Home

Anyone still playing NBA LIVE 10?

This is a discussion on Anyone still playing NBA LIVE 10? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you still play NBA LIVE 10?
Yes 13 41.94%
No 18 58.06%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2019, 11:14 AM   #9
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone still playing NBA LIVE 10?

Occasionally and still enjoy it.

Still have those Dre rosters too that improved the gameplay.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I just popped in NBA Live 10 while connected to Xbox Live and got an Update. Thought it was odd since I have had Xbox Live connected many times while having NBA Live 10 on. Must be something odd I didn't get updated before.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 07-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Live 10 is still one of my favorites til this day

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #12
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I think Mike worked on Live 09 as well, but not from the beginning, I think he was hired while the game was already half develooed.

I have Live 10 for PS3 and want to play it but get lazy to connect the console and all that. I used to love the layup solutions feature, it was awesome. It was a great game, although I preferred Live 09's graphics.
i'm 99% sure he did not work on Live 09, that's why he was brought in for Live 10 and it was such a massive leap from 09. Amazing what one year can do with one guy at the helm.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't really remember NBA Live 10. But I do remember playing NCAA basketball and really enjoying it.
They have to get back to that level
Old 07-17-2019, 12:44 AM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I don't really remember NBA Live 10. But I do remember playing NCAA basketball and really enjoying it.
NCAA 10 was great! Too bad it was abandoned quickly after launch and EA never fixed the freezing issue.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-17-2019, 06:24 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
NCAA 10 was great! Too bad it was abandoned quickly after launch and EA never fixed the freezing issue.
The gameplay had college specific offenses amd motions to make it feel different than Live.
The whole dual broadcast really made it for me. Where one didn't feel significantly better than other one. Heck, that Dual broadcast package is still better than a lot of current sports games broadcast/presentation.

I was surprised they abandoned that so quickly. I think the whole legal situation didn't really start until a year after. So they could have fixed some issues and at least squeeze out one more game. But at the time College sports really wasn't selling that well outside of CFB. 2kHoops stopped a couple years prior(and avoided the lawsuits). NCAA 10 didn't sell well so they just devoted resources into NBA Live. I don't really think a NCAA Basketball would sell that well. CBB is as marketable as best player(s). There are years where people don't really tune in until March Madness. There are years where drafts feel dull because doesn't feel like there is a transcendent talent.

But after that year, NBA Live has been in decline the past decade. Starting with NBA Elite 11 compared to 2k11(people's favorite), things really went downhill. Last couple years they made strides. They could use a new engine. While some face scans look good, most look off. I don't know how Frostbite would gameplay, but the graphics is a step behind. Where in the streets it isn't as bad. But actual on court NBA gameplay, the graphics almost looks like last gen PS3/360. What I feel they should do is work hard this year to improve graphics, gameplay, and depth for easier transition to next gen. Then next year just solely focus on next gen NBA Live. That way they'll have an extra 2 months to fully prepare to jump into next gen hardwares
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2019, 10:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
These two games are great together!

A current 2020 NCAA 10 roster should be available, that game has a good following. Be nice if we had a 2020 roster for NBA Live 10.

I’ve recently been playing nba 2k18 on Xbox 360 with updated 2020 roster. It’s a decent game but I prefer NCAA 10 & Live 10 controls over 2k basketball.

Last edited by Purk1981; 10-23-2019 at 10:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »