Home

Ratings Over Haul Guideline For Better Game Play

This is a discussion on Ratings Over Haul Guideline For Better Game Play within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Post Ratings Over Haul Guideline For Better Game Play

Alright I finally decided to do this since I have time now. Over all, like all their sports games, NBA Live 19 player ratings are over inflated and clumped together. So I decided to re-rate players for better game play. So here is a guideline.

Play Style - You will want to change this for a lot of players. IMO EA gave too many players the wrong play style type.

Speed - Going to have to cap this for a few positions.

Centers: No higher then 82 speed. Vast majority of Centers should be in the 60s, with some in the 50s and low to mid 70s. Really only 2 or 3 Centers should be at 80 or above.

Forwards - No higher then 89.

Guards can go max 99. However only a handful should be above 90.

Vertical - Centers need to be capped at 80.

Strength - Lower it over all for everybody. Only a handful should be at or above 90. Majority of the guards should be in the 60s and low 70s. Forwards should be mid 70s to high 80s.

All the shooting ratings should be adjusted. A lot of players are shooting much better this season then what NBA Live 19 got them at and a lot of players are shooting more poorly this season and need to have their ratings go down.

Dunk - Severely over inflated. Only handful deserve above 90. Majority of capable of dunking should be 70 to 85. This will SEVERELY cut back on the amount of fancy dunks you see by way too many players.

Layups - Same as dunk rating, over inflated and need to be scaled way back.

Court Vision - I call it the IQ rating of players. I broke it down into the following:

Best Player on the team: 95 and above

Good Players - 80 to 90

Average Players - 70 to 79

Below Average Players - 60 to 69

Bad Players - 59 and below

Passing - Need to be toned down for a lot of players and raised for others. Nothing wrong with players with a pass rating in the 50s. They can still pass the ball. A lower passer rating in the hands of the CPU AI will make them choose safer passes and less passing in traffic or cross court.

Dribbling - Same as passing. Nothing was more annoying then seeing Centers and Power Forwards dribbling like they were Kyrie Irving.

Defensive Awareness - Need to be toned way down. See the scale for court vision. Let's be real here, some players simply suck on defense. Majority of NBA players I would consider average on defense. Very few actually deserve a 90 or above rating.

On Ball Defense - See above for defensive awareness. By default they had way too many players too high like the league was full of lockdown Gary Payton type of defenders. See the scale for court vision. I consider most of the NBA average on ball defenders. Very few should be above 90. Then you also have plenty in the NBA who are below average defenders.

Block and Steal - Both over rated. Scale that way back. Majority of my players I gave a steal rating in the 60s and low 70s. Like I said before, the NBA is not full of Gary Paytons.

Contested shot, clutch, shoot off dribble - All need to be re-rated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 02:05 AM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ratings Over Haul Guideline For Better Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Alright I finally decided to do this since I have time now. Over all, like all their sports games, NBA Live 19 player ratings are over inflated and clumped together. So I decided to re-rate players for better game play. So here is a guideline.

Play Style - You will want to change this for a lot of players. IMO EA gave too many players the wrong play style type.

Centers: No higher then 82 speed. Vast majority of Centers should be in the 60s, with some in the 50s and low to mid 70s. Really only 2 or 3 Centers should be at 80 or above.

Strength - Lower it over all for everybody. Only a handful should be at or above 90. Majority of the guards should be in the 60s and low 70s. Forwards should be mid 70s to high 80s.

All the shooting ratings should be adjusted. A lot of players are shooting much better this season then what NBA Live 19 got them at and a lot of players are shooting more poorly this season and need to have their ratings go down.

Dunk - Severely over inflated. Only handful deserve above 90. Majority of capable of dunking should be 70 to 85. This will SEVERELY cut back on the amount of fancy dunks you see by way too many players.

Court Vision - I call it the IQ rating of players. I broke it down into the following:

Good Players - 80 to 90

Passing - Need to be toned down for a lot of players and raised for others. Nothing wrong with players with a pass rating in the 50s. They can still pass the ball. A lower passer rating in the hands of the CPU AI will make them choose safer passes and less passing in traffic or cross court.

Dribbling - Same as passing. Nothing was more annoying then seeing Centers and Power Forwards dribbling like they were Kyrie Irving.

Defensive Awareness - Need to be toned way down. See the scale for court vision. Let's be real here, some players simply suck on defense. Majority of NBA players I would consider average on defense. Very few actually deserve a 90 or above rating.

On Ball Defense - See above for defensive awareness. By default they had way too many players too high like the league was full of lockdown Gary Payton type of defenders. See the scale for court vision. I consider most of the NBA average on ball defenders. Very few should be above 90. Then you also have plenty in the NBA who are below average defenders.

Block and Steal - Both over rated. Scale that way back. Majority of my players I gave a steal rating in the 60s and low 70s. Like I said before, the NBA is not full of Gary Paytons.

This is why we need a roster share option.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:11 AM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

So what will you see if you do all of this ?

Much better game play. Way more variety of moves and animations by the AI. More stumbles, bobbled passes. More mismatches being exploited. Less on ball steals over all, now only the actual stealers and beast on ball defenders will actually on ball steal. Way more mid range shooting. More passing of the ball around. More realistic looking fast breaks. Blocks that actually make sense. Teams and players will be more clearly separated. Great players will shine more, bad players will be more exposed. Teams full of bad defensive aware players will clearly stand out.

The biggest key changes are court vision, on ball defense, steal, block and defensive awareness. Makes a night and day difference.

Is it worth your time ?

Hell yes if you are an offline player.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5
Ratings Over Haul Guideline For Better Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty

Agreed.......
Only if it doesn't crash our games upon loading custom rosters.
There should also be a slider/settings share option, as I feel thecslider adjustments in this year's game work very well towards getting the game to play how you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream

Last edited by seanhazz1; 11-30-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Good Players - 80 to 90

Man I wish EA would hire you lol. Crazy how little effort they put into the nba side of this game. Fultz 81 overall pretty much sums it smh. Going check this out played s online game cp3 just kept stealing & stealing went look at his rating guy steal overall a 94 smh. With how the gameplay is in this game that’s way to high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Yup, one of the things I harped on in the survey they sent out today. And franchise... And online franchise... And... I told them just copy MyLeague lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #7
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Fultz and Simmons mid and 3 ball are unexplainable. Bembry isnt even on the playable roster.

Is there a person identified as responsible for these ratings?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 12-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Fultz and Simmons mid and 3 ball are unexplainable. Bembry isnt even on the playable roster.

Is there a person identified as responsible for these ratings?
She still does ratings as far as I know: https://mobile.twitter.com/emesola

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »