Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

Since the EA Access version is OUT, leave your impressions of the full game here! I've had about an hour with it during lunch hour. So, with that said, there is a Trade Block in Franchise, which is a WELCOME addition. I threw Jimmy Butler in there and selected "Get Offers", and actually sent him back to the Bulls for Zach Lavine, a 1st round in 2019 and a 1st in 2020. I accepted that quick.

The game is BEAUTIFUL. Giannis looks insanely good. As does Lebron. I took a few pictures. Draft viewing is accessible in franchise, I dont remember if it was last year or not. No editing within franchise. Bird rights are also in franchise mode.

So, let's hear it. Thoughts on the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

I played a half MIA at NYK, buttery smooth and I noticed alot of help D. I was able to get quite a few open shots becuse the cpu was helping on Porzingis. It's still early but so far so good. I've had every Live ever made. I wished they would have added an online associaiton. Atleast you can invite friends for online head to head this year.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Commentary is a lot better when you're not hearing about the same two teams over and over like the demo. However, Ed Cohen sounds like a robot a lot of the time especially when stating who's receiving the passes.

The CPU may use superstars a little too much. LeBron shot about 12 or 13 shots in the first quarter alone. I did like how fouls are being called on jumpshots. There may be too many called on threes though but time will tell.

Fort those who run plays they seem to be working on The Xbox One X.

Blocks need to be toned down (I play on All Star) preferably by way of sliders and not a patch.

I'll be looking into the franchise mode next to see how deep it is and what improvements have been made.

Also, I'll be uploading a video of my impressions soon with gameplay footage.

Overall I'm having fun.

Back to Live now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2018, 06:46 PM   #4
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

OVR: 0

I absolutely love that you can take on a random or a friend online in a best of 7 series in H2H. So awesome.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
Banned

The game has already exceeded all my expectations. I just put in about 5 hours. Court Battles is the real deal.

I was whipping up on them, and then got run out of the building trying to reclaim my court by playing a match with threes worth 4, jumpers worth 3, lay-ups worth 2, and dunks only worth 1. I had to redo my lineup and get some shooters in, and took it down on my second try.

Some of the rules variants are crazy fun. Played a match to 21 where every missed shot put the points it was worth into a bank. the next made shot got the points for the shot and the banked points.

It's fun playing the CPU with these rules, but I hope there is away to play head to head with them, because it would be a lot more fun. Right now, the strategy is how to beat the CPU team, which is assembled by your opponent, according the rules and the handicaps they give you. So it is strategic, and the handicaps make it harder to win, even though the CPU is not great at adapting to weird rule sets.

I played some 5 on 5, a Live Run, and started my League player, who got drafted #9, but the game let me force a trade to the Sixers.

Franchise is what it is. I do feel bad for those that want something more. But, man, this is a freaking fun video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 07:56 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
The game has already exceeded all my expectations. I just put in about 5 hours. Court Battles is the real deal.

I was whipping up on them, and then got run out of the building trying to reclaim my court by playing a match with threes worth 4, jumpers worth 3, lay-ups worth 2, and dunks only worth 1. I had to redo my lineup and get some shooters in, and took it down on my second try.

Some of the rules variants are crazy fun. Played a match to 21 where every missed shot put the points it was worth into a bank. the next made shot got the points for the shot and the banked points.

It's fun playing the CPU with these rules, but I hope there is away to play head to head with them, because it would be a lot more fun. Right now, the strategy is how to beat the CPU team, which is assembled by your opponent, according the rules and the handicaps they give you. So it is strategic, and the handicaps make it harder to win, even though the CPU is not great at adapting to weird rule sets.

I played some 5 on 5, a Live Run, and started my League player, who got drafted #9, but the game let me force a trade to the Sixers.

Franchise is what it is. I do feel bad for those that want something more. But, man, this is a freaking fun video game.
court battles and pro am is what im most excited to play. good to hear your enjoying the game. im same as you when it comes to franchise. im going to play it but its not my go to mode. feel bad for the franchise guys.

you wanna tell everyone about this game and its fun factor and potential but the lack of franchise depth is keeping a lot of folks across the street (2k). not only just on OS but social media and friends/family too
Old 08-30-2018, 08:42 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

In the actual NBA/WNBA games, the graphics looked all washed out and faded. In the non NBA modes, like Rise, etc. the graphics look insanely realistic. Night and day difference between the 2. In the demo I really couldn't feel RPM. In the trial RPM is more pronounced, you can definitely feel it. AI defense is pretty good. I do feel as though players kind of skate around the court at times. Might be too many blocks happening.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopheid
I absolutely love that you can take on a random or a friend online in a best of 7 series in H2H. So awesome.
Glad to see that back!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »