Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #825
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27713326
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 03:07 PM   #826
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I will remain consistent with how I have felt since December...**** em.

Now let’s move on and be happy we got our team back.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:33 PM   #827
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ension-celtics

A little surprised at the amount of money we decided to give Brown. I thought it would be more in the $72-$80 million range for 4 years. I thought I read on another website the guaranteed money is like $60 million.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 11-05-2019, 03:19 AM   #828
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

I think this 2019-20 Celtics team is going to be better than expected. We have plenty of scoring for sure. We are lacking in the frontcourt a little though. Kanter & Williams haven't showed much yet. Kanter has been hurt though since after the 1st game of the season. Theis has played well in their absence.

Grant Williams is starting to get more & more minutes too. He's slowly picking up the offense & giving us solid D in the pick & roles. Kemba & Tatum have been our top go to guys early on. I don't expect that to change but Hayward seems to be back to 100% health now & has his all around game back.

Jaylen Brown has played well off & on through the 1st few games. Smart has been his usual disruptive self on defense & had one big game recently against the Bucks shooting the ball from deep. I originally picked this Celtics team no better than 3rd in the East.

I said 4th-5th would be more likely. Now I think we have a legit chance @ #2 in the East with an outside shot for #1 but the Bucks seem to be top dogs even though we beat them already this season. I think we could battle the 76ers for 2nd in the East if we can keep everyone healthy.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 11-05-2019, 04:09 AM   #829
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

they are a bit more top heavy than I thought they would be which is fine because everyone who is shooting should be shooting. Tatum has been so amazing. His shot profile has been excellent and I really don't think people know how good a defender he is. I think Grant Williams should be their closing big. They really miss Jaylen though. hopefully he is back soon. Kemba's ability to grift and go to the Line a bunch is a trait this team sorely lacked. at least this start has shown this team is going to be fun and they aren't going to quit. and after last year that's all I want.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:55 PM   #830
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

My early observations thus far in the season:

This Celtics team is pretty darn good. Getting Kemba was a great decision. He plays so much smarter than Kyrie. He can be both a go to guy as well as the assists man to get a big basket if needed. Kemba is making both Tatum & Brown better players. Hayward has seemed to regain his form & health back from before he broke his leg.

Another observation is that the Eastern Conference looks to be wide open except for the Bucks. The Bucks look to be a team out of the rest of the East league. Good thing is we beat them earlier this season.

I don't know about beating them in a 7 game series though. The 76ers haven't faired as well as expected through ~25 games of the season. Toronto is better than expected after Kawhi left for the LA Clippers.

I think we have a solid chance to finish 2nd in the East. I see us finishing no worse than 4th for sure. I would be shocked if we were to finish below the 4th seed but I'm seeing this team as the #2 or #3 seed coming out of the East. We have quite a few weapons on this team.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 12-22-2019, 09:49 PM   #831
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing out of this 2019-20 Celtics team (now 20-7). Tatum's game is really flourishing with Kemba @ PG. Jaylen Brown along with Tatum are playing up to their draft status from a few years ago. Kemba is the perfect fit for this offense. It's like Kyrie was never even a Celtic.

Grant Williams is starting to come around on offense. He started the season out not being used on offense but the last 3-4 games Stevens has played him more & looking for more & more offense out of him. Theis just plays his role perfectly. Not trying to do too much while playing solid defense & rebounding. Taking the shots that he's supposed to take & not forcing anything.

This team is playing well even without Hayward the past 5-6 games. Wait until he comes back again. Hayward was playing well before being out. Hopefully when he returns his game will pick up where it left off.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #832
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm really, really pleased with how the team has played so far. Being 20-7 without our top 6 guys hardly ever all playing at the same time is amazing.

What can I say about Kemba other than he is the man! I didn't think it was possible for us to get him in the offseason but man am I glad that worked out. Same with Smart... he's the man and I need him back on the court ASAP. If he needs one of my eyes, he can have one of my eyes

"The Jay's" are thriving and it's awesome to see. I'm not going to say that last year was a toxic environment for them but I will say they were in a ball-stopping/ball-hogging offense and they needed those guys (Kyrie, Rozier, and Morris) in order for their games to make it to the next level. Kemba joining them is the best thing that could have happened to them.

Hayward was arguably our best player (at least most consistent) during the first nine games so if he can come back and continue playing like that, then this team is going to be really good.

Some fans are calling for an upgrade at Center but I actually like our "three-headed center monster". Each of them has their own strengths and weaknesses with Theis being the most solid all-around. However, we'll need Kanter against Philly/Embiid. I feel like Rob can be our Clint Capela (with better passing skills) and I think he'll get there sooner rather than later.

The role players have been hit or miss. Wanamaker has really surprised. He may be out best bench player righ now (depending on if you consider Smart a bench player) but has had a few so-so games, as well. Olejeye is what he is at this point. He's a really good matchup defender who will be needed against guys like Giannis and Simmons. I'd love to see him progress into something more but that's all he is right now and he fills a need for us so...

I was really high on all of the Carsen and Grant at the beginning of the year and by late-November I thought both could really use some time in G-League; mostly due to gaining confidence. I think Grant is finally coming around and Carsen will too. Romeo has looked promising in his little bit of NBA time. I really like his touch around the rim, I just need him to stay healthy. Then of course, Tacko and Tremont are both lighting up G-League and have looked solid in their small NBA sample size.

I have to say for the first time in a few years this team is really, really fun and I'm asking for NO TRADES. Center is a bit of an overrated position these days and maybe if someone like Myles Turner becomes available, then I might could be swayed.... I just not sure if the upgrade will be worth what we would have to give up so that's what I'm saying stick with our young guys and let them develop.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »