Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #361
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Reports are surfacing that we're going to take Tatum at #3 now. I'm sorry but no way I would trade the #1 pick of the draft for drafting Tatum. I'm sure it's based on potential & he's a bigger guy compared to drafting Fultz as a guard. I just don't understand this reasoning though.

Not liking this at all. We fought for the past few years to have chances at getting #1 picks. We get them & seem to make what I think is a stupid decision like this for a divisional rivalry & lose out on Fultz who I think one day will be a regular All-Star.

We do have more picks than anybody overall just like last season but we just wasted a chance on the #1 pick for what I personally believe is a player that's 90%+ going to be a star in this league. We even seen the guy workout twice for us. Now, Tatum worked out for us yesterday. We must now make big noise on the FA/trading block to give ourselves a chance to get above Cleveland in the East. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #362
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I want Ainge to select Jonathan Isaac on draft night.

Last edited by areobee401; 06-19-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #363
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Reports now are saying it's down to either Tatum or Jackson to draft at #3. I would prefer Jackson because he's more polished than Tatum. I still am aggravated at this trade. I would much rather have Fultz than either Tatum or Jackson but for some reason Ainge is a draft pick stasher for future drafts.

We could use a really good big man but Tatum is not that answer. Jackson will be a hybrid SG/SF player. Unless we address a big man via FA or trade then we have to go with what we have. Horford would be our only big man threat if this happens to be the case.

I still think we will go after Hayward pretty hard. Butler seems to be going elsewhere. PG13 the same in a possible 3-team trade. Maybe we will be that 3rd team. By the way, reports are also coming out that the Knicks are interested in trading Porzingis. I would get in on him in a heartbeat if I were Ainge. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #364
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Ownership stated several times throughout and after the season the goal is to draft a player and sign a max contract free agent. Unless anything changes it looks like a combination of Drafting Jackson, Tatum or Isaac and signing either Griffin or Hayward is what we are looking at.

If I had it my way I'd like to see them take Tatum or Isaac and sign Griffin (and pray he remains healthy).
Old 06-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #365
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Ownership stated several times throughout and after the season the goal is to draft a player and sign a max contract free agent. Unless anything changes it looks like a combination of Drafting Jackson, Tatum or Isaac and signing either Griffin or Hayward is what we are looking at.

If I had it my way I'd like to see them take Tatum or Isaac and sign Griffin (and pray he remains healthy).
I personally am not with you on drafting Tatum. Yes, he's a big guy & he's very young with some potential but I don't ever see him developing into an All-Star type player.

I was all on Fultz being this though & Ainge gave that away. I am sort of with you on getting Blake Griffin if we can't get Hayward or PG13. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #366
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Three hours until draft time, boys. Lots of rumors surrounding the Celtics out there. Remember to eat and stay hydrated.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #367
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Three hours until draft time, boys. Lots of rumors surrounding the Celtics out there. Remember to eat and stay hydrated.
Seems like we tried to get Porzingis today from the Knicks but they were asking for way too much in return. So, now it seems the #3 pick we're going to keep & it's down to Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 06-22-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:51 PM   #368
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Good night for us. Finally free of any Jimmy Butler trade talks. Just have to hope Jayson Tatum isn't the next ain't **** Duke lottery pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »