Home

NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
The one looks and feels amazing.

5 on 5 nba action is absolute garbage. Commentary so awful. Not even a post season atmosphere. The crowd feels disconnected. Default sliders are whack af.

Huge buzzkill.

Zero effort into the nba aspect of NBA live.

Embarrassing nba product.

The one is the only reason to buy this game. Just so much to like from that experience as a basketball player.

Definitely not paying for 60 Bucks for this half assed garbage.

Probably will have to mute commentary and mess with sliders a ton.

Just need a blacktop mode in the streets.

Ugh.
No point of even diving into franchise mode.
Agree completely.

As a BASKETBALL game it is pretty good / streetball.

As an NBA GAME it is beyond bad. I am genuinely shocked just how bad it is. I am one of the rare few who has every LIVE game....and this one is the final nail on the coffin. They need to just take out the NBA part, call it Streetball 19 or something and make it a mobile game. It is embarrassingly bad compared to Madden and FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #66
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Thanks for the impressions guys. I’m a NBA Live fan and it’s the only hoop game I buy. Also, how old is this build? Seems most are forgetting this is a demo.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:44 AM   #67
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
It is unfathomable how a big company could release commentary THIS bad. It is is, literally, the worst in any sports game in maybe a decade.
When it comes to a demo and commentary, isn't the norm that it's stripped down v. what's in retail?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #68
Rookie

Wejwer89's Arena

Is it possible to change controls to "camera relative" like in 2k?

I want to enjoy this game on "broadcast cam" and "absolute" controls are making it impossible to play….

Watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCho...-zn9f0A/videos
Old 08-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #69
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Yea haha. It's nba live. I still gotta get it and try it today but that's step one. It's like watching all the elite players on 2k play live, try to dribble and launch a crazy shot and be like man this game sucks!!!

It's a completely different game. I played 18 awhile ago and we lost cuz I got beat on the boards down the stretch, and I was like sry dudes I'm still playing 2k out there.

It sounds exciting tho. I just want good competitive 5 v 5 with real nba rules. I'd have played 18 with just that improvement, but seems like they did more. Like we all know, I'm not really mad at live for neglecting franchise because they have never had a good franchise mode, or one comparable at all to 2k. Ever ever.

-Smak
Yeah, it takes a minute to get recalibrated. During the Brazil tournament it all came back. I still play NCAA Basketball and Live 10 a few times a month. I just enjoy basketball games and enjoy them for what they are. I've played 2K and EA basketball games for so long that I just know them. Even a gen or two later. Some of the same issues are still in both. But Live 19 is solid. Live 18 was, too. It's just the depth I think that'll kill the replay value for me again.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:49 AM   #70
Rookie

I haven't played this yet, is there any multiplayer in this demo like the previous ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
I haven't played this yet, is there any multiplayer in this demo like the previous ones?
There is no head to head multiplayer option like there was in last year's demo.

This year, you can only play online co-op against a full team of AI players.

The level cap for created characters is a 73 overall at level 10 on the XP bar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
There is no head to head multiplayer option like there was in last year's demo.

This year, you can only play online co-op against a full team of AI players.

The level cap for created characters is a 73 overall at level 10 on the XP bar.

Thanks for the response. One more question, is there a "gather" button like it was in 16? They took out the hop step button in 18, hoping they added it back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »