Home

How would you feel if they went back to NBA Elite 11's controls?

This is a discussion on How would you feel if they went back to NBA Elite 11's controls? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2019, 07:43 AM   #17
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How would you feel if they went back to NBA Elite 11's controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Nope ...hated it then and still hate it now....gotta do the movements to a ''Hadouken'' just to do a simple layup....I'll pass
THen you are just restricting yourself from having more options of offense and defense. Everything cant be based on a single button press if the game needs to evolve. Look at lives horrible post move options as an example of 1990s controls restricting gameplay. 2k8 had better post moves

Last edited by HoustonHarden; 10-17-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #18
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden
THen you are just restricting yourself from having more options of offense and defense. Everything cant be based on a single button press if the game needs to evolve. Look at lives horrible post move options as an example of 1990s controls restricting gameplay. 2k8 had better post moves
Problem with sticking everything dribbling and shooting on one stick is that it's never an exact science. Accuracy > Quantity
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #19
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Problem with sticking everything dribbling and shooting on one stick is that it's never an exact science. Accuracy > Quantity

Well EA needs to evolve. They have stuggled since the Xboxone was releases and its time to bring some kind of advanced control for those of us they want it. complex post moves and shots require better controls. Need 2 options but more control for us guys wanting more real control over players.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:40 PM   #20
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Well EA needs to evolve. They have stuggled since the Xboxone was releases and its time to bring some kind of advanced control for those of us they want it. complex post moves and shots require better controls. Need 2 options but more control for us guys wanting more real control over players.
I think multiple options for a controller layout might be the right way to go. Just speaking as my personal preference the shots I use can pretty much be done with the left stick and a shoot button and maybe the left trigger to post up. I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to shooting, a shot is a shot, a dunk is a dunk, a layup is a layup. I'd rather the right stick be used solely for dribble freestyle. Again, though, that's just me.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
it actually worked well in elite 11. its just that it would take lots of practice and time to get use to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2019, 04:09 AM   #22
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Nah it was dumb...like I said to do a SIMPLE layup I had to pretend like I was playing Street Fighter 2....they received hella backlash for those ''hockey controls'' they put in elite...I agree things need to evolve,but the controls were dumpster juice fam. If they would have been implemented better the only issue elite would have had back then was ''Jesus Bynum''
Old 10-12-2020, 04:53 PM   #23
Rookie

I disliked those controls, it just felt way too confusing and uncomfortable just performing all the basic stuff from dribbling to shooting in a practice demo.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:53 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPOMAN
https://cinemahd.to/
Pretty much this is the tutorial of the dribbling controls. How would you feel if they went back to just having the right stick for everything like in here? I think it could be interesting. Who knows though.
Thanks for the resouces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »