Home

***Official Detroit Pistons Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Detroit Pistons Thread*** within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2019, 01:10 AM   #1529
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: ***Official Detroit Pistons Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
I like the Leuer for Snell and the 30th pick for the Pistons. Leuer couldn't stay healthy, Snell can shoot and the Pistons essentially bought the 30th pick taking back salary.

The Pistons should shop Drummond this offseason. It seems that many teams are desperate to add all-star level players, and the Pistons should take advantage if possible. If nothing materializes, then the Pistons can attempt to resign him.
I think shopping him while half the league is in free agency will be difficult.

I love that Snell trade, we gave away a bottom of the bench guy for a potential starter and a first, that's kinda crazy to think about.

But anyway, regarding the draft, I like getting the French Freak, and also liked moving the 30th pick for $5M and four more 2nd rounders that SVG gave away during his time.

Thought it was a pretty decent week for the stones
Old 07-05-2019, 06:36 PM   #1530
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Pistons have done a decent job of adding depth. Rose, Markeiff Morris and Frazier along with Snell from earlier are all solid additions. Like many teams, all the deals are 1 or 2 year deals, as they're all looking ahead to 2021 free agency.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:58 AM   #1531
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

Quote:
Pistons have done a decent job of adding depth. Rose, Markeiff Morris and Frazier along with Snell from earlier are all solid additions. Like many teams, all the deals are 1 or 2 year deals, as they're all looking ahead to 2021 free agency.
it's weird though because we keep adding vets like we're contenders

maybe we are

it doesn't feel like it but who the hell knows

also seems like we'll have a 50 man roster

kinda bummed this means there won't be room for youth development which I thought was D Casey's specialty, but if we're all in for right now I understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #1532
All Star

rdnk's Arena

I don't see any issues with adding veterans to round out the roster as long as it doesn't involve moving future assets. It is just salary and it will be off the books before the free agency bonanza of 2021. Plus in the case of Snell, the Pistons gained future assets.

I imagine that everyone here would likely be opposed to trading for Westbrook except under very favorable circumstances. However, if the Heat trade for him, do you think that swapping out Reggie for Dragic in a 3-way deal would be an upgrade Detroit should pursue?
Old 07-13-2019, 02:03 AM   #1533
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

Quote:
I don't see any issues with adding veterans to round out the roster as long as it doesn't involve moving future assets. It is just salary and it will be off the books before the free agency bonanza of 2021. Plus in the case of Snell, the Pistons gained future assets.

I imagine that everyone here would likely be opposed to trading for Westbrook except under very favorable circumstances. However, if the Heat trade for him, do you think that swapping out Reggie for Dragic in a 3-way deal would be an upgrade Detroit should pursue?
Reggie for Dragic would definitely be an upgrade. The question now is, should we try for CP3? Has he really regressed or does it just seem that way because of Harden's usage rate? Maybe he'll get bought out and we won't have to deal with salary implications, although in that spot idunno why he'd come here unless he really wants to reunite with Blake

Detroit Lob City!

edit: forgot to mention the point I was thinking about "load management" between CP3 and DRose, we could keep both healthy (hopefully) and be a pretty damn good team in the east

Last edited by l3ulvl; 07-13-2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #1534
All Star

rdnk's Arena

I guess I would have two questions on CP3:
1. Is Blake down with teaming with CP3 again?
2. Is OKC giving up assets to move the CP3 contract?

If yes to both, then Detroit should pursue. Maybe even if Detroit was just taking back salary.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #1535
All Star

OVR: 13

I would not have been opposed to trading for Westbrook. It doesn't make a ton of sense long-term, but since we don't appear to be tanking and the payroll is bloated as hell anyway, might was well make things interesting. Especially since I think the NBA landscape has significantly changed now that the Warriors regime is over, things have never looked more wide-open. If the Raptors could win the title, maybe the Pistons with Westbrook-Griffin-Drummond might be a serious Eastern Conference contender. Who knows? It would have been worth a flyer, and if nothing else, even if it didn't work it would have been interesting.

CP3 I like a lot as a player, but he's older and oft-injured, so I can't see him being much use at that price at this particular point in time. I think he'd be a great fit and obviously he and Blake play well together, but hard to imagine we have any assets worthwhile enough to get him in trade and he'd be out half the season (while Blake was out the other half) anyway.

Whatever they do, at least the league is looking somewhat interesting again for the first time in a decade or more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 12:52 AM   #1536
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

OVR: 0

If we could package Reggie and they'd want him, that'd be a not so bad deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »