Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #585
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

I got this bad boy in today. 20181022_122814.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2018, 03:16 AM   #586
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, we gave the Pistons their 1st loss on the season tonight in good style & fashion. Beating up on them in Detroit by a score of 109-89. A lot of bench players got extended minutes tonight. Jaylen Brown lead the way in scoring with 19 points. Hayward had 15 points & 5 rebounds. Those were the only 2 starters in double figures.

Off the bench, Morris had 18 points & 8 rebounds in 25 minutes. Theis had his best game on the young season thus far with 17 points & 8 rebounds in 19 minutes. Rozier added 14 points & 8 rebounds & a thunderous dunk to boot in 27 minutes. Smart had 5 points, 9 assists, & 4 rebounds in 23 minutes. GO MEAN GREEN! http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401070755

We play these same Pistons @ home on Tuesday night. Why does the NBA schedule games this way? They really need to fix this issue of playing the same team in back-to-back games. It's just not necessary! They did fix the issue of having too many back-to-back game nights but they still didn't fix this issue of playing the same team in consecutive games.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 11-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #587
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

This team is really weird, man. I don't think they've played a complete game yet. I can't quite put my finger on why they're struggling so bad. I guess I would start with missed shots, and bad shot section at times when the offense goes stagnate.

Kyrie has been great since the haircut and is really keeping us in games. Marcus Morris has been really good. He's probably been the 2nd or 3rd best player in most of the games they they've won. He needs to really keep it up to keep them afloat while everyone else is figuring it out.

Hayward still looks rusty but you have to think (or at least hope) he eventually turns it around. Horford is being a little too passive, imo and needs to be more involved. Rozier can't get it going due to being a bench guy now. I feel like the young guys (Tatum, Brown) just aren't used to playing with great players or something...It's like each of them are relying on Kyrie to be "the man" when really they should all have the mentality that they're "the man". Hopefully, they figure it out soon.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #588
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Official Boston Celtics Thread

I have slowly begun treading into rooting against this team territory. That’s how much watching them play pisses me off right now. A part of me was like “you deserve to lose, don’t complete the comeback” while watching last night.

There is nothing fun about watching them at all.

I know, bad fan or whatever, but they make me that angry.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #589
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I have slowly begun treading into rooting against this team territory. That’s how much watching them play pisses me off right now. A part of me was like “you deserve to lose, don’t complete the comeback” while watching last night.

There is nothing fun about watching them at all.

I know, bad fan or whatever, but they make me that angry.

Each player has kind of taken turns infuriating me but I haven't gotten to point of hating them. I usually DVR the games and watch them about an hour or two late but there's been a couple of games that I've gotten frustrated and fast-forwarded through large portions of the game

Like I said earlier, I can't put my finger on why they're doing what they're doing, well other than open missing shots. I think the pressure from limited minutes may be why. I believe trying to prove their worth with the the minutes they they're pressing. Tatum, Brown and Rozier aren't playing with the spark that they had last year at the end of the year. I mean, you might see it in spurts but it's not there like I though it would be. I don't know... I just want Brad and/or Danny to figure it out. This team is too talented to be losing to Orlando and almost losing to Phoenix.

I think I would look at starting Baynes tonight and let Brown or Tatum come of the bench. It just seems like Hayward, Brown and Tatum on the court at the same time doesn't work that well together. Hayward is a better passer/playmaker and Brown is better defensively so I think Tatum heading up the second unit may wake him up a little more. At least do something to shake things up.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #590
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This team is really weird, man. I don't think they've played a complete game yet. I can't quite put my finger on why they're struggling so bad. I guess I would start with missed shots, and bad shot section at times when the offense goes stagnate.

Kyrie has been great since the haircut and is really keeping us in games. Marcus Morris has been really good. He's probably been the 2nd or 3rd best player in most of the games they they've won. He needs to really keep it up to keep them afloat while everyone else is figuring it out.

Hayward still looks rusty but you have to think (or at least hope) he eventually turns it around. Horford is being a little too passive, imo and needs to be more involved. Rozier can't get it going due to being a bench guy now. I feel like the young guys (Tatum, Brown) just aren't used to playing with great players or something...It's like each of them are relying on Kyrie to be "the man" when really they should all have the mentality that they're "the man". Hopefully, they figure it out soon.
Excellent post Jeremy. I agree 100% with what you posted above & your view on the teams issues. Great post & spot on! We have got to pick it up. No way we should have won that game last night but Kyrie rescued us again. You are totally right that Kyrie & Morris are really the only 2 players that are playing well here through the first 11 games of the season.

Kyrie was even struggling the first few games until like you said he cut that hair. The Raptors & even though we beat the Bucks a few games ago are 2 teams that are definitely better than us in the Eastern Conference right now.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 11-11-2018, 01:16 AM   #591
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Well, Portland is up next so I guess we're going to be 7-6 after tomorrow night. We haven't played well on Western Conference road trips at all in recent years & it just continues. Wonder if Kyrie will play tomorrow night vs Portland? That will be our only chance at beating Lilliard & company on their home court. Dame & McCollum are one heck of a starting backcourt.

We are just not jelling together at all. Hayward still isn't 100% but he is at least providing some offense. Tatum has been really off his game but he did play well in the loss to Utah. Horford is being way too passive & he's not rebounding like he should for a big man his size. Morris has been great so far. Brown has been spotty.

Rozier got the start against Utah because Kyrie was out & he looked like a totally different player. I think Baynes deserves a few more minutes per game right now. He's only playing 14-16 minutes a game. I say give him 20+ minutes because when he's in there he always provides something positive. Theis can't stay healthy at all. Smart has been pretty much his usual self with the non-stat plays with hustle & solid defense but he's had a couple of decent offensive games as well.

We just need more from 2-3 players besides just Kyrie & Morris. I think it has to come from Tatum, Horford, & Brown with Rozier hopefully picking it up offensively after having a solid night last game out all be it in a starting role. We get the starting 5 going & wait until Hayward is 100% then I think we're going to go on a tear. If not, then we're going to continue to struggle with maintaining any winning streaks. This team just has too much talent for it not to happen though in my opinion.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #592
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Well, just as figured we lost @ Portland last night. I'm really starting to get concerned with this team. Something just isn't right. We are easily 10 deep but we just aren't playing well together. Our defense which shouldn't be a problem has even been bad recently. It's obvious too that Rozier just can't get going in a coming off the bench role. Kyrie really is our only guy that's being consistent each game. Morris would be the next most consistent.

After those 2, nobody is playing with hardly any type of fire or want to. Tatum's driving to the basket is down like 35% from last season. He's pulling up for more short jump shots. Therefore, he's not getting as many easy baskets and/or getting fouled. Horford seems to have turned into a 3-pt. shooter like 50% of the time. We need him to score more down low & he's only averaging 5.5 rebounds per game.

He should be up around 9-10 rebounds per game with his height & athletic ability. Brown will have 1 solid game & then 2 bad/not so good games. No consistency coming from hit at all. Brown has the worst Player Efficiency Rating(PER) of all the guys in our rotation @ 7.3. Hayward is still trying to get his game back to 100%. He's obviously not there. He's shooting under 40% overall from the field & 32% from 3-pt. range.

We have to get more out of Ojeleye on offense even though we use him mainly as a defensive stopper. Ojeleye can shoot the ball from deep so he should get a few more looks & also a few more minutes per game as well. I don't know how much longer Theis is going to be out but he's a hustler & kind of fits the mold that Jerebko played for us during his time as a Celtic. We have got to get things going though & I trust in Brad Stevens 100%.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 11-14-2018 at 02:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »