get simple features like roster editing? Seriously EA it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

-Devs don't interact with the fanbase
-No editing rosters
-Synergy seems useless
-Animation sucks
-Franchise mode is not good. Lack of depth
-Lack of game modes

I can go on and on and I am to lazy to type since this post is already long enough so if I am missing something feel free to pile on.

I'm not saying I've completely gave up on Live but I'm fed up. Every year it's the same old story. Live 18 is not a terrible game but it's not great either. Is it fun? It can be but I think we can all agree that it is a shallow game. After the company took a year off I expected a big splash from them but boy oh boy was I wrong. NBA Live is on life support and anyone who disagrees are being in denial. Number sales don't lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

And I used to give the benefit of the doubt to those ppl who were quick to defend this franchise. The ones who argued and argued with ppl on these forums as if EA were paying them and get butthurt every time we compared Live to 2K. I used to feel sympathetic towards the customers who remained optimistic during the dark ages. The loyal ones who had high hopes EA and Live would turn it around and go back to being the KING of hoops video games...For example the ones who say..."Hopefully next year they do this" or "I hope next year live changes that" or "Next year we will have a better game, just wait and see." but now I don't feel bad for these ppl. They've been warned and brought it upon themselves.

Ever heard the saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." Well in this case Live fooled us far too many times for me or anybody else to give them any benefit of the doubt or a "free pass." Sorry I just can't do it.

We've been saying "next year" for over a decade. So in my books the "next year" excuse card can longer be used in an argument. Lol

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 11-15-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Do you give up on the Live franchise

The foundation for the game on the court for me is promising and I do think fun overall. But like the rest you mentioned, is pretty bare boned. I did enjoy the one mode and I finished it. But I wanted more. No roster editing was a mind boggling thing. After 2 years development time? I paid full price for this game and I felt ripped off. Even at 39.99 it was probably not worth that. I do enjoy playing wiht friends on the weekend on the couch, but that's the limit to my enjoyment. EA continues to be EA. This was their chance to make some jumps on 2K that arguably had a down year. But they again disappointed us. Glitches continue, NBA Live 14 bugs stil on this one and so on.

If they do have one next year. I will not buy until I know these things are fixed.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

THere focus is on the casual player so they dont have my attention this year
Old 11-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden
the game on the court is not causal. It's pretty deep game of basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
the game on the court is not causal. It's pretty deep game of basketball.
The entire game is for created players. The NBA portion is meh with little to know modes or editing
Old 11-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #7
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden

It doesn't feel casual this year. If anything this was the least casual/arcadey NBA Live game ever made in the history of NBA lives...You said you didn't pay attention this year so that explains it. I feel this year's game requires you to call plays here and there to mix things up if u play on a higher difficulty. It's not like years past where we could just freestyle throughout the whole game.

My biggest complaints are how cheap the animations looks...

Franchise mode or whatever u call it is BORING. There is no depth whatsoever.

A.I. teammates are just standing around on offense like robots and there are rarely any motion from them..

No roster editing. Really? No excuses for this.

Pro-Am is only up to 21. Really? Who the heck want to play 5v5 pro am that goes up to 21. I want to see play 4 quarters. What is the point of adding the Drew League or Crawsover League if the games don't have 4 quarters?

I apologize for the rant. I will stop.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #8
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
It doesn't feel casual this year. If anything this was the least casual/arcadey NBA Live game ever made in the history of NBA lives...You said you didn't pay attention this year so that explains it. I feel this year's game requires you to call plays here and there to mix things up if u play on a higher difficulty. It's not like years past where we could just freestyle throughout the whole game.

My biggest complaints are how cheap the animations looks...

Franchise mode or whatever u call it is BORING. There is no depth whatsoever.

A.I. teammates are just standing around on offense like robots and there are rarely any motion from them..

No roster editing. Really? No excuses for this.

Pro-Am is only up to 21. Really? Who the heck want to play 5v5 pro am that goes up to 21. I want to see play 4 quarters. What is the point of adding the Drew League or Crawsover League if the games don't have 4 quarters?

I apologize for the rant. I will stop.

No. Legit arguments and I agree

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »