Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #721
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
What a game I had last night!!! Finally started a franchise with the Pistons. 1st game of the season, at home vs the Nets.

1st quarter I move the ball, dominate with Griffin and we're up 30-23. Suddenly Nets go on a run, fire 3's with nice ball movement...and at the end of the first they're up 31-30.

2nd quarter they move the ball well, keep making threes, Russell, Dinwiddie and Crabbe score from all over the place. At the end of the 2nd they're up something like 63-55.

3rd quarter more of the same. They move the ball extremely well and their off ball movement is fantastic, so they keep making 3's and midrange and going to the basket when I slack. Griffin still dominates along with Jackson to keep us in the game.

4th quarter I manage to tie the score bit by bit, then several lead changes. 2 minutes to the end, right before shot clock expires, Russell crosses me (Jackson) over and goes for the step back midrange. Somehow I manage to stay colse to him and even somewhat contest the shot. For a split second I'm confident he's not making the shot. I was wrong...nothing but net with the shot clock buzzer. I was upset, but not giving up.

I manage to take the lead back, but make mistakes and didn't foul them quick enough...then they go to the line to make 1 of 2...and they're up 1 with 2 seconds to go. I inbound the ball to Griffin from the midrange, but they manage to contest the shot and my shot meter suddenly shows very little yellow and I miss the shot. Nets win 111-110.

Both teames shot at 43%. Nets shot 14-30 from 3 (I have cpu 3 slider at 60, otherwise I find them missing too nany open 3's). Pistons shot 4-25 from 3 (thanks Kennard, Ellington and Brown for ruining my game). Russell finished with about 24 pts but on 8-24...managed to defend him, but he was still making 3's and the clutch shots. Both Crabbe and Dinwiddie had a good game with double figures.

Griffin finished with 30, 12 rbs and 2 blocks (one if them he blocked a layup high above the rim, his head almost at rim level). Jackson finished with 23 and 13 assists. Drummond with about 15 (Nets bigs were very physical with him and contested most his shots), 12 rbs and 6(!) blocks.

It was a very fun game, although we lost.
Very Nice!

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2019, 08:07 PM   #722
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Played the 3rd game of the season last night at home vs the Sixers. What a difference playing vs a good team! I was trailing pretty much the entire game, at some point in the 2nd quarter they were up by 23!

But slowly but surely I managed to get back in the game, even to the point of being down 2! But they would always get on a run and leave me behind...

They won 129-113 with tons of points in the paint for both teams. Sixers shot at 50%, Pistons at 45%. Joel embid was unstoppoable and pretty much all their lineup was dominating me. Simmons took advantage of his size and bullied my guys as well as dished nice assists. Butler with 16 points and some impossible shots to kick my ***, as well as tough D on my guys. Redick was on fire from 3 (4-9 or maybe 5-9) and they played overall great team basketball.

Griffin finished with 30 pts and 10 rbs, Drummond with 15 and 12 and also 5(!) blocks. Maker off the bench with 20 pts and nice work on the boards and D in the paint kept me in the game when my stars were taking a rest.

Terrible loss, I need to get better. But it was so fun to see the cpu moving the ball. Seeing Redick moving to get the ball for a wide open 3 on the halfcourt or fastbreak, was a thing of beauty!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 05-25-2019, 01:45 AM   #723
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Really really like the graphics. The game looks amazing, in my opinion. Frostbite or not, when EA want, they create amazing graphics with very nice little details.

It's hard to believe that Live 14 was actually part of this series on current gen, when it comes to graphics. But I've been loving the graphics ever since Live 15, they really made a huge progress.

Decided to play some football and got a cheap copy of Madden 17 (not really a hardcore football gamer, just wanted an NFL game with nice grahics and decent gameplay). I've been watching lots gameplay videos and M17 looks great visually, can't believe some people think the graphics are bad.
There's certain passing animations that trigger during drives that the other game doesn't have and its a beautiful Sight.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #724
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
There's certain passing animations that trigger during drives that the other game doesn't have and its a beautiful Sight.
Yes, some of these are like freestyle passes or fancy passes trigerred automatically. Or maybe I'm pulling freestyle passes without noticing what I was pressing. But anyway, some passes look great and fit the situation perfectly.

Played the Celtics for the second time during my season with the Pistons. Kyrie was unstoppable in the first with 20 pts from anywhere. Horford with inside game and tough D in the paint, and I was trailing. But still Drummond is terrorizing the Celtics with great effort in the paint with pts, rbs and blocks. Griffin gets his points quietly and Jackson provides points and assists.

2nd quarter, Kyrie gets some rest but Celtics still play good team basketball and still up ahead. Ish Smith and, Khyri Thomas and thon Maker keep us in the game. Gordon H. is having a tough night off the bench, not scoring well. Then my starters get back on the floor and Drummond and Griffin are taking care of business, and we make it a tight game.

3rd quarter Kyrie continues to score left and right, and suddenly Gordon H. is making tough 3's and looks like the Jazz version of himself. But Horford doesn't score much and not a real factor in the paint anymore, so Morris is providing points. But I play awesome(!) team basketball (pretty much the entire game) and take the lead, and suddenly we're up by 12.

4th quarter we go back and forth, I widen the gap to 13 and they cut it back to 5, then I'm on a run again and they answer with a small run. But I was smart enough to let Griffin have some rest in the 3rd and 4th, and he came back in the 4th and was scoring from anywhere along with important rbs.

At the end we beat them by about 12. Pistons shot around 50% (80+ pts in the paint!) and Celtics shot at a low 39% (40+ pts in the paint). We played some extra tough D in the second half.

Kyrie finished with 55(!) pts, Gordon H. with 14 but Horford finished with 7pts, 8 rbs and a couple of blocks, so he wasn't helping them in the 2nd half.

Drummond with 30 pts and 12 rbs and some blocks, Jackson with 20 and 13 assists, and Griffin with 20+ and 10 rbs.

It was my best team game so far, everyone touched the ball and 7 players scored at double figures.

Forgot to mention that prior to that we played the Cavs and won. But Sexton was amazing with 29 pts and several dunks, couldn't stop him. But the great part about this game was JR Smith. At some point in the 2nd quarter he came off the bench...and what was he doing? 4 possessions in a row(!) he took the ball and shot from 3, no matter how early on the shot clock, no matter how closely he was guarded. Just took the ball and shot it...and missed them all...haha, it was so hilarious. Later in the gane he calmed down and passed the ball and even scored some. But man, it ciuldn't have been more JR than that.

ZX Spectrum
Old 05-27-2019, 10:26 PM   #725
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Unfortunately...my franchise file did not save, so I had to play the Celtics again. Even more enjoyable game, more defensive game. We won with some great D, but Celtics played some good D as well. Celtics shot at 37%, Pistons shot at 39%.

Kyrie was dominant again, Horford had a quiet game. Griffin and Drummond were good and we won thanks to tough D and great ball movement. I think you really get rewarded for moving the ball well.

ZX Spectrum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2019, 05:11 PM   #726
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I am really enjoying Lives gameplay AS default, just penalty sliders.its fun. More than I can say for 2k19 frustration offline.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden19- 85 Falcons year 1
FIFA 19 - NewCastle year 2
Show 19 - Braves year 1
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
RLL4 - Sydney Roosters
RC3 - Highlanders/USA
Old 06-06-2019, 09:30 PM   #727
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Latest patch seemed to change gameplay for the worse for me. Anyone else?

PES 19 - TBD
FIFA 19 - Coach challenge
Show 19 - Braves year 1
NBA Live 19 - Hawks year 1
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
Old 06-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #728
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Latest patch seemed to change gameplay for the worse for me. Anyone else?

PES 19 - TBD
FIFA 19 - Coach challenge
Show 19 - Braves year 1
NBA Live 19 - Hawks year 1
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
They patched the fun out of this game awhile ago IMO but it is even worse with the shot contest now. Getting open looks was near impossible offline before this patch and now even if you are open you aren’t.

I just gotta call it how I see it and it’s just my opinion, but I have zero confidence that 20 will be for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »