Home

Tuner updates

This is a discussion on Tuner updates within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2018, 01:35 AM   #9
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tuner updates

I really like the direction in which this game is going regarding the gameplay. I find this game really fun and more realistic than 2k, I don't know why people act like 2k's gameplay is something else, difference that stands out the most is the player movement where players in 2k move more fluidly while movement of players in Live is a bit robotic.
And I can get so frustrated playing 2k while this isn't the case with Live.

But the things that need to be fixed/improved are signature tendencies for every team to reflect how they play in the real life and to make difference between every team, so far in my experience every team plays pretty much the same, they attack the basket really hard, everything else is plan b.

Game needs to be deeper overall, franchise mode especially. I really like the defense in this game and the player collisions, that 1 on 1 aspect of the game looks great.

I could name many things Live does better than 2k, game just needs to be much deeper overall and I could see myself taking Live 19 over 2k19. I am really happy with how Live brings out updates oftenly too improve the game, not just to correct the roster or fix bugs.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:51 AM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I've only been playing The One, but I did notice more diversity in the CPU's offense the last time I played. I need to play some Exhibition games to see what else has been updated/changed.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #11
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm considering buying this one once I can find it around $20 at a nearby store (I don't shop online). My only concern (especially that we're not able to edit tendencies) is that I won't see enough midrange shots/variety. I've been watching some videos of user-CPU and CPU-CPU from the last few days (assuming they were all with the most recent updates) and I hardly seen anything else than 3's and aggressive inside shots.

I keep seeing the CPU giving up wide open midrange shots for the sake of going to the basket every time. Wouldn't want to buy another Live with this kind of AI. Surprisingly, Live 14 had the BEST and most realistic AI behavior. I've been playing it again the last few days and it's amazing how varied the CPU offense is! So many midrange shots, 3's, inside, postup...anything and everything. It's like they managed to come up with the best AI formula...and then threw it away...again...to start over. Melo is Melo in this game, Harden is Harden etc. etc.... why didn't they keep this CourtQ feature????

I hope I'm wrong here, I'm just tired of the same old AI of just raining 3's and running to the basket every time there's no wide open 3. Does the AI ever run screen plays?

Thank goodness Rip Hamilton doesn't play anymore. It would have been impossible to simulate his game here.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 03-29-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 01:20 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I'm considering buying this one once I can find it around $20 at a nearby store (I don't shop online). My only concern (especially that we're not able to edit tendencies) is that I won't see enough midrange shots/variety. I've been watching some videos of user-CPU and CPU-CPU from the last few days (assuming they were all with the most recent updates) and I hardly seen anything else than 3's and aggressive inside shots.

I keep seeing the CPU giving up wide open midrange shots for the sake of going to the basket every time. Wouldn't want to buy another Live with this kind of AI. Surprisingly, Live 14 had the BEST and most realistic AI behavior. I've been playing it again the last few days and it's amazing how varied the CPU offense is! So many midrange shots, 3's, inside, postup...anything and everything. It's like they managed to come up with the best AI formula...and then threw it away...again...to start over. Melo is Melo in this game, Harden is Harden etc. etc.... why didn't they keep this CourtQ feature????

I hope I'm wrong here, I'm just tired of the same old AI of just raining 3's and running to the basket every time there's no wide open 3. Does the AI ever run screen plays?

Thank goodness Rip Hamilton doesn't play anymore. It would have been impossible to simulate his game here.
You can pick the game up for $14.99 at GameStop.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

You hit the nail on the head with this. I also picked up Live 14 again a few weeks ago. In my opinion it’s much more enjoyable due to the awesome cpu AI (plays smart and takes mid range) and the player likeness ( signature dribbles and better signature shot animations).

If Live 18 could bring these things to the table we would have a great game on our hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2018, 04:32 PM   #14
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
You can pick the game up for $14.99 at GameStop.
Not in Canada...where new games cost $79.99 and used games' prices don't drop as fast as in the US. Currently I can find it Walmart/Best Buy for $29.99 and at EB Games (the local GameStop) for $34.99. But don't worry, I have patience. I don't buy brand new games anymore anyway. I buy very few video games, usually one used/older game every 3-4 months. Which is why I like open world games, as if done right they can give me many hours of enjoyment even a long time after completing the story. WD2 - I'm looking at you. At some point I'll get FC5 and maybe GRW.

ZX Spectrum
Old 03-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #15
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachboy19
You hit the nail on the head with this. I also picked up Live 14 again a few weeks ago. In my opinion it’s much more enjoyable due to the awesome cpu AI (plays smart and takes mid range) and the player likeness ( signature dribbles and better signature shot animations).

If Live 18 could bring these things to the table we would have a great game on our hands.
Yeah, Live 14 is a crappy game as far as graphics, animations, physics and total production value. But as far as the AI, it's something else. I was playing vs. the Rockets the other day and Harden was as dominant as ever - shooting threes, pull-up midrange J's, step back J's, going to the basket, Eurostep, passing to Dwight, moving the ball...etc. etc.

ZX Spectrum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yeah, Live 14 is a crappy game as far as graphics, animations, physics and total production value. But as far as the AI, it's something else. I was playing vs. the Rockets the other day and Harden was as dominant as ever - shooting threes, pull-up midrange J's, step back J's, going to the basket, Eurostep, passing to Dwight, moving the ball...etc. etc.
You best bet to have NBA live 18 at good price is to wait for a sale on the playstation store. The best price here in the north was 6$ for psn+or 10$ regular version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »