Home

The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier

This is a discussion on The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier

The 2013 season was the must successful Knick season in a long, long time but still ended in disappointment in the ECSF. Camp kicks off next week so it's on to the new thread - OS' most bumping team thread each and every year.

Who's Arrived
  • Andrea Bargnani
  • Metta World Peace
  • Beno Udrih
  • Tim Hardaway Jr

Who's Gone
  • Steve Novak
  • Marcus Camby
  • Jason Kidd
  • Chris Copeland

PG: Felton/Prigioni/Udrih
SG: Shumpert/JR Smith/Hardaway JR
SF: Carmelo/World Peace
PF: Stoudemire/Martin
C: Chandler/TBD

There are a handful of guys in camp this year.
  • CJ Leslie
  • Jeremy Tyler
  • Chris Smith
  • Toure Murray
  • Cole Aldrich

Some story lines heading into the season:
  • What will Bargs give us? Can he revitalize his career or will this be another wasted 1st round pick that we gave up for nothing but earlier cap relief?
  • Will Amare stay healthy? Will he give us anything in the final year before he becomes an attractive expiring deal? He supposedly will not play in the preseason and will probably still be on a 20-minute-per-game cap.
  • JR is out with the knee and then has to serve a 5-game suspension.
  • How will the team fare in the stronger Eastern Conference this year? Derrick Rose is back to Chicago. Indy gets Granger back and picked up Scola and Copeland. The Nets got older but tougher and having Knick-killer Paul Pierce on the roster will make any Knick fan queasy.
  • Will Melo's game evolve at all and will he continue to play primarily at PF?
  • Will Shump's game jump to the next level?
  • Will we find some depth/help for Chandler?
  • How much can Hardaway contribute as a rookie?

As always I look forward to the journey us Knick fans take in this thread each year.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 10-29-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The 2014 New York Knicks: It Ain't Gettin' Easier

Thanks for starting the thread Ehh, good post. I'm excited for camp and to finally get the basketball season going, only thing is our season ended in dissappointment in the ECSF. I wish we made it to the ECF but i digress.

Great story lines heading into the season. The 4 big question marks for me are

Bargnani- what can this guy bring to the table, will he be able to rebound??????????? I personally think (and hope) he will be rejuvinated playing in NY.

Amare- I can't believe they're treating him with such kid gloves. I understand it and glad we're trying to keep him healthy but it just screams (super fragile old guy that doesn't have much left). smh. I thought he played really well in the post last year in the limited time he was out there, and i thought he was just getting into a rhythm when he got injured.

J.R.- This guy has soo much potential and talent its crazy, but he's proven to be a doofus. Who knows if he'll come back the same player or what he'll do this season. The good thing is maybe Woodson will chill out and not give the guy Lebron minutes and give Shumpert more burn.

Shumpert- Love this guy. The way he came back from injury was impressive, especially considering Rose still hasn't returned. Can he become a lockdown perimeter defender ala Avery Bradley. and will this be his breakout season. I think it will be. I like his game and his jumpshot can only get better. J.R. injury should give him more playing time.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Glen Grunwald out, Steve Mills in. Grunwald stays on as an "advisor."

Unless he chose to step down for personal reasons or whatever, this makes no sense.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Just saw the news on my phone, def a head scratcher until more details emerge, which knowing the Knicks will probably never happen.

Re-hiring a guy that was demoted four years ago and basically pushed out the door. SMH. Grunwald did a stellar job with this team during his brief stint. Can't believe Dolan once again...

Posting and Toasting has some information...

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...th-steve-mills

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Any of ya'll catch the Presser announcing the ASG for NYC in 2015? If not, Dolan took questions from the Media for the first time in 6 years:

http://nypost.com/2013/09/25/dolan-a...-in-six-years/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Just saw the news on my phone, def a head scratcher until more details emerge, which knowing the Knicks will probably never happen.

Re-hiring a guy that was demoted four years ago and basically pushed out the door. SMH. Grunwald did a stellar job with this team during his brief stint. Can't believe Dolan once again...

Posting and Toasting has some information...

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...th-steve-mills
There was absolutely no reason for Grunwald to lose his job. Team overachieved, won 54 games and a playoff round for the first time since 2001. But Donnie Walsh undid Isiah's stupid-a** contracts, got us out of salary-cap hell, and look what happened to him.

Now Brain-Dead Dolan brings back Mills, who knows absolutely zero about the NBA(draft night should be a load of laughs). Brilliant move Dolan. This franchise continues to be a laughingstock, one of the worst run in professional sports and Dolan is a s*** owner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Knicks are winning nothing as long as Dolan's in charge, NOTHING. We're never going to be like the Spurs because we stink from the top down. You all may think I'm nuts, but it's the truth. Bad owners kill franchises.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
There was absolutely no reason for Grunwald to lose his job. Team overachieved, won 54 games and a playoff round for the first time since 2001. But Donnie Walsh undid Isiah's stupid-a** contracts, got us out of salary-cap hell, and look what happened to him.

Now Brain-Dead Dolan brings back Mills, who knows absolutely zero about the NBA(draft night should be a load of laughs). Brilliant move Dolan. This franchise continues to be a laughingstock, one of the worst run in professional sports and Dolan is a s*** owner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Knicks are winning nothing as long as Dolan's in charge, NOTHING. We're never going to be like the Spurs because we stink from the top down. You all may think I'm nuts, but it's the truth. Bad owners kill franchises.
Why??? Why B-ball gods why?????
Old 10-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

The only good thing is the team is pretty much set for this season, so Mills won't be able to screw things up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »