Home

How would you feel if they went back to NBA Elite 11's controls?

This is a discussion on How would you feel if they went back to NBA Elite 11's controls? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2019, 11:00 PM   #9
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How would you feel if they went back to NBA Elite 11's controls?

I'd be ok with that. They would still need a bit more depth with the extra moves added to the game, but the idea was great. I'd also like them to bring back NBA Live 09's pick and roll controls. Still the best PnR controls of any game.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #10
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I would feel how this guy feels at the 5:17 mark lol

Warning!!!! The guy uses some pretty foul language.

https://youtu.be/rOsRiYdPek8

Last edited by CujoMatty; 08-02-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:54 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPOMAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9nG-KrNGvs
Pretty much this is the tutorial of the dribbling controls. How would you feel if they went back to just having the right stick for everything like in here? I think it could be interesting. Who knows though.
it would go back to being the most skilled based game on the market by far. but it will be hard to shoot in that game and it would take practice, lots of it. so you would have 2k lifers crying about how its so stupid that its not exactly like 2k. so as long as you can weather that storm. you're good to go.

Elite 11's controls were by far the most realistic in any basketball game ever. now animations and all that stuff not so much lol.

To fix the issue they had in the past with you giving the user so much control. is you have to have all the signature dribble moves/styles of real life players. and which ever combinations are chosen for your The One player need to be tied to the dribbling moves you pull off.
so just like elite 11 an around the back move needs to pulled off with you going from ball hand side, pull down on the rt analog stick and do a semi circle back up to the non ball hand. But instead of it producing a generic around the back dribble. it can implement which ever around the back STYLE of dribble you choose to equip to your player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2019, 12:02 PM   #12
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

I'd be all good with it. Back then when we actually had EA community managers around him and I talked a lot about the elite 11 controls and how you actually had to practice to get good with them and then stick skill actually mattered and could give you an in game advantage of you mastered the controls. I still wish a copy of that game would magically appear on my door step.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:16 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

eh, dudes move like spiders, too fast in directions that aren't forward. I think Live control is at a good place right now. They just need more outcomes, hopefully based on angle, momentum and button timing.

-Smak
Old 10-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
eh, dudes move like spiders, too fast in directions that aren't forward. I think Live control is at a good place right now. They just need more outcomes, hopefully based on angle, momentum and button timing.

-Smak
I agree with this. One of the reasons Live grew on me over these last few releases is that I felt like the players moved and did what I wanted without having to fight the controls. I never plated Elite, so I can't say with certainty, but if the explanation was that they made the controls complex enough that just making the players move and act how you want is a struggle, I doubt I would use them.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #15
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I know I'm in the minority on this but I absolutely hate using the right stick for shooting. In my opinion it convolutes everything to have everything for dribbling and shooting on one stick. I don't like stick controls in general. It's the whole reason I didn't care for Fight Night Round 3 too. I'm love using the stick for freestyle dribble moves but I definitely want the shooting options on the buttons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 08:31 PM   #16
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Nope ...hated it then and still hate it now....gotta do the movements to a ''Hadouken'' just to do a simple layup....I'll pass

Last edited by swac07; 10-15-2019 at 08:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »