Home

Tuner updates

This is a discussion on Tuner updates within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2018, 01:45 PM   #25
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tuner updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Do they really not have post trade deadline rosters? I just started a game for the first time in forever and the post deadline deals aren't there.

Am I missing something?
I have all of them, don't really know why you don't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #26
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Do they really not have post trade deadline rosters? I just started a game for the first time in forever and the post deadline deals aren't there.

Am I missing something?
If you skip past the initial update too fast it'll load without them sometimes...you have to wait until it says its completed....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-31-2018, 03:25 PM   #27
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Mid-range game from the CPU is still lacking for me. I sag off of guys begging them to shoot, and yet they seem determined to drive to the basket. The CPU does attempt more 3-pointers, so that's something, but would like more variety in their offensive attack.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-31-2018, 03:58 PM   #28
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Always glad to present my findings! The gameplay is shaping up quite nicely with the tweaks and I expect it will be at a very good place by playoffs!

One other point I would like to make is that I normally don't play the game while logged into the EA servers. I only log in to obtain the updates then close out the game making sure to bypass the logon process upon restart. Ultimately the frame rate is always more stable and predictable when I apply this approach. In addition, since I don't play while logged in, I can't tell you if the game plays any different as it pertains to the AI decision making. Try without the server if you don't see enough mid range shots or good ball movement, etc. Do keep in mind that the nunber of mid shots will be higher with Spurs, etc and varies by team. I also believe Franchise mode most likely is better tuned to allow for this.
I usually turn off network connection once I get my game with all the most recent updates. Can I be logged off from the EA servers and play with my own edited roster file? From what I understand edited rosters are saved locally, so I shouldn't need to play logged in to EA, right?

It's always something weird, the way EA basketball games work. Connecting to the servers may affect the way the game plays, but you can never be 100% sure. I don't get this, why is it like that? I should be logged in just to retrieve updates and nothing else, but there shouldn't be an update every single day. Shouldn't the game play the same no mater what - as long as you have the most recent patch and use the same rosters? Maybe I just don't understand this updating system they have in place this generation.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 03-31-2018, 04:36 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Mid-range game from the CPU is still lacking for me. I sag off of guys begging them to shoot, and yet they seem determined to drive to the basket. The CPU does attempt more 3-pointers, so that's something, but would like more variety in their offensive attack.

I have some success using the Pack Paint defensive setting. It stops the excessive driving to some degree
Old 04-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

Interesting. What level of play? I forgot to mention that I play on Superstar mode. In my case, I have often noticed that the cpu will kick out the ball to a teammate, sometimes for an unsuspecting mid range shot, if you impede their path to the basket. Have you witnessed this at all? Also, I have observed that the cpu will now take more 2 point or mid range shots very close to the 3 point line. Anytime I review the shot chart I'm usually surprised to see the number of these type of shots listed in the chart.

Personally I employ both on and off ball defense. I also make every attempt to cut off cpu momentum on offense by first attacking and keeping the cpu point guard from gaining an advantage as it crosses half court.These actions (and others) overall impact the cpus offensive calculations and more than ever with Live 18, you should see a more proactive mid range game as the game progresses, especially when the above and other defensive measures are religiously executed.

Last edited by Calvenn; 04-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #31
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Interesting. What level of play? I forgot to mention that I play on Superstar mode. In my case, I have often noticed that the cpu will kick out the ball to a teammate, sometimes for an unsuspecting mid range shot, if you impede their path to the basket. Have you witnessed this at all? Also, I have observed that the cpu will now take more 2 point or mid range shots very close to the 3 point line. Anytime I review the shot chart I'm usually surprised to see the number of these type of shots listed in the chart.

Personally I employ both on and off ball defense. I also make every attempt to cut off cpu momentum on offense by first attacking and keeping the cpu point guard from gaining an advantage as it crosses half court.These actions (and others) overall impact the cpus offensive calculations and more than ever with Live 18, you should see a more proactive mid range game as the game progresses, especially when the above and other defensive measures are religiously executed.
I need to bump the difficulty up. Just looked and I had it on All-Star.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I need to bump the difficulty up. Just looked and I had it on All-Star.
Also play with Jostle v Blow By a bit if you are not seeing enough mid shots. This process allows you to play better defense and tightens up the driving lanes while encouraging more of these shots. The key here though is in striking the proper balance since you don't want to impact game flow too negatively, etc. Thankfully you're given more granular control of the slider in Franchise mode and can increment/decrement by 1 as opposed to only 10 in Play Now mode.

Last edited by Calvenn; 04-02-2018 at 02:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »