Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #345
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Cancel the Summer League.
Ha! We still have Nader that will play in it though.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #346
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Ha! We still have Nader that will play in it though.
Nader, Zizic, Brown, maybe Fultz and whatever 2nd rounders we may take.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #347
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Nader, Zizic, Brown, maybe Fultz and whatever 2nd rounders we may take.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
I say all or most of those player will be playing in the D-league come 2017-18 season. All except for possibly Fultz. I think he might be NBA ready of all of the ones mentioned except for Brown which was already NBA ready.

Depending on what we do with the roster that is. Nader has a chance at making the 15-man roster & so does Zicic but that will all depend on if we make any trades or sign one or two star/superstar FA's. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 05-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #348
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
I say all or most of those player will be playing in the D-league come 2017-18 season. All except for possibly Fultz. I think he might be NBA ready of all of the ones mentioned except for Brown which was already NBA ready.

Depending on what we do with the roster that is. Nader has a chance at making the 15-man roster & so does Zicic but that will all depend on if we make any trades or sign one or two star/superstar FA's. Thanks.
Everything is contingent on a trade, but as it stands now I think Zizic has a great chance at making the NBA since Amir and Zeller could be gone. Also, don't forget that the new CBA starts next year and with it comes "two-way contracts" which essentially means two extra roster spots. I think Nader and Yabusele would be perfect fits for those roles.

The late 2nd, if we keep them, will certainly be in the D-League or overseas, but either way, it's always fun to watch the new additons compete in Summer league.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-24-2017, 06:17 PM   #349
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

The hits just keep on coming: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ble-hip-injury
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 05-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #350
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Potential No. 1 overall pick Markelle Fultz told ESPN he has had multiple conversations with Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge since the draft combine earlier this month and is hopeful of being selected first in the June 22 NBA draft.

"I've talked to Danny a few times, and they want to get me to come out there for a visit," Fultz told ESPN on Tuesday. "They just want to get a chance to know me better as a person."

"I want to be the No. 1 pick really bad," Fultz added. "It's been a dream of mine since I was a little kid, and I feel like I would fit well in Boston."

Fultz said he has yet to firm up a day when he will visit the Celtics, and likely work out for management and coaches. He did meet with Boston and a few other teams earlier this month while in Chicago before the draft combine.

The 6-foot-4, 195-pound Washington, D.C., native averaged 23.2 points, 5.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game as a freshman at Washington this season while shooting 41 percent from beyond the arc. Multiple sources told ESPN that Fultz is the frontrunner to be selected first overall.

Fultz said he has never been to Boston, but has watched the Celtics closely through the postseason run which ended last week in the Eastern Conference finals.

"I don't know a ton about the city," Fultz said. "I know the tradition the franchise has, and that the fans are crazy."

Fultz has developed a relationship with Celtics star guard Isaiah Thomas, who also attended the University of Washington. He said the pair met on his recruiting visits and have stayed in touch since. Thomas is coming off a career season and has one year left on his contract.

"We can both play on or off the ball," Fultz said. "We can both score and also pass. I think we'd be great together. When we've talked since the lottery, we haven't really talked about basketball much. He's been through a lot lately."

Fultz is aware that he is somewhat of an unknown heading into the draft because he played for a Washington team that won just nine games this past season.

"I'm a versatile point guard who is unselfish, and can score at all three levels," he said. "I can rebound, block shots, push the ball, basically anything you need from a guard. Off the court, I'm humble.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...boston-celtics
Old 05-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #351
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Fultz has to be as our #1 pick. If we're going to trade him or another pick(s) away it better be for a top notch player. Fultz has a chance to become a superstar type player so we must make the right decision & I think that's draft him with our #1 pick & if we want to trade then trade away some of our other picks. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 01:22 PM   #352
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Fultz has to be as our #1 pick. If we're going to trade him or another pick(s) away it better be for a top notch player. Fultz has a chance to become a superstar type player so we must make the right decision & I think that's draft him with our #1 pick & if we want to trade then trade away some of our other picks. Thanks.
Would take a Anthony Davis or Karl-Anthony Towns type for the C's to trade away the #1 pick. And we all know the likelihood of one of those guys becoming available on draft night are slim at best.

I can only trust what has been said and written about Markelle Fultz. He seems to be the consensus #1 overall pick be a large margin. Won't pretend to know anything about the kid from personal experience. I don't want college hoops outside the NCAA Tournament and PC Friars games.

All that I can is hope he turns out not to be a massive bust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »