Home

Toronto Raptors

This is a discussion on Toronto Raptors within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Toronto Raptors

The Raptors only acquired Rudy Gay to package him next year for that 2014 #1 draft pick *cough* Andrew Wiggins. I have a feeling we will see Kyle Lowry and Rudy Gay moved for that pick!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #42

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...cision-coming/

Seems like even BC is getting mad at all this waiting. Don't get why it takes Raptors like a month to even decide what to do, when other teams can fire their coach and/or gm a day or two after being eliminated from the playoffs.

It takes Raptors twice as long to do something as it would any other team, which is exactly why they're in the position they're in for most of their franchises existence.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #43
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstat
The Raptors only acquired Rudy Gay to package him next year for that 2014 #1 draft pick *cough* Andrew Wiggins. I have a feeling we will see Kyle Lowry and Rudy Gay moved for that pick!!
I would be pretty open to that if we had a suitable PG replacement. I would 100% do that.

Or we could probably see Demar moved with Lowry in a package for it (which I wouldn't like as much).
Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #44

Majingir's Arena

Instead of Lowry, why not something like Gay or DeRozan + our 2014 first round pick?

Wiggins is someone Raptors really need to try and get, cause he has least amount of chance of leaving of anyone else you could think of that's played with Raptors.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #45
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Instead of Lowry, why not something like Gay or DeRozan + our 2014 first round pick?

Wiggins is someone Raptors really need to try and get, cause he has least amount of chance of leaving of anyone else you could think of that's played with Raptors.
I was assuming our pick would be in the late lottery/teens and it wouldn't be enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #46

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
I was assuming our pick would be in the late lottery/teens and it wouldn't be enough.
It'd be worth a shot. Seeing how Lowry was traded for what ended up being a 12th overall pick(unless things change at the draft lottery), so instead of him, maybe whoever gets 1st pick would rather our pick instead of Lowry to go along with the players we give them.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #47
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
It'd be worth a shot. Seeing how Lowry was traded for what ended up being a 12th overall pick(unless things change at the draft lottery), so instead of him, maybe whoever gets 1st pick would rather our pick instead of Lowry to go along with the players we give them.
A lot of things can change in a trade like this. Lowry's performance could easily go two very different ways, our draft pick could be higher or lower, etc.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #48

Majingir's Arena

If there was ever a time for Raptors to want to improve, now would be THE time.

Division wise, Knicks and Nets will still be better, but Celtics are aging(and looks like Pierce is done and KG might be too) and Raptors already same level as 76ers, and with 8th in the east being BELOW .500, a playoff contending team in the east could very easily finish 7th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »