Home

NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach

This is a discussion on NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2019, 10:12 PM   #25
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 20 Delayed Until Late 2019 as Team Plans a Different Approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
No surprise here. Another EA incomplete 3 year cycle. Minimal progress after skipping 17, they came back with Live 18 which was fun but still far behind 2K in all key areas.

On top of that, EA Sports keeps on removing features from the game rather than adding them on from the start and creating a competitive game. Their gameplay isn’t bad but just needs regular tweaks to become great.

I’m sure they will launch a full scale Live attack again on next gen with the same song and dance. Best of Luck Live! #Salute

If EA lost the exclusivity for the NFL, NHL, and many of the soccer leagues, what is happening to Live would be the fate of all the EA Sports games. It's time to end the exclusivity deals and allow more than one AAA company to produce sports games. This entire generation of consoles SHOULD be a wake up call to sports gamers. We're getting a subpar product year after year while the EA, 2K, and SDS continue to haul in massive profits from these goddamn Ultimate Team modes. We must demand better going into the PS5/XBOX...whatever era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 10:18 PM   #26
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

It’s done boys......we’ve been down this path before. Another delay announced later on then the final cancellation announcement.

Damn.......game form childhood is gone.....
Old 07-30-2019, 10:31 PM   #27
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish Konami would bring back NBA in the zone.

Anyway, hopefully it still comes out we need more variety in NBA hoops

Can we get remasters of NBA Street vol 1-3 at least?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 10:31 PM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Glass half full approach is that they are "taking extra time to perfect the game"...

Unfortunately, that just rarely ends up being the case. The new approach statement makes me feel like in one form or another, we're starting from scratch...which means we wont get a refined product building off previous releases.

Only time will tell, but I don't have a great feeling.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:26 PM   #29
Pro

Kill the damn game for Christ sake.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:32 PM   #30
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeUp106
If EA lost the exclusivity for the NFL, NHL, and many of the soccer leagues, what is happening to Live would be the fate of all the EA Sports games. It's time to end the exclusivity deals and allow more than one AAA company to produce sports games. This entire generation of consoles SHOULD be a wake up call to sports gamers. We're getting a subpar product year after year while the EA, 2K, and SDS continue to haul in massive profits from these goddamn Ultimate Team modes. We must demand better going into the PS5/XBOX...whatever era.
Yep. I agree. This current gen of sports games has been subpar. With EA being the biggest disappointment. I was looking forward to Live 20. Guess not.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 07-30-2019, 11:40 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeUp106
The only way to do that is to vote with your dollars and right now gamers are voting for 2K. If gamers en mass decided to boycott 2K for micro-transactions then it would send a message to 2K that they need to stop. But they aren't and won't because 2K keeps raking in more money each year. And lets not forget that a good portion of those EA MUT, FUT and 2K My Player micro-transactions are by eSports players.

We may just need to accept that the days of multi-sport titles are over. Really the only Sport that currently has two titles is FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer and PES is getting beaten by EA's FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 12:46 AM   #32
Rookie

What they should do:

They replaced the game with a complete remaster of NBA Street V2! Taking a year off to concentrate on the next gen consoles.

What they will do:

Sell the game cheap with limited additions to the game and maybe toss in a few college teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »