Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #481
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
THIS GUY:

I think he will continue starting and being first on Simmons but then it's just going to be the next man up with Smart, Morris, Tatum and Brown (if he plays) all getting their cracks at him.

I don't think that Simmons is as good as Giannis (outside of his passing) but the team around him is much, much better, especially the shooters and obviously the big guy. Although, Middleton was a tough matchup for Boston's guards so at least they don't have to deal with him anymore. I'm still super upset that the C's didn't go after Belinelli. In my opinion, getting him and İlyasova was the turning point for them and they were the best mid-season pickups of any of the playoff teams (with Mirotić right there too).

We're going to need all hands on deck for this one. Horford really needs to shoot the bad 15-20 times. Both him and Tatum need to be more aggressive. Terry needs to keep playing well and we need the late season Marcus Morris back. Of course, the "wild card" Marcus Smart is going to make some plays on D but he needs to be a little less turnover prone too. It would be nice if Greg Monroe could do something every now and then as well. But mostly these long cold streaks with the offense have to be fewer and further between. That's the key, in my opinion.

My heart wants to say C's in 7 but my head is telling my Philly in 5 or 6. Philly is just so deep that it's going to be tough for this injury ridden squad to beat them four times.... Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Excellent post & I agree 100% with your comments. GO CELTICS!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #482
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

What a solidly played game #1 by our Celtics. Rozier & Tatum were just simply amazing. Baynes even got in a couple of big 3's. We better be ready for a bombard coming up in game #2 on Thursday.

The 76ers will be coming out for blood next game. I still like our chances at taking the first 2 games at home now. I admit though I really thought we had a good possibility of losing game #1. GO MEAN GREEN!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 05-03-2018, 11:37 PM   #483
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

What a comeback by our Celtics tonight. They just keep showing their resiliency. 6 players in double figure points & Brown even though obviously still bothered by the hamstring injury gave us 13 big points off the bench. I believe now we're destined to face the Cavs again in the East Finals. LeBron has solely won the 1st 2 games of the Toronto series on the road.

I do not see the Raptors making a comeback. The 76ers have a better chance at coming back against our C's than the Raptors do against Cleveland. If we can go to Philly & just win one game of the two then I think most certainly the series is ours. GO CELTICS!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 05-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #484
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

What a game today by our Celtics. I really thought the 76ers would come ready for blood & beat us pretty good back the first game in Philly. This team without so many key players is just amazing me. We just don't quit regardless of the game situation.

Brad Stevens has been an excellent hire by Ainge & management. He really knows how to coach. The 76ers are done. They might win the next game to keep from being swept but they are done. Looks like it's going to come down to us vs the Cavs again for the Eastern Conference Championship. GO MEAN GREEN!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 05-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #485
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...on-celtics-nba

Let's finish this series off tonight guys! GO CELTICS!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 10:42 PM   #486
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

We were really flat tonight from the opening tip. I really thought we would come out for the kill tonight to go ahead & put this series away in 4 straight. 76ers played better than us tonight & their spark plug was McConnell. Starting him instead of Covington I originally questioned but it was the right move. McConnell also done a really good job guarding Rozier.

Horford was quiet tonight & I figured that he would be the one that came out aggressive for us tonight with his playoff experience. Tatum was really the only aggressive player for us tonight. Rozier wasn't aggressive. Brown wasn't aggressive but in fairness to him his hamstring pull isn't allowing him to be too aggressive.

We did a nice job tonight in guarding Embiid with both Baynes & Horford but it was McConnell, Saric, & Bellineli that provided most of the damage along with a better game out of Simmons.

I think everybody on the Celtics will show up & be ready for game #5 back at home. I expect us to put away the series next game but I do expect a dog fight though from the 76ers. I would be surprised if we blew them out unless the 76ers get off to a really bad start.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 05-07-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:06 PM   #487
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...adelphia-76ers
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 05-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #488
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

When the series went to Philly, all I wanted was to take one game and that's what they got. I'd call that a success as long as they can take Game 5. I wouldn't want them traveling back to Philly, especially knowing that Cleveland has their feet up right now.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »