Home

Live currently on sale for $10. Worth it?

This is a discussion on Live currently on sale for $10. Worth it? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2018, 11:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Live currently on sale for $10. Worth it?

In Indonesia it's Rp 62.000-ish on PS4, that's like $4-ish and it's goddamn worth it. I love the AI in Live, both opponents and teammates. The AI knows how to guard in transition, something 2K always having trouble in and they know how to double-team. The graphic is also stunning, something they had fixed over the years and it's even better than 2K imo. They have smooth animations and almost no sliding, tho, there are still some awkward animation. all and all, I love it! different take from 2K.

Sorry for my English!
Old 01-01-2019, 05:38 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanxyrho
In Indonesia it's Rp 62.000-ish on PS4, that's like $4-ish and it's goddamn worth it. I love the AI in Live, both opponents and teammates. The AI knows how to guard in transition, something 2K always having trouble in and they know how to double-team. The graphic is also stunning, something they had fixed over the years and it's even better than 2K imo. They have smooth animations and almost no sliding, tho, there are still some awkward animation. all and all, I love it! different take from 2K.

Sorry for my English!
Yes my guy. The defensive switiching in Live, especially in transition, is top notch. I mean live still needs to clean up offense be motion a bit, but the the flow and pace of the game are great. Players feel like they have momentum and weight, and there is actually a penalty for reckless sprinting and passing.

Known issues for me are the canned animations on rebounds and blocks. Don't even have to do anything, just does it for you. Sometimes pump fakes don't register at all. Post game is bare bones. Pretty much get your player in a decent position, either roll to hoop or take a dice roll hook shot or some uncontrolled canned post move.

As far as franchise is concerned, it is bare compared to 2k, but there is one feature that does it for me...the earning of XP and traits league wide. All the players in NBA operate under same progression as The One players. Gain XP thru play, earn traits based on player arch, lvl up the traits thru challenges. This is league wide. Can't really speak on how well the CPU utilities this compared to a user, but its there. So essentially, you are lvling your entire franchiae, every player, like you would with your created career player. Personally, I think that's pretty awesome.

Imo graphics are better, sound is better on Live. ESPN overlays + ESPN Cam looks amazing. You still get some wonky AF animations here and there.

Get it.

Sent from my cp3636a using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Absolutely. For 10 bucks you can't go wrong. It's a fun game. Just flawed. But I got it for 20. And it was worth it to me.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 02:29 AM   #12
Rookie

So I have bought it just yesterday, still haven't figured out how to stay on my man, cause I get blown by really easily, the other thing that I have noticed is that timing is very strict on jumpshots. Anyway is live good at being a sim game? Also, it seems like ultimate team is empty, that's the reason why I bought the game, to play with classic players, but alas can't find anyone to play against.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #13
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist12
So I have bought it just yesterday, still haven't figured out how to stay on my man, cause I get blown by really easily, the other thing that I have noticed is that timing is very strict on jumpshots. Anyway is live good at being a sim game? Also, it seems like ultimate team is empty, that's the reason why I bought the game, to play with classic players, but alas can't find anyone to play against.
Ultimate team is a waste land. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s 4 or 5 people in the whole world playing that mode lol. Your best bet is to go on Reddit and find the Live community there. It’s pretty active and you might find others such as yourself looking to get UT going.

NBA Live does some “sim” things extremely well and some others not so much.

I’ve just recently gotten into 2K for this year and for all the little things that game does right, the one thing NBA Live blows it out of the water is player movement and specifically foot planting. It’s not that it’s not serviceable in 2k but going there from playing as much Live as I have it’s a bit of a bummer.

Also I much prefer the graphics and atmosphere of Live. After that though litterally every thing else about 2k is better. Lol I think though the things Live has done well are big big big building blocks to hopefully close the gap in the future.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 01-14-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #14
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Ultimate team is a waste land. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s 4 or 5 people in the whole world playing that mode lol.
Now that is funny but true

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2019, 01:53 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
Now that is funny but true

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That sucks balls alright, that was the only reason I bought live 19, to play with classic players like Pierce and Garnett online, cause I don't watch modern NBA, wonder if I can still find an NBA 2k7 disc for PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 01:41 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wouldn’t even waste the download space if it was free. Please stop making Live and take the whole team and invest them into making Madden better!! Maybe even use the ESPN license for a game people care about instead of wasting the license on this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »