Home

The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen

This is a discussion on The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #49
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The 2018 New York Knicks: Beyond the Zen

I read he banged knees with Kanter. Not the same from summer league. Something change?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #50
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I read he banged knees with Kanter. Not the same from summer league. Something change?
Yes he bumped knees, but I think that it's the same knee that kept him out of the SL.

Definitely not trying to make a big deal of it, but the kid has missed a lot of time.

I guess Sessions will be the guy for now. Looked decent from what I saw of him in the first game.

Just disappointing that a Top 10 pick doesn't crack the starting lineup. That's the reason why you pick so high- to get a starter.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:51 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 11

I love this quote from Stefan Bondy in today's Daily News;

"It's hypocritical for Perry and president Steve Mills to declare defense as central to their new identity, and then acquire Tim Hardaway Jr., Michael Beasley, Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott. Sunday's 117-83 embarrassing preseason defeat to the Nets served as a reminder of the possibilities for New York's putridness."

....same ol' Knicks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #52
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Yeah, the Melo trade was laughable right after they claimed defense would be a priority. Getting rid of a dreadful defender and bringing in two more.

I watched as much of the game last night as I could stomach. Love that the KP bashing has started before we even reached the regular season. The kid is gonna learn real fast what it means to be 'the man' on a New York sports team.

That being said, I'm feeling better and better about the tank. As raw and bad as Frank will be this year he very well may be our best PG. Sessions and Jack are so, so bad. Hell, I wonder if Baker will end up as our starting PG for stretches.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #53
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

To be fair to Perry, he didn't sign Hardaway and the pieces in the Melo trade were pretty much the only options.

Beasley is essentially a one year stop gap. You just sign whoever to fill the roster and hope something comes of it. At worse, Beasley plays well and he's a trade chip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 10-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #54
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
I love this quote from Stefan Bondy in today's Daily News;

"It's hypocritical for Perry and president Steve Mills to declare defense as central to their new identity, and then acquire Tim Hardaway Jr., Michael Beasley, Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott. Sunday's 117-83 embarrassing preseason defeat to the Nets served as a reminder of the possibilities for New York's putridness."

....same ol' Knicks.
No. Same ol' hot take.

The same local writers losing their minds would do the same thing if we traded for Kenneth Faried or signed Tony Allen.

The same if we traded for Ryan Andersen if the Melo deal with Houston went through. Instead we got Kanter.

These writers are the worst.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #55
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Revealed our sponsor, Squarespace.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #56
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Not bad, the name under the logo is annoying even though it's necessary because no one knows Squarespace's logo. At least the color aligns with our uniforms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »