Home

NBA Live 20 Has Officially Been Canceled

This is a discussion on NBA Live 20 Has Officially Been Canceled within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2019, 12:48 PM   #57
Rookie

rp1979's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 20 Has Officially Been Canceled

EA Sports
Its in the game
Thanks god 2K does nba games
Old 11-01-2019, 01:42 PM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp1979
EA Sports
Its in the game
Thanks god 2K does nba games
If wish I enjoyed 2K's style of gameplay. Of course, if I did, I would be discussing the game in the 2K forums instead of trolling the Live forums.

Some people are bummed that Live is dead. May not be a ton of people, but why would anyone want to troll folks bummed that a game franchise they liked has been canceled? Seems like a pretty pathetic dick move.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:48 PM   #59
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

Let’s be honest, Live has been dead for almost a decade.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:52 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
If wish I enjoyed 2K's style of gameplay. Of course, if I did, I would be discussing the game in the 2K forums instead of trolling the Live forums.

Some people are bummed that Live is dead. May not be a ton of people, but why would anyone want to troll folks bummed that a game franchise they liked has been canceled? Seems like a pretty pathetic dick move.

I feel more trolled by ea. Dudes are mad I still post on 2k side about micros I'm sure, but I'm v passionate about it and the game-ificafion of 2k.

It ain't 2011 any more. Elite is a distant memory. I don't feel like I fall on either side of this war but imo 18/19 were far and away better than 09/10. And they weren't even 50% done fleshing it out. This is just awful news for ea. Like I said they must have got shafted on name rights or something because it makes no sense they'd cancel it. Live really was trash imo in 07 and 08 (skipped after watching game play), redeemed itself with 09 and 10 then became a meme for at least 5 years just because of how poorly elite was received.

If you had told me 18 was gonna be good before I played it when they had free online demo, I would have been like hehhh. But it was. It just didn't have fouls and quarters like 19 did. 20 could have taken another little step with the things I'm always harping over.

It's not an ea vs 2k thing.i think ea is just as trash of a company as any other aaa one, but it's sad to see a game that is good and can get a lot better get canceled. And if they don't mess with stuff too much their next offering probably will be good too, but it sucks to wait. I dono if I'm even gonna do next gen this time and probably Def not at launch.

So Yea the salt is real for not having a new toy for this year and ea did us dirty, even with "signs" I like to think people will be somewhat honest and not shoot themselves in the foot. They basically screwed themselves and their fans,; they deserve to be made fun of. But people seem to be making fun of those who enjoy live, as they always have, as If we are somehow unintelligent or too easily satisfied. "stop accepting crap, Smak!' style.

Should have just bought a slap chop and been done w it.

-Smak
Old 11-01-2019, 05:19 PM   #61
Rookie

Facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg
Let’s be honest, Live has been dead for almost a decade.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2019, 09:21 PM   #62
Banned

Yet, I played the crap out of both 18 and 19. It only died this year for me.

EA screwed up the franchise when thy tried to reboot it as Elite. At that time, 2K took off and created My Player, which has become the most played mode in sports games. Throw in the heavy, heavy anti EA bias gamers have, and it was impossible to expect EA to win mindshare. While 18 and 19 were very good games, they get trashed regularly by those that do t play it.

2K went through the same experience with MLB2K. Like Live, it was more fun play, but a series of bug ridden releases turned it into a punching bag for Show fans. Even though by 2K12 it was a really good game, it became clear it would never win mindshare again.

This is exactly how we get to only one game per sport. Fans of the dominant game are not content to enjoy their game, but mock anyone that plays the other game. The rise of social media probably contributed to this. Kinda hard to build up interest in the game when their is a cottage industry of executive gamers that live to **** on games.

For a site that professes a love of sports games, the community has a long history of just crapping on games. And now we see the only games left getting just as trashed.

Seriously, sim gamers have ruined sports gaming. They have made perfect the enemy of good. A game is either great or trash.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:22 AM   #63
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

There goes part of my childhood.

Live has been garbage since 06 on xbox 360 with the exception of 10, 18, and 19.

And I'm sure it will be garbage next gen.

They should stick to what they do well, which is arcade ball, and leave the SIM ball to 2k. At this point it's embarrassing.

R.I.P NBA LIVE

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2019, 02:52 AM   #64
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Yet, I played the crap out of both 18 and 19. It only died this year for me.

EA screwed up the franchise when thy tried to reboot it as Elite. At that time, 2K took off and created My Player, which has become the most played mode in sports games. Throw in the heavy, heavy anti EA bias gamers have, and it was impossible to expect EA to win mindshare. While 18 and 19 were very good games, they get trashed regularly by those that do t play it.

2K went through the same experience with MLB2K. Like Live, it was more fun play, but a series of bug ridden releases turned it into a punching bag for Show fans. Even though by 2K12 it was a really good game, it became clear it would never win mindshare again.

This is exactly how we get to only one game per sport. Fans of the dominant game are not content to enjoy their game, but mock anyone that plays the other game. The rise of social media probably contributed to this. Kinda hard to build up interest in the game when their is a cottage industry of executive gamers that live to **** on games.

For a site that professes a love of sports games, the community has a long history of just crapping on games. And now we see the only games left getting just as trashed.

Seriously, sim gamers have ruined sports gaming. They have made perfect the enemy of good. A game is either great or trash.
nope cant cosign this. SIMULATION gamers asked for nba focus and the focus has been on getting kids and casuals to buy 2k due to them wasting money on microtransactions. Live ignored the nba side for the past 2 games and focused on created player fantasy modes. Live has never been a simulation its been a mix of arcade and realisim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »