Home

NBA Live 19 Patch 1.14 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Patch 1.14 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #65
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 19 Patch 1.14 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
The post game in 2k is worthless because of nerfed standing layups and over powered rebounder archetype's defensive abilities and badges as well as defender badges being way to over powered basically killing off any moves you do.

The only time you can post up when you're not playing the cpu, is when you're going up against a non rebounder, non defender. and most people have found out you better pick those two types of archs at least as a primary or you will lose a lot of games.

So as good as the 2k post game COULD be. it isnt really good either. Body blocks happening after up fake and do step thrus. or any kind of nice moves. very rarely can you finished/complete a nice move in the post on the block vs humans. now vs cpu. its easy.

I pretty much stick to offline in 2K because the whole “Got Next” system is garbage, and it’s just not fun in general. I only get a few hours a week to game, and I don’t like spending half of just trying to get into a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #66
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I pretty much stick to offline in 2K because the whole “Got Next” system is garbage, and it’s just not fun in general. I only get a few hours a week to game, and I don’t like spending half of just trying to get into a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Live matchmaking has seen vast improvement this last update. Lobbies fill up quicker.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
The post game in 2k is worthless because of nerfed standing layups and over powered rebounder archetype's defensive abilities and badges as well as defender badges being way to over powered basically killing off any moves you do.

The only time you can post up when you're not playing the cpu, is when you're going up against a non rebounder, non defender. and most people have found out you better pick those two types of archs at least as a primary or you will lose a lot of games.

So as good as the 2k post game COULD be. it isnt really good either. Body blocks happening after up fake and do step thrus. or any kind of nice moves. very rarely can you finished/complete a nice move in the post on the block vs humans. now vs cpu. its easy.

Yea I can cook people in live in the post. 2k u can do more but in the end you're not succeeding more, or I'm not. Some of the ways to score inside in live arent Sim, like the pump-dunk is a strong finish. You can cross over and drive in a way bigs should not.

But the fact you can go into people is great for live. Just bump them and finger roll it. If u are a catch player like me opposed to an iso player live is better. If you're an iso player live is also better but your path to scoring is a bit cheesy. Spin, drop step, fade, hook, dunk, hop step, pump fake, and like I said the fact u can drive on people by facing them up. You're not gonna get that yknow double dream shake lay in (up, fake fade, step thru) but in 2k ud prol get blocked or ripped or just miss. Live is simple but when I miss I feel I can look back and see why. One of these days I Shud make a YouTube haha. Too bad there isn't like a live community video YouTube that we all have the pw for. I don't really have dummy email addresses anymore.

BTW I'm on ps4 to who asked.

Back in old live I felt like I was the best big, then for some of the earlier neighborhood 2ks like thru 16. Now I probably am not the best (nor ever was because I don't exploit or I dont think I do), but the fact that I feel like the best big in live 18 n 19 is huge. 2k made me feel like a scrub who could only rebound and play d. I finally started drop step dunking a lot n got silver poster but that was about all I could do in 17 n 18. In 16 we could run two inside scoring bigs n clown in twos and get some wins.

2k majorly nerfed the under the basket fake gm and that was my bread and butter.

-Smak
Old 11-20-2018, 12:42 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
First time playing Live 19 in a while yesterday (been on the road for work. EA, you need to get this game on the Switch!) and had a really good experience, playing the Hornets (CPU) vs. 76ers, 8-min. quarters on All-Star difficulty.

Charlotte won by 4, 69-65.

Contested shots (including 3-pointers) went in at what I felt to be an appropriate amount for HUM and CPU.

CPU worked the offense through Kemba Walker, who hit some nice step-back jumpers and had the mid-range and 3-point game going. He finished with 33 points.

The CPU blocks felt a little high and there were only like 4 foul calls the entire game, but otherwise, no complaints.

This game definitely brought me back to the demo/release feel, which is a good thing.
Please.. bring Live and Madden over to the Switch.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2018, 01:46 AM   #69
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Please.. bring Live and Madden over to the Switch.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Live to PC. If ever a game could benefit from mods. Every shoe would be in the game. Accessories would be the right colors. Real ad boards. No more waiting for player likenesses. Tattoos. It would be glorious.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:16 AM   #70
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
You’re coming back at the right time. I think gameplay is finally in the best state it’s been with the Nov 15 patch.

I think TheLiveKings sliders are pretty well received and a good set to try first.

If you are finding all star difficulty too easy I posted some sliders in the slider forum designed to make All Star difficulty harder as I wanted more of a challenge but refuse to play on Superstar as the cpu gets pretty cheesy. I have user mid and three set to 20 which I think a lot of people would find low but I was aiming to get as realistic stats as possible so shooting percentages I get between low 40s to low 50s. I find at 20 if I miss the top of the meter I usually miss the shot which in my opinion is how it should be.

Lastly the only other thing is you may find pass interceptions overpowered I also addressed that in my slider thread.
I will go with your sliders at first. Thanks for the tips
Old 11-20-2018, 02:23 AM   #71
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Yea I can cook people in live in the post. 2k u can do more but in the end you're not succeeding more, or I'm not. Some of the ways to score inside in live arent Sim, like the pump-dunk is a strong finish. You can cross over and drive in a way bigs should not.

But the fact you can go into people is great for live. Just bump them and finger roll it. If u are a catch player like me opposed to an iso player live is better. If you're an iso player live is also better but your path to scoring is a bit cheesy. Spin, drop step, fade, hook, dunk, hop step, pump fake, and like I said the fact u can drive on people by facing them up. You're not gonna get that yknow double dream shake lay in (up, fake fade, step thru) but in 2k ud prol get blocked or ripped or just miss. Live is simple but when I miss I feel I can look back and see why. One of these days I Shud make a YouTube haha. Too bad there isn't like a live community video YouTube that we all have the pw for. I don't really have dummy email addresses anymore.

BTW I'm on ps4 to who asked.

Back in old live I felt like I was the best big, then for some of the earlier neighborhood 2ks like thru 16. Now I probably am not the best (nor ever was because I don't exploit or I dont think I do), but the fact that I feel like the best big in live 18 n 19 is huge. 2k made me feel like a scrub who could only rebound and play d. I finally started drop step dunking a lot n got silver poster but that was about all I could do in 17 n 18. In 16 we could run two inside scoring bigs n clown in twos and get some wins.

2k majorly nerfed the under the basket fake gm and that was my bread and butter.

-Smak
2K used to be good for the post as you had variety of moves to use. Last 3-4 years, the moves that you can do in the post - since 2k16- is reduced, you can't be as effective in the post in 2K as you are used to be.

5 vs 5 offline gaming for 2K is going down last 3 years. As an avid 2K gamer i stop playing 2K in December last 3 years. I used to play it till the last day that new 2K game comes out - playing the game for 1 year.. That information only tells the story how they bad they are recently. Props to Live for improving their game and putting real effort on it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 05:45 AM   #72
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
My biggest complaint about Live is the post game. It just feels stiff and there isn't as much control as in 2K. If they can revamp the post next year, it will totally change the game for me.
Yeah, I actually enjoyed the post game a bit more last year in 2K, though the baby hook was suspect...the slow finishing moves around the rim this year took a lot the chess that I love out of it. I didn't have the "body block" issue because I knew how to time my moves, and they were quick. This is from a 5v5 H2H perspective though...didn't play MyCareer last year.

But this isn't about 2K's issues, its about Lives post game, and the options within it...those options are pretty lacking IMO.

You play against a rim protector that takes a bit more effort than just getting in the post and doing a hook (sometimes they'll still lock you into a block animation on those)...and the moves themselves just feel really sluggish to me. Said this before...defenders can jump 2-3 times before you complete a post spin, that's how long the animation is. I've pretty much given up trying to do 'advanced moves' there.

What's weird as well is the post seems to be the only place you can get blocked late in your animation frame. For most driving dunks the ball is intangible if you haven't already locked in a block. When I see a guy hit me with a between the legs in traffic and I get stuffed on the under part of my up and under all I can do is Kanye shrug, lol.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 11-20-2018 at 08:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »