Home

Tuner updates

This is a discussion on Tuner updates within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #33
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Tuner updates

From several CPU vs CPU gameplay videos I've been watching lately, it looks like you have to play on-ball D here. Because every time a CPU player guards a CPU player, he lets him get to the basket after a couple of dribbles/crosses. It's like whenever the ball handler manages to get within about 2-3 feet from the paint, the defender gives up and let him go (and usually there's no one to help in the paint).

This just my observation from CPU vs CPU videos, but I don't know what difficulty it was set on and probably no defensive adjustments were made. Do you guys notice the same scenario when you play vs the CPU and let your AI teammates guard the ball handler?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 04-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #34
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Thankfully you're given more granular control of the slider in Franchise mode and can increment/decrement by 1 as opposed to only 10 in Play Now mode.
What???!! That doesn't make sense at all! Why would sliders be different for different modes? I can't understand the logic...it's so random and strange. Classic EA move...

ZX Spectrum
Old 04-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
From several CPU vs CPU gameplay videos I've been watching lately, it looks like you have to play on-ball D here. Because every time a CPU player guards a CPU player, he lets him get to the basket after a couple of dribbles/crosses. It's like whenever the ball handler manages to get within about 2-3 feet from the paint, the defender gives up and let him go (and usually there's no one to help in the paint).

This just my observation from CPU vs CPU videos, but I don't know what difficulty it was set on and probably no defensive adjustments were made. Do you guys notice the same scenario when you play vs the CPU and let your AI teammates guard the ball handler?
Yes, its a bit harder to trust your cpu teammates to do the right thing or not be over powered, especially at the default levels. One simple adjustment that has worked for me, and that also allows me to "kill two birds with one stone" has been to adjust the Jostle vs Blow By slider. It keeps me honest and prevents easy blow by the cpu to score/dunk on drives. Also it fortifies my cpu teammates defense for the exact scenarios you depicted. Superstar level may also help, but I haven't verified or compared vs All Star or Pro.

Last edited by Calvenn; 04-02-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #36
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Thanks for the info, I'm still waiting for the right timing to buy this game, but it's definitely a buy for me. As long as there are settings and tweaks available, I'm ok with the default-setting flaws.

ZX Spectrum
Old 04-07-2018, 10:15 PM   #37
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I think the game plays better now with the tuner updates, but the cpu still drives a little too much.

I really like this game. I just wish the shooting was more balanced. I think 19 is gonna close the 2K gap significantly.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:48 AM   #38
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

How is the CPU's FG% for you guys. I slightly adjusted thaliveking's sliders and the CPU is having a low fg%, a slightly below 40% most of the time. My fg% is around 45 so I am happy with that and I think I don't really have to tune it myself anymore but I am trying to improve CPU's without making them simply making shots that I am not making. I am playing on superstar btw. I have the following sliders for the CPU: Inside-50, Mid Range-60, 3 point-40, post shooting 60, layup 40, dunk frequency 30, jostle vs blowby 60.

Thinking about raising inside to 60 and mid range to 70. And I think there are too many fgs on 12 minutes.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #39
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
How is the CPU's FG% for you guys. I slightly adjusted thaliveking's sliders and the CPU is having a low fg%, a slightly below 40% most of the time. My fg% is around 45 so I am happy with that and I think I don't really have to tune it myself anymore but I am trying to improve CPU's without making them simply making shots that I am not making. I am playing on superstar btw. I have the following sliders for the CPU: Inside-50, Mid Range-60, 3 point-40, post shooting 60, layup 40, dunk frequency 30, jostle vs blowby 60.

Thinking about raising inside to 60 and mid range to 70. And I think there are too many fgs on 12 minutes.
I've been playing on 10 min quarters and like the balance better there.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 PM   #40
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Funny story. A new copy of Live 18 costs $29.99 here, but most stores don't carry it any more. A used copy at EB Games costs...ready? $34.99...yeah, more than a new one. Now get this - I saw a used copy of Live 16 at EB Games being sold for $35.99.

So to sum it all up: A used copy of Live 16 costs more than a new copy of Live 18. I guess that's some kind of a Canadian logic...

ZX Spectrum

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »