Home

1.11 update October 23

This is a discussion on 1.11 update October 23 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2018, 07:19 AM   #33
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 1.11 update October 23

live about to take the crown
Old 10-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #34
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
I'm on the fence about purchasing this game. What about it makes you two like it better then 2k?
Well I think it's 19.99 now, I got it when it was 39.99. I'm personally just exhausted from 2K. 2K is great, but it feels like small incremental updates every year. And the game visually looks outdated, every year I gotta install the same mods over and over again.

I grew up with Live so I'm kinda loyal to them. But what I like about Live is the player motion, it's very very nice this year some of the way the player cuts and moves is very nice. Gameplay wise it's fun in a casual way, I feel 2K has become a game where you gotta kinda consistently run plays to play properly. In Live, I do run plays but not as much .If your looking for fun/casual fun you should play Live.

Oh something else I really like about Live is the star players on other teams are very good like I played the Lakers and LeBron destroyed me, played the Raptors Kawhi killed it. It plays smooth.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:58 AM   #35
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Picked up Live 19 yesterday, so looking forward to checking out the full version. I enjoyed the demo and also had fun with 18, so no reason to think I won't find some enjoyment out of 19.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
Well I think it's 19.99 now, I got it when it was 39.99. I'm personally just exhausted from 2K. 2K is great, but it feels like small incremental updates every year. And the game visually looks outdated, every year I gotta install the same mods over and over again.

I grew up with Live so I'm kinda loyal to them. But what I like about Live is the player motion, it's very very nice this year some of the way the player cuts and moves is very nice. Gameplay wise it's fun in a casual way, I feel 2K has become a game where you gotta kinda consistently run plays to play properly. In Live, I do run plays but not as much .If your looking for fun/casual fun you should play Live.

Oh something else I really like about Live is the star players on other teams are very good like I played the Lakers and LeBron destroyed me, played the Raptors Kawhi killed it. It plays smooth.
Still 59.99 in the PS store... I'm hoping it drops soon.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #37
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Picked up Live 19 yesterday, so looking forward to checking out the full version. I enjoyed the demo and also had fun with 18, so no reason to think I won't find some enjoyment out of 19.
Your getting it at the right time. The insanity of the over done gameplay patch has subsided and the game is back to being its super fun arcade/sim hybrid.

I have played more of this than any other sports game in recent memory. It’s honestly my sports game of the year.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #38
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
Still 59.99 in the PS store... I'm hoping it drops soon.
You can buy the physical for cheap. Like I know best buy and walmart have it for cheap
Old 10-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #39
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Played a game this morning and steals on passes toned way down. I play 12 minutes on Superstar and I'm a little sad that it's pretty much back to how it was. I had a 50 point lead at the end of the third quarter and was able to get to the rim and open 3's pretty easily. Before patch I struggled getting open looks and now I can get them.

Wish they could balance that without crazy steals on simple passes.

Also, I'm not seeing the cpu blocks you guys are.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 10

Cpu does block but like I said it's more them meeting you instead of sucking you in, and you can go around them. Online is back to how it was mostly, better or worse, dudes trying to drive every time. Got some dudes hitting threes right in my face. Still I enjoy it more. The game seems imo like launch but a little more polished. The passing lanes v cpu being more open wasn't something I exactly wanted but the fact that it also toned down auto steals is a good thing. I like getting steals just not auto steals.

Gm is on the right track again. Imo. Also so glad the post hook is back, and standing lay up

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »