Home

NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-31-2019, 05:06 PM   #105
something

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update

People have been saying sports games will go to the yearly DLC/subscription model forever. Wake me up when it finally happens. They've been saying that for about as long as people been saying Game Stop is going to disappear soon, and cloud gaming is taking over. Again, wake me up when it happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 11:07 PM   #106
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
People have been saying sports games will go to the yearly DLC/subscription model forever. Wake me up when it finally happens. They've been saying that for about as long as people been saying Game Stop is going to disappear soon, and cloud gaming is taking over. Again, wake me up when it happens.
Dont forget consoles are dead one to lol.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #107
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
What do you know about the marketing?

"I donít get why I derserve to know all the details"

It's 2019 and as a consumer you deserve to know at least if the game is coming out or not. Know your rights, lol
And this "law" or "agreement" is written somewhere?
Old 08-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update

Quote:
What do you know about the marketing?

"I donít get why I derserve to know all the details"

It's 2019 and as a consumer you deserve to know at least if the game is coming out or not. Know your rights, lol

As said above, there's nothing at all that gives consumers a right to know when, or if, a company is producing a product.

See Star Citizen in the PC world for proof of that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-02-2019, 03:18 AM   #109
Pro

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
As said above, there's nothing at all that gives consumers a right to know when, or if, a company is producing a product.

See Star Citizen in the PC world for proof of that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Well if you are an established global brand who releases game with a big brand value like NBA and having a sales of close to a million or maybe even more and having the equal number of fans you "owe" the explanation to your "customer base" who purchase or your game year in and year out. Marketing 101.
If you don't do that, you disappoint some of your customer base and you start to lose client which is a NO NO. Only amateurs do that
Sorry that you are uneducated about that
Old 08-02-2019, 03:20 AM   #110
Pro

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
And this "law" or "agreement" is written somewhere?
It's called doing the job right. It's what seperates AMAZON from another low-level Amazon-like retail seller or any other global brand from a small shop.

It doesn't need to be a law, it's what they teach you in management & marketing classes, it's what the business world talk about 7/24. There are educated CEO's on these global brands, not a common folk....

It's just that 70 % of the gaming community are asocials who are scared of human interaction and don't have ability to critical think , accept what gaming companies throw at them = DLC, putting up incomplete games. Gaming community doesn't know what their "right" is and don't care as they are mostly asocial anyway.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #111
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Well if you are an established global brand who releases game with a big brand value like NBA and having a sales of close to a million or maybe even more and having the equal number of fans you "owe" the explanation to your "customer base" who purchase or your game year in and year out. Marketing 101.
If you don't do that, you disappoint some of your customer base and you start to lose client which is a NO NO. Only amateurs do that
Sorry that you are uneducated about that
What you just said is completely different from what I was commenting on.

Yes they should let their customer base know, I agree with what you said above, but I was commenting on the fact that someone thought there was some "right" for the customer to know. There isn't.

Two very different things there.

I think this is one problem just in general with society is people don't understand the difference in an actual "right" aka something legal versus what is simply the right thing to do.

EA informing all of us is the right thing to do but we have no consumer "right" to know....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #112
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
It's called doing the job right. It's what seperates AMAZON from another low-level Amazon-like retail seller or any other global brand from a small shop.

It doesn't need to be a law, it's what they teach you in management & marketing classes, it's what the business world talk about 7/24. There are educated CEO's on these global brands, not a common folk....

It's just that 70 % of the gaming community are asocials who are scared of human interaction and don't have ability to critical think , accept what gaming companies throw at them = DLC, putting up incomplete games. Gaming community doesn't know what their "right" is and don't care as they are mostly asocial anyway.
The community knows they have no right to knowledge of a company's future product, a date of release or even if they have one in development. It likely benefits the company if they do provide that but there's no "right" anywhere stating they have to provide any of that information.

And again, as stated, if you think there is some legal right to that then provide PROOF. You can't because there isn't any; it's just what you think is right.

It's sad to me you can't understand the difference in those two things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »