Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #721
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
late on this but i really loved what the Celtics did in the draft. I love love love the Grant Williams Pick and really liked the Carsen Edwards pick.

I'm okay with a Vuc signing. He's pretty good. His defensive numbers were surprisingly really good. but how much of that is a contract year.

the one guy I want the most is Brogdon. I dunno if I'd go max but to me he's the most underrated FA on the market. 15/5/5 on 40/50/90 sign me up.

just please do not under any circumstances bring Rozier back. take miracle playoff stats when Kyrie was injured out of your mind he is not a starting quality player. He just isn't.

I've been thinking about this all weekend and I agreed with you on Brogdon. I think he's the best fit of the three main FA PG's. He's an excellent shooter, he's play under control, he wouldn't be as ball dominate as Kemba or D-Lo, he's very solid on defense and at 6'5 teams wouldn't be able to "pick" on him as much as they would the other guys.

He should be way cheaper than Kemba and at least a few million cheaper than D-Lo, as well. So theoretically signing him should give us the the extra cap space to fill out biggest need - a starting center. Best of all, his signing elsewhere would weaken one of our biggest competitors in the East because the Bucks would have trouble replacing him, especially if they re-sign Middleton.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #722
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

The newest Celtics! I'm ready for Summer League already.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #723
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

What makes anyone think D'Angelo Russell would want to play for the Celtics in the first place?
Old 06-24-2019, 11:35 AM   #724
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Official Boston Celtics Thread

I’m all in for Malcolm Brogdon. I think he would be perfect for this team and would give us a tremendous defensive back court with Marcus Smart. Also having one of Smart or Brogdon on the floor with Carsen Edwards frees the rookie up to focus on shooting/scoring rather than distributing or running the offense.

John Caralis has a good big man option we could pursue: Atlanta’s Dewayne Dedmon. He rebounds, defends and shoots the three. Sure he’s not a super sexy option but he’s cost efficient and still allows us to grab a max RFA guy like Brogdon. Not sure what we would need to give Atlanta in a real for him but would be something I wouldn’t hate to explore.

——

Edit - just notice Dedmon is a free agent. Even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by R1zzo23; 06-24-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:53 PM   #725
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

The Celtics "insider" on RealGM is saying that we're going all in on Kemba. He also said to expect Yabu to be cut. We will see if he's legit or not in about a week.

Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #726
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
The Celtics "insider" on RealGM is saying that we're going all in on Kemba. He also said to expect Yabu to be cut. We will see if he's legit or not in about a week.

Spoiler
Marc Stein also saying they are a stealth competitor for Kemba. I'm game. I'd love it. didn't think he was an option.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:46 PM   #727
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Spoiler
I thought we would go all in for one of 3 FA PG's. I didn't know which one though. The 3 in my mind & I have already talked about them are Rubio, Kemba, & Collison. No doubt Kemba is the absolute best overall option of the 3. He has the complete offensive game.

Rubio is just a great passer, decent rebounder, & defender. Not a decent shooter at all even though he's improved since coming to the NBA. I think Kemba would be a pretty solid fir for this Celtics squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Marc Stein also saying they are a stealth competitor for Kemba. I'm game. I'd love it. didn't think he was an option.
Oh yeah, Kemba was & has been an option but maybe people didn't think as much so because he stated he would take less money to come back to Charlotte. That still might be the case too. Maybe he ends up wanting to stay in Charlotte but why not weigh your options & see what money you can get?

We can offer him the max but he would actually get more in a max deal from Charlotte. The problem with Charlotte is they haven't indicated at all they are interested in signing Kemba to a max contract. They are wanting to bring in multiple assets & not go all in on 1 player. I posted about 2 weeks ago I thought Kemba had a 75% chance of returning to Charlotte. I'm now bringing that % back down to possibly under 50%.

Marcus Smart speaks on the state of the Celtics franchise: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...tate-franchise
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 06-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #728
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Yeah, lets sign a 30-year old undersized point guard to a max contract. Stupid idea.

Prototypical panic move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »