Home

The 2017 New York Knicks: Can we please stay healthy?

This is a discussion on The 2017 New York Knicks: Can we please stay healthy? within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The 2017 New York Knicks: Can we please stay healthy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Legit amazed that they could field a team in the Garden to play worse D than the Rangers, didn't think it'd be possible.

Quote from Courtney Lee:

"We run the triangle, we practice against it a lot. I think we need to practice against pick and rolls, practice against other looks and whatnot and get comfortable with that because that's what other teams are running."

BRUH, you're telling me we don't practice defense against what every other team in the league is doing, only the offense that even we can barely run? Go figure.
That's a serious indictment of Phil Jackson. And what the hell is Jackson doing instructing players during practice? He's not the coach.

Typical Knicks circus. I swear if I hear the word 'triangle' again.........

Last edited by Jeffx; 11-03-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Legit amazed that they could field a team in the Garden to play worse D than the Rangers, didn't think it'd be possible.

Quote from Courtney Lee:

"We run the triangle, we practice against it a lot. I think we need to practice against pick and rolls, practice against other looks and whatnot and get comfortable with that because that's what other teams are running."

BRUH, you're telling me we don't practice defense against what every other team in the league is doing, only the offense that even we can barely run? Go figure.
Well that definitely can answer the question about defensive assistant coach. Seems like the coaching the past couple of years has been very passive. Very similar to the Jackson coached. Really helps to have a Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, and Pippen

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #75
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

My first reaction to the Phil helping Lee at practice was "OK he's the triangle expert, makes sense to get some advice from the guy sending down the system" but then it made me think, would Phil have ever allowed a front office exec in his practices instructing players? It's just a weird situation.

It's gonna take time for them to build and get comfortable with a system, unfortunately that's time we don't have, we cant afford to punt games now expecting a 12 game win streak to pop up, and it's more than just chemistry, it's effort. It looks like guys have never been tasked with defending anyone before.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 11

This franchise is a disgrace, a f-n disgrace.........
Old 11-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #77
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

That quote from Lee is alarming.

I'd say there's no way that we don't have the 2nd teamers running the opposition's offense (when the opportunity presents itself, obviously you can't spend much time on it during back-to-backs or four-in-fives) but after going through the Pringles era I've learned that nothing is impossible in today's NBA, no matter how ridiculous or amateur it sounds.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #78
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Mwuhahahahhahahah. I had to troll yall lol. I've watched 3 out of the 5 knicks games just to see my boy D Rose play and it's not looking to good for you guys.

So much Iso ball its sad. Its as if they run up the court on offense, set up then somebody dribbles in iso and chucks up a shot.

As for my mans who wondered why Rose always leaves his feet on a pass.....get used to it. Sometimes those double fake passes are nice. Others, he'll toss to a fan in the seats.

My heart goes out to you all. See you in Chicago friday...
Old 11-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #79
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

We've only played four games.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #80
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
We've only played four games.

Correct sir. I'm thinking they played Boston when that was the Bullies who played them twice. So far only game I haven't seen is the one they won against Memphis.

I actually hope NY does turn it around for the cities sake. For now tho, the defense looks pathetic. Offense isn't bad but Melo needs to facilitate more. As in pass the damn ball lol. And Rose has gotta get more than 4 or 5 assist a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »