Home

NBA Live 19 Patch 1.14 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Patch 1.14 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #73
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA Live 19 Patch 1.14 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Please.. bring Live and Madden over to the Switch.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Seriously, this needs to happen.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah, I actually enjoyed the post game a bit more last year in 2K, though the baby hook was suspect...the slow finishing moves around the rim this year took a lot the chess that I love out of it. I didn't have the "body block" issue because I knew how to time my moves, and they were quick. This is from a 5v5 H2H perspective though...didn't play MyCareer last year.

But this isn't about 2K's issues, its about Lives post game, and the options within it...those options are pretty lacking IMO.

You play against a rim protector that takes a bit more effort than just getting in the post and doing a hook (sometimes they'll still lock you into a block animation on those)...and the moves themselves just feel really sluggish to me. Said this before...defenders can jump 2-3 times before you complete a post spin, that's how long the animation is. I've pretty much given up trying to do 'advanced moves' there.

What's weird as well is the post seems to be the only place you can get blocked late in your animation frame. For most driving dunks the ball is intangible if you haven't already locked in a block. When I see a guy hit me with a between the legs in traffic and I get stuffed on the under part of my up and under all I can do is Kanye shrug, lol.

Best I can say is the slow moves have different powers and instances where they are useful. The wing scorer drive under the basket reverse is slow and ugly but it's tough to block and almost always goes in unless you block it or meet it at the release.

You can spin and power thru a rim protector now. If you're under the rim and they are, it's harder to make a straight lay up but there are more fouls now and you can go into them if you time it right. Better to think of it in one or two move bursts. Spin. Let yourself spin, then choose your lay up or do a hop step or pump fake finish.

It's not an issue of responsiveness other than utter simplicity. If you think of it super simply, I want to hook, I want to finish to the right, I want to power thru, I want to try to dunk etc. It's like how the best Shooters just do one cross n jump back n fire or just fire if they get open enough. You can cook people just as well w a post anchor imo except there is less space cuz dudes are in the paint and you're only getting 2 vs 3.

I mean each set up for a defender has an attack point. If you choose right you score. It's less about reacting than putting yourself in position to trigger the right move. It's that way w driving, shooting, and post. It does seem like driving gets more leeway tho. And there are those funky like lay up off the back of the backboard animations. Or the underside. Or I've seen the ball yoyo back into your hands and then you get three sec. Def room for improvement but I just think, like imagine they have all the stage one moves, they have stage one set up and stage one finish. Now they need to add stage two. But do it right.

But if there was 1v1 I'd feel very confident w my post scorer. In fives is just the chaos I actually score better when people start quitting and I can set myself up for some cpu passes. I put just 31 on a rim prot. Albeit in a big loss. Haha. Everyone but me n this other dude quit cuz they were making every three so I just started going at him. A lot of breaks and still powered him alil. They actually had two rim prots. Caught me on some blocks but I still shot well.

But Yea imo live is based on that simplicity. You don't chain moves you use them. Then use another. It's like that on perimeter too. Just gotta keep going at em. Eventually you'll see the spots. Rim prots are much less op now. I haven't got canned blocked by one since patch.

Edit: roll w us sometimes when I've got people on well get you buckets. Like I said a lot of it starts w a good pass. There are set up to fail pass looks that people always make thinking they are dimes.

-Smak
Old 11-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #75
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Best I can say is the slow moves have different powers and instances where they are useful. The wing scorer drive under the basket reverse is slow and ugly but it's tough to block and almost always goes in unless you block it or meet it at the release.

You can spin and power thru a rim protector now. If you're under the rim and they are, it's harder to make a straight lay up but there are more fouls now and you can go into them if you time it right. Better to think of it in one or two move bursts. Spin. Let yourself spin, then choose your lay up or do a hop step or pump fake finish.

It's not an issue of responsiveness other than utter simplicity. If you think of it super simply, I want to hook, I want to finish to the right, I want to power thru, I want to try to dunk etc. It's like how the best Shooters just do one cross n jump back n fire or just fire if they get open enough. You can cook people just as well w a post anchor imo except there is less space cuz dudes are in the paint and you're only getting 2 vs 3.

I mean each set up for a defender has an attack point. If you choose right you score. It's less about reacting than putting yourself in position to trigger the right move. It's that way w driving, shooting, and post. It does seem like driving gets more leeway tho. And there are those funky like lay up off the back of the backboard animations. Or the underside. Or I've seen the ball yoyo back into your hands and then you get three sec. Def room for improvement but I just think, like imagine they have all the stage one moves, they have stage one set up and stage one finish. Now they need to add stage two. But do it right.

But if there was 1v1 I'd feel very confident w my post scorer. In fives is just the chaos I actually score better when people start quitting and I can set myself up for some cpu passes. I put just 31 on a rim prot. Albeit in a big loss. Haha. Everyone but me n this other dude quit cuz they were making every three so I just started going at him. A lot of breaks and still powered him alil. They actually had two rim prots. Caught me on some blocks but I still shot well.

But Yea imo live is based on that simplicity. You don't chain moves you use them. Then use another. It's like that on perimeter too. Just gotta keep going at em. Eventually you'll see the spots. Rim prots are much less op now. I haven't got canned blocked by one since patch.

Edit: roll w us sometimes when I've got people on well get you buckets. Like I said a lot of it starts w a good pass. There are set up to fail pass looks that people always make thinking they are dimes.

-Smak
Oh I'm not having a hard time getting buckets, Lives not a particularly hard game to score in if you find a way, lol.....I'm just not a fan of the post game- back to the basket scoring....I feel like if I have to justify that many aspects of it, it needs some work....its something we probably won't agree on this year....but as a post scorer build I always have to speak my piece on it. Seems to reflect the view of a lot of people post scorers on Reddit too...I just dont find it that fun to play the way my build is built to play.

We can def link up and play whenever though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #76
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Matchmaking is wayyyy better in H2H btw...gameplay is pretty solid after a couple games too.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:53 PM   #77
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0

The last update fixed a lot of things. It’s not perfect yet (if one keeps a checklist) and definitely can’t please anyone.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:08 AM   #78
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Bought the game, 70% off, it is being downloaded right now, will go right into the one, which type of the player should I create, , is there a lack of centers or maybe wings when playing online? I assume there is too many point guards, at least based on experience with 2k where I created a PG and realized it would be better if I created a defensive big or a 3&D wing because I am playing with 2 other guards sometimes.

Thinking about creating a 3&D wing, would you recommend doing it? I mean, is it useful as archetype?

Last edited by Johnnythelegend; 11-21-2018 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:40 AM   #79
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Bought the game, 70% off, it is being downloaded right now, will go right into the one, which type of the player should I create, , is there a lack of centers or maybe wings when playing online? I assume there is too many point guards, at least based on experience with 2k where I created a PG and realized it would be better if I created a defensive big or a 3&D wing because I am playing with 2 other guards sometimes.

Thinking about creating a 3&D wing, would you recommend doing it? I mean, is it useful as archetype?

What do you want to do?

Regardless, avoid bigs. For now.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:43 AM   #80
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdBrown
What do you want to do?

Regardless, avoid bigs. For now.
Okay, I mean I love to play defense, both in the real life and in the game, I love that part of sports in general. But I am thinking if I create a 3&D forward i'll be more useful than if I create a guard since I am assuming there are more guards and "ballgawds" around. And I can be more effective defensively as a bigger wing than as a smaller forward. I mean I've been playing and watching basketball consistently for the last 10-15 years or so, I have the knowledge, I just contribute to winning as much as I can, I don't consider myself as a big ego guy that needs stats to feel better about myself, winning is the biggest goal. It sound cliche, but it is true

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »