Home

The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier

This is a discussion on The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier

Did I hear we signed Chris Douglas-Roberts? Or was that just a training camp signing?

Check my YouTube videos @ YouTube.com/sleepynate718
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

New MSG scoreboard looks nice
Old 10-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

MSG will air the live training camp show next Tuesday at 11am.

Grantland's quick season preview...

Quote:
New York Knicks

What a wacky bunch. New York is everyone's choice for the East's no. 5 spot, and though it didn't have the starry offseason of its crosstown rivals, New York managed some very nice moves despite lacking any financial flexibility. Nabbing Metta World Peace and Beno Udrih on the minimum is a smart way to leverage big-city appeal, and each provides Mike Woodson with flexible lineup options the 3-happy Knicks used to baffle opponents last season. Heck, I'm even on record as bullish about the potential — on offense — of a Carmelo Anthony–Andrea Bargnani–Tyson Chandler trio, which would mimic the effect of small-ball groups that unleashed Anthony's scoring and post passing last season. World Peace and Iman Shumpert could be an interesting defensive wing pairing in smaller lineups, though World Peace is declining.

But there's no road map from last year's below-average defense to the sort of unit any legit contender needs. It's nice to have Kenyon Martin behind Chandler, but Martin's 36 with a long injury history, and there are just too many defensive minuses here — too many guards who get smashed on picks, too few weakside rim protectors for when teams put Chandler into the pick-and-roll. If there's a team in the East's top five with a scary downside, this is it — and that's before we contemplate the future, and whatever is left of Amar'e Stoudemire.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #12
Rookie

JayEmCee's Arena

OVR: 0

Here we go!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Shump 7-7 18 points, picked up right where he left off from the playoffs. I really hope Woody's talk about starting JR is just lip service.

Nice debut for Hardaway Jr. too.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #14
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Shump 7-7 18 points, picked up right where he left off from the playoffs. I really hope Woody's talk about starting JR is just lip service.

Nice debut for Hardaway Jr. too.
Shump is determined to keep his starting role, i love it, keep it up. JR is a bum until he makes up for last years playoffs.
THJ got that silky jumper; 2k14 wasn't lying. Artest also looked good, if we can get good offensive production from him it'll be huge.

I really like how Melo and Bargnani are trying to play well together. I think Melo respects Barg and vice versa. This is good news for team chemistry imo.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Whats up fellow #Knickstape fans!

Just wondering what everyone here prefers the 15-man roster to be with the 12 man rotation.

PG's: Ray/Pablo/Udrih/Murry
SG's: Shump/JR/THJ
SF's: Melo/MWP
PF's:Amare/Bargs/CJ/Kenyon
C's:Tyson/Tyler

STARTING

Raymond Felton
Iman Shumpert
Carmelo Anthony
Andrea Bargnani
Tyson Chandler

BENCH (in order)

JR Smith
Amare Stoudemire
Metta World Peace
Tim Hardaway J.R
Kenyon Martin
Pablo Prigioni
CJ Leslie

RESERVES

Toure Murry
Beno Udrih
Jeremy Tyler

** I personally think Murry and Tyler could prove to be valuable pieces if the injury bug happens. And Murry/Leslie are interchangeable, but whichever one is not in the 12-man should be in the d-league developing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 0

Watching Shump and Tim Jr. in todays game against the Raptors was really great and it got me thinking that if we want to push for a championship then we need to get some more young talent. One of the main reasons why we fell last year was because our older guys just burned out and we couldn't compete with the fast paced offence of teams like Indiana or Chicago.

If we can sign some more young talent to run the breaks and raise the tempo, it will give us a different pace to our offence and defence as well as bringing some more energy from the bench.
As of now, our backcourt has a good mix of young and old, but we need some younger bigs to rebound and have a post game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »