Home

Player Likeness/Signature Movement Update!

This is a discussion on Player Likeness/Signature Movement Update! within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Likeness/Signature Movement Update!

Live has many players on point, but some dudes need some work in the player Model, Height/Weights, and Signature animations area. My goal is to list all models that need work, players that need some height/weight updates, and players in need of their signature animations (shots, dribbles, layups, dunks). Add in anybody you see that could use some work. Hopefully the devs can make these changes so we can have the best looking game possible! (Feel free to add pics so its clear what you're talking about)

Lebron James:

Player Model: Player Model looks great, but his legs are too large. Specifically his calves. My dude is somewhat bow legged as well, but his legs just need to be smaller, it throws off his accessories too.

H/W: He is 6'9, and is over 250. 260 would be pretty good estimate.

Signature: Lebron has a unique post fade away. He keeps the ball low, and is pretty stiff when doing it.

Joel Embiid:

Player Model: He is too skinny tbh. His shoulders are not broad enough, and his legs need to be larger. His dominance is in due in part to his size.

H/W: He was 7'2 on Live 18, but this year he is only 7'0. Its pretty universal that he has grown since his rookie year and is over 7' ft tall. Idk how he shrunk. lol. He is clearly not 250. He is 275 minimum.

Chris Paul

Player Model: His face is great, the best I have seen, but he needs to be a little thicker. He needs to be bigger, larger arms, bigger legs, etc.

Ben Simmons:

H/W: He is 6'11

Russel Westbrook:

Player Model: He needs to be much more muscular and have broader shoulders. He looks like he has little to no muscle tone.

H/W: I think He is 6'4 personally, but I may be wrong too.

Kyrie Irving:

Player Model: His face is improved, but could still use some work. He needs his full beard, or the thick short fro he has now. Also if possible his shorts are too high. Not all players wear their shorts above their knees.

H/W: He is 6'2 not 6'3.

Signature: He needs better step back shots in general. He is too stiff now while shooting coming out of a step back. Look at the shot he hit over Steph in the Finals to win it. He doesnt have that at all.

James Harden:

Signature: He needs better step backs. He only has one or two good looking ones. The rest are generic. He is the stepback king, he needs his own step backs exclusively, especially when going to the right.

Player Model: He needs a legit fade, with a mohawk. He doesn't have that, and it makes his face look off.

PJ Tucker

Player Model: He needs to be thicker, bigger calves and arms. He needs to have a lower haircut. He is not bald, but has the year 20 kobe level of hair. lol. Hair but minimal hair.

Markelle Fultz:

Player Model: Needs his new tattoos.

Lonzo Ball:

Player Model: Needs his new tattoos, and a hair updated.

Signature: May have to fix his jumper to make it less dramatic.

Last edited by TheMostEerned; 09-28-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Player Likeness/Signature Movement Update!

Good thread. I will add my list later. However, I don't think Chris Paul needs bigger arms. The current arm appears fine. Iguadala and Devin Booker do need a slight reduction in arm size.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Well CP3 arms are not too bad. If I had to choose. I would rather his legs become more muscular. He is a stout looking guy in general.

I look forward to seeing your list.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

They really need work on the arm definition, narrow shoulders, and arm lengths, all created players have the arm length of Mr Fantastic. Don’t let me start on the pointy elbows, still to this day feel Live 16 has the best body types not perfect but way better then the last 2 yrs.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
They really need work on the arm definition, narrow shoulders, and arm lengths, all created players have the arm length of Mr Fantastic. Don’t let me start on the pointy elbows, still to this day feel Live 16 has the best body types not perfect but way better then the last 2 yrs.
Man I totally agree with you on the arm defintion, narrow shoulders, and arm lengths. I would figure this would be a easy adjustment! It seems like the body builds are preset and cannot be customized.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMostEerned
Well CP3 arms are not too bad. If I had to choose. I would rather his legs become more muscular. He is a stout looking guy in general.

I look forward to seeing your list.
Yes, I agree with this. It would help if they could modify his lower body to some degree. I am not sure what they can do this year in regards to improving the player models. However, at the very least they should be more judicious in how they assign the body types. Overall I believe they have done a better job this year compared to last, in this regard (anyone remember the unnatural protruding shoulder syndrome and numerous wrong body types used for players like Rodney Hood, etc?). In general the player models are better and more natural looking than last years. Their posture is also much improved!

A player like Caris Lavert of the Nets with narrow shoulders and smaller frame is currently well represented in the game. However, some other players with broader shoulders need slightly better representation. I have noticed that the broader shoulder build or body type(could be improved but decent) has been applied to the likes of Ayton, Dwight Howard, etc. This build or something similar should be assigned to other players with broader shoulders that currently have the narrower shoulder build.

Finally, I believe that if you desire the best visibility for this topic that you also post it at the NBA Live 19 Reddit forum. The Devs are quite active there.

Last edited by Calvenn; 09-30-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Yes, I agree with this. It would help if they could modify his lower body to some degree. I am not sure what they can do this year in regards to improving the player models. However, at the very least they should be more judicious in how they assign the body types. Overall I believe they have done a better job this year compared to last, in this regard (anyone remember the unnatural protruding shoulder syndrome and numerous wrong body types used for players like Rodney Hood, etc?). In general the player models are better and more natural looking than last years. Their posture is also much improved!

A player like Caris Lavert of the Nets with narrow shoulders and smaller frame is currently well represented in the game. However, some other players with broader shoulders need slightly better representation. I have noticed that the broader shoulder build or body type(could be improved but decent) has been applied to the likes of Ayton, Dwight Howard, etc. This build or something similar should be assigned to other players with broader shoulders that currently have the narrower shoulder build.

Finally, I believe that if you desire the best visibility for this topic that you also post it at the NBA Live 19 Reddit forum. The Devs are quite active there.
I agree, the models are much improved. I just hope they continue to add to it. And make the weight matter hopefully. Some dudes just look small in comparison to others, while others look big. Jimmy butler looks big, in comparison to a draymond green, who is bigger than him.

I posted it there too already lol.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:26 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3
Icon2 Re: Player Likeness/Signature Movement Update!

As I said when I started a thread, I believe certain players mostly the bigger positions need more weight..Quite a few players like Durant, A. Davis, D. Green, L. James and others that need to have more weight is quite obvious to see. Unfortunately when I try to add more weight in the 'edit player' section it does nothing to the appearance of the player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »