Home

NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #121
Pro

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
At the end of the day...EA is not REQUIRED to inform consumers about the status of NBA Live. That's where you fail to grasp understanding on this topic. You WANT EA to inform you about NBA Live, but they don't NEED to inform you of what's going on with NBA Live.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_de...-nba-live-19/2

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/esport...ain-heres-why/

https://www.pastapadre.com/2019/02/1...w-dropped-to-6

Now, why you're lying about their sales numbers and trying make it seem like NBA Live has this HUGE global following is beyond me. NBA Live 18 didn't even break 500K between ALL consoles. NBA Live 19 had 29 average viewers on Twitch compared to NBA 2K's 5K average. NBA Live 19 sold for $6 to generate sales. EA can never say another word about NBA Live going forward, and it WON'T matter. They're not turning a profit on the game nor do the general basketball community cares about the game.

To me, if I was an "educated" CEO, the "right" BUSINESS move (on the outside looking in and without company data) would be to cancel NBA Live indefinitely, not renew the NBA license, disband the development studio, and reallocate funding resources somewhere else. I wouldn't give a damn about the consumer base, because the consumer base is not making my product profitable.

How's that for "consumer rights" versus "company rights"?
"why you're lying about their sales numbers" I didn't lie. I searched for it, couldn't see it so i just guessed it.

"To me, if I was an "educated" CEO, the "right" BUSINESS move (on the outside looking in and without company data) would be to cancel NBA Live indefinitely, not renew the NBA license, disband the development studio, and reallocate funding resources somewhere else. I wouldn't give a damn about the consumer base, because the consumer base is not making my product profitable." That sounds okay. YOu just need to tell the community what's your intention. That's why i'm upset. Lack of com-munication
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #122
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
"why you're lying about their sales numbers" I didn't lie. I searched for it, couldn't see it so i just guessed it.

"To me, if I was an "educated" CEO, the "right" BUSINESS move (on the outside looking in and without company data) would be to cancel NBA Live indefinitely, not renew the NBA license, disband the development studio, and reallocate funding resources somewhere else. I wouldn't give a damn about the consumer base, because the consumer base is not making my product profitable." That sounds okay. YOu just need to tell the community what's your intention. That's why i'm upset. Lack of com-munication
Once again....they don't "need" to do anything when it comes to communication about NBA Live.....
Old 08-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #123
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Once again....they don't "need" to do anything when it comes to communication about NBA Live.....
He, like so many people today in the world, can't seem to understand the difference in want vs need...

Probably why we see so many people constantly saying "we have a right to.."

No you don't, we all have rights but people seem to confuse what they think others should do ethically versus a real, factual right.

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-02-2019, 11:37 AM   #124
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
He, like so many people today in the world, can't seem to understand the difference in want vs need...

Probably why we see so many people constantly saying "we have a right to.."

No you don't, we all have rights but people seem to confuse what they think others should do ethically versus a real, factual right.
Same conversation that I have with young people all the time.

It's like being a parent, and your teenager tells you that he/she has the right to privacy, and you're not allowed in their room.

What? I don't know who told you that lie, but the "rights" you "have" is whatever I decide to give you or acknowledge. What you said sounded good, but I don't acknowledge it.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-02-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:06 PM   #125
Pro

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Why? Because they have low sales numbers?
That's why? If you are a global company like Ea it's like a business crime to have such a poor communication about your game. It is 2019 not 2009 , people are on 7/24 news cycle.
It is a bad image. I bet you don't care about that too. Oh well... Good lie about management degree Btw

Last edited by lareka; 08-02-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 12:29 PM   #126
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Why? Because they have low sales numbers?
That's why? If you are a global company like Ea it's like a business crime to have such a poor communication about your game. It is 2019 not 2009 , people are on 7/24 news cycle.
It is a bad image. I bet you don't care about that too. Oh well... Good lie about management degree Btw
Bad image for a game that's not selling and already has had MULTIPLE cancellations since NBA Live 10??? You can't be serious???

You kinda would have an argument if we were talking about Madden, FIFA, Battlefield, The Sims, Mass Effect, etc. For those games, communication and marketing would be vital for the CONTINUED success of those franchises. However, we're talking about NBA Live....
Old 08-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #127
Rookie

Quote:
Bad image for a game that's not selling and already has had MULTIPLE cancellations since NBA Live 10??? You can't be serious???

You kinda would have an argument if we were talking about Madden, FIFA, Battlefield, The Sims, Mass Effect, etc. For those games, communication and marketing would be vital for the CONTINUED success of those franchises. However, we're talking about NBA Live....
Actually playing devils advocate, you might look at it from a different POV. If few bought the game even when it hit $3-5, few may notice or even care it's been delayed and EA may have come to that conclusion as well.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:50 AM   #128
Pro

lareka's Arena

Quote:

Bad Image for ELECTRONIC ARTS. Probably I overexaggerated the status of NBA LIVE, it's not regarded as highly as i thought- that's what i understood from our exchange.

"You kinda would have an argument if we were talking about Madden, FIFA, Battlefield, The Sims, Mass Effect, etc. For those games, communication and marketing would be vital for the CONTINUED success of those franchises. However, we're talking about NBA Live..." For me it's about EA. About those franchises you are right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »