Home

Official Boston Celtics Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Celtics Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #777
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Celtics not done dealing yet, per Steve Bulpett

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/07/01/good-bet-celtics-arent-done-making-changes/

What the means, I don’t know. Steve is generally pretty well connected when it comes to the Celtics. Guess we will wait and see what, if anything happens.

Interesting.... yes, Bulpett is known as Danny's "mouthpiece" so I do put a lot of stock in what he has to say. I did see where Boston could potentially have some more free cash depending on the order in which they do the Kemba S&T and potentially finding other trade partners to join in on that, as well. One thing to note, is that we gained nothing from doing a S&T for Kemba. We could have just signed him into cap space, whereas Charlotte couldn't sign Rozier so needed S&T. Surely Danny didn't just do that out of the goodness of his heart so I'd imagine either he has a plan or maybe at the least we get a 2nd rounder from the Hornets.

With that said, I think a mid-summer trade is more likely. Remember Danny didn't trade for Kyrie until the last week of August. Also, any of the rookies can't be traded until 30 days after they sign their contracts. If you consider that and what Bulpett says about not being done, then that means we could be in for an interesting summer.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-02-2019, 01:49 PM   #778
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...506570752?s=19

We got another big man

I've watched his highlights when rumors about him started going around a few weeks ago.

He reminds me of a taller Theis with better hands but no range.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 07-02-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:19 PM   #779
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

2:34 p.m. ET: Restricted free agent Daniel Theis has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal to stay with the Boston Celtics, CAA agents Michael Tellem and Aaron Mintz told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-02-2019, 06:13 PM   #780
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

5:40 p.m. ET: Free-agent guard Brad Wanamaker is returning to the Boston Celtics on a one-year deal, agent Steve McCaskill tells ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 07-02-2019, 08:18 PM   #781
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I’ll have to check out the Poirier highlights. That seems like an overpay for Theis but we were seemingly desperate and this allowed us to go over the cap because he was an RFA. Wanamaker was perhaps the worst PG in the league last year and I’ll be beyond pissed if he takes any minutes away from Carsen Edwards and even Tremont Waters. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an NBA guard miss more open layups than Wanamaker did last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2019, 11:38 PM   #782
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I actually like Theis. He's solid. I think he will be the big in closing lineups except against the teams like Embiid and Capela like Bigs. I dunno what they do there. This team desperately needs a Timelord jump though or it's probably going to be ugly most of the season. He has the potential with his athletic ability to be really good.

Poirier looks like a better on D Kanter. I actually thought Wanamaker looked okay in spurts when they weren't playing Rozier. so I'm really interested to see how he does in rotation like role.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #783
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I’ll have to check out the Poirier highlights. That seems like an overpay for Theis but we were seemingly desperate and this allowed us to go over the cap because he was an RFA. Wanamaker was perhaps the worst PG in the league last year and I’ll be beyond pissed if he takes any minutes away from Carsen Edwards and even Tremont Waters. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an NBA guard miss more open layups than Wanamaker did last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Statistically, (albeit in a much smaller sample size) Wanamaker was much better than Rozier in most categories. Rozier was the better defender, rebounder and didn't turn it over as much but shooting wise Wanamaker was much better around the rim and at less 3 to 10 feet as well.

Spoiler

I think Rozier leaving is going to be addition but subtraction and at least Wanamaker won't necessarily do anything to hurt us like a chunker like Rozier did. I think Smart will be the backup PG but I'd love to see one of the rookies take the 3rd PG role... maybe even backup role and Smart going to SG. Also, I would have actually loved to have seen Larkin back but I guess we were already at our max one 5'10 PG's.

I was also okay with Theis coming back. With Kanter, Poirier and RWilliams, Theis should be more of a PF than C and with his height and limitations I think he will do much better there.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 07-03-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:57 PM   #784
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Statistically, (albeit in a much smaller sample size) Wanamaker was much better than Rozier in most categories. Rozier was the better defender, rebounder and didn't turn it over as much but shooting wise Wanamaker was much better around the rim and at less 3 to 10 feet as well.

Spoiler

I think Rozier leaving is going to be addition but subtraction and at least Wanamaker won't necessarily do anything to hurt us like a chunker like Rozier did. I think Smart will be the backup PG but I'd love to see one of the rookies take the 3rd PG role... maybe even backup role and Smart going to SG. Also, I would have actually loved to have seen Larkin back but I guess we were already at our max one 5'10 PG's.

I was also okay with Theis coming back. With Kanter, Poirier and RWilliams, Theis should be more of a PF than C and with his height and limitations I think he will do much better there.
Agree with you totally on the bold above. I don't think Edwards or Waters will even be in our rotation at all @ PG. I see them as G-League players for the entire 2019-20 season unless injuries play a role. I do think Langford will see some minutes but probably not until later in the season after some practicing & grooming.

I think our PG's will be Kemba, Smart, & Wannamaker with Smart being interchangeable to play some SG. I certainly don't think Wannamaker is good enough to be our backup PG straight up. Smart has to be in that role because of his experience & just being a better decision maker.

We have Brown & like you said Smart that can play SG too. Langford would probably be our 3rd SG for next season but his minutes would be limited anyhow. He should get more playing time his sophomore campaign. He might even see some time in the G-League next season as well.

Grant Williams, in my opinion even though I'm a HUGE Vols fan & a big fan of his, will probably also be in the G-League most of next season. Especially with the signing of Kanter & resigning of Theis. I hated to see Baynes go but I think Danny is looking for more offense from our big men so he went out & got Kanter. Theis is more of an offensive threat than Baynes as well.

Edit: I actually misread the bold that I quoted above. I thought you were NOT for a rookie being our 3rd PG. I personally think neither Edwards or Waters is capable of playing PG right now. They both need to be groomed in the G-League probably for the entire 2019-20 season. That's unless injuries play a role like I said. I think we're better off grooming both of them & having our PG rotation as Kemba, Smart, & Wannamaker.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 07-03-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: misread previous post

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »