Home

The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen

This is a discussion on The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #33
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
The little of what I've seen of Frank reminds me of Jrue Holiday.

I'll have to temper my expectations because I think guys like DSJ and Donovan Mitchell are going to jump off the screen immediately while it will take Frank some time to get comfortable.
Funny, Jrue is exactly who I was thinking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 09-29-2017, 11:08 AM   #34
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

You guys think O’Quinn and/or Thomas get moved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #35
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
You guys think O’Quinn and/or Thomas get moved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm surprised KOQ hasn't been in more rumors. His contract is great and teams love potential big men.

Maybe the Knicks keep saying no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 01:19 PM   #36
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

KOQ - yes. Don't think anyone wants Lance due to his contract. He's awful.

We have Noah's 20 game suspension to figure out what to do with KOQ. His minutes were inconsistent last year before our front court got even more crowded with Kanter and Beasley.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #37
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEFk9r_4EgU

Frank looked pretty good in the open practice yesterday, ran with the first team. I think it proved that he'll be a PG and we don't have to worry about him being a combo guard. He was poised and didn't seem bothered by the speed of the game, granted it was a light-hearted scrimmage. The kid is smooth. Showed a little of everything.

He was trying to get teammates involved first, didn't force things and took shots when they were open. All confirms the scouting reports that he's a smart kid who plays the game the right way.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:16 PM   #38
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Our fan base is so desperate for positive signs. I love it...
That is a reallyyy nice pass.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Horny on Frank...

Quote:
“I think the surprising thing for me as a coach is how knowledgable he is of the game and how he reads things,” Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said. “You saw some of his raw talent, you saw his length on tape. But when you’re here watching him play every day, seeing the plays that he makes, finding the mismatches and getting the ball to that guy quickly.

“He comes down the court and he realizes this guy didn’t get a shot maybe the last three or four times, he seems to call a play that fits right there. It’s probably something he’s not even thinking about it, it’s just natural. That’s something not many guys have that, so that’s what’s been impressive.”

“Guys gravitate towards him,” Hornacek said. “They see how he is with the game and how he’s not playing selfishly and how he’s trying to play the right way. Guys are just trying to spread their wealth of knowledge that they’ve learned over the years. It’s great. To me, if Frank was a guy that would just kind of nod his head and kind of walk away from guy like I know it all then he wouldn’t have the respect of guys. Guys talk to him and then he uses that knowledge that they tell him and all of the sudden makes a play. So it kind of goes both ways. Guys love to talk to him about it and he loves to listen.”

“I think we have NBA players on the team that he’s battled with and showed that he can play in this league,” Hornacek said. “The one thing that is probably the ultimate sign that you’re good enough to play in this league is when you’re gaining the respect of the veteran players on your team. The guys are already talking about him and the plays that he’s making, so when you have the respect of those older guys you’re doing something right.”

Old 10-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #40
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Horny on Frank...
You really have to take into perspective who Frank is practicing against. Not really high level competition in Westchester.

Also, Knicks fans will have to change how we view our team. No "superstar". We're a young team along the lines of the Denver Nuggets.

Sort of like the Jets. Have to have patience and hope that the young guys develop because it is guaranteed to look ugly.

I'm really curious about that first game betting line vs. OKC. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose by more than 30+.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »