Home

Dynasty Wishlist

This is a discussion on Dynasty Wishlist within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #17
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Dynasty Wishlist

Just thought of another wish.....

I like the ESPN.com like set you they have going right now. How about expanding it? How about having a link from that main page to each individual conference. So there will be a Big East page, ACC page, Atlantic Sun, etc...

...it could just be a little snapshot of what is going on with teams in that particular conference.... Maybe make it look like an ACTUAL ESPN webpage? Why not copy something like this: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/conference?confId=2

..with a conference scoreboard, standings, conference leaders, conference news, maybe even add a recruiting tracker which would track key recruits interesed in certain teams within the conference? Other things that maybe you could add to the page would be a section of who's hot/who's not, coaches on the hot seat, games to watch out for, etc.... ....you know, all that type of stuff you see in the sporting news or athlon preseason cbb preview mags on their conference pages....

This would go a long why in immersing us in our dynasties!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #18
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Hey Jab I did a video last year on ch2k8 and if you go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYn43es7cMQ

the 3:29 mark I start talking about menu system and scouting system in 2k8. I would love for your game to get deep enough to need this type of a system.

It shows off the depth and integration of all the different dynasty features they have in the game. skip past the long intro and go right to 3:29 and watch that and scsn 7 part 2 if you will to see some things that seperate 2k8 from any other college hoop game.

You current menu system is very simple and difficult to navigate when compared to 2k8. Also its not very visually appealing. If you want us to spend months and months playing this game in dynasty it has to be well connected or intergrated and visually stimulating.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 12-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

1. Save Draft Classes for LIVE 2010
2. Selection Show, Halftime Show, Postgame Show. (All with Highlights)
3. Amp up the Atmosphere for Rivalry Games.
4. Improve the Commentary, I like Nessler and Vitale, but Vitale is very repetive now. Sounds too much like a video game. Make it more like Live's Commentary. Albert and Kerr sound like they are calling a real game.
5. Improve the crowd audio. (Go to the actual arenas and record the fans and the bands and the heckling of visiting superstars.)

Thanks for asking our input!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

the first one is for me has to be realism in the simulated games

in 5 years with harverd I have seen boston university be a to seed 3 times, austin peay 2 times, and rider 2 times. Duke, north carolina, kansas, florida, kentucky, ucla none of them has had a single 1 seed yet in 5 years. generally these teams should have a 1 seed every now and then. it seems overall there isnt that much difference between the good and bad teams when simulating. Also, some of the small schools have way more talent than is reasonable. As someone who has watched montana state games and an occasional university of motana game and I can pretty safely say that never in the next 5 years will the university of montana have 2 players projected to be drafted in the top 3 in the same year. I am pretty sure they wont have anyone even drafted and noone will have 2 in the top 3 any year. One year I saw 8 people projected as top 3 picks, one team had 8 projected first round picks, and this was just what I saw looking at a couple teams here and there. I realize not all these people will declare for the draft but that is somewhat rediculus anyway. Also, as harverd I had a player from the original roster who I redshirted as a freshman. directly following his redshirt season he declared for the draft. 78 overall hadn't played a game and was redshirted by a small school and then declares for the draft? come on, seriously.

Second, I would like to see more presentation, halftime shows, weekly shows, selection shows.

third, recruiting

I think 3 and 4 stars are too weak, 5 stars are to easy to recruit, there is no real challenge, and there arent enough points to really scout players when you are a small school

fourth, strategy

A scouting report before the games so I know what kind of team I am facing. Their talent, which players are good and where they are weak, their tendencies etc. and then practices to gameplan around them.

fifth, in game strategy and gameplay

I know this isn't really just dynast but still...

first, is it just me or are there way to many charging fouls? especially like when the defense jumps to try to block the shot, there is no way that should ever be a charge.

Also, with defensive pressure and matchups, they need to go more in depth. be able to choose which guys you double off of, which to stick with, etc.

Press breaking plays

should be able to choose a press to use and then which defense to fall back in to rather than just having to fall back into man to man. I usually prefer if I am running a zone press falling back into a zone because it feels more natural and then rather than finding your man you can just go to your spot. Also, it helps cause the back guy can stay back and fall into his spot in the zone so that the basket is always protected
Old 12-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #21
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

1 - The ability to watch any game from any side's schedule in reg season

2 - The ability to watch any game from the conference and NCAA Tournaments

3 - Better selection show and season preview a la 2k8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #22

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
1 - The ability to watch any game from any side's schedule in reg season

2 - The ability to watch any game from the conference and NCAA Tournaments

3 - Better selection show and season preview a la 2k8
For the LOVE of God COuntry and Rock and Roll!!! how did I forget those first 2... THANK YOU NINJOID... Jab we gotta have it baby !!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 12-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #23

Da_Czar's Arena

A practice mode is very necessary. Please look at how ch2k8 does practice mode. What would me more immersive is instead of using dynasty points for a practice facility we never enter we should have teams with no facility practice in their gym and then when they upgrade the have the option to use the practice facility or gym.

The the bigger schools have a fancier practice facility.

Also make sure we can practice anytime inside legacy. If for some reason you can't pull that out make certain we can export our team to participate in out of legacy practice with our squads from each legacy year.

If you have a rewards system for practice like live does in the academy and you don't want us to be able to get to many points then have the one with points available the 1st of the month or whatever but allow us to practice whenever we want.

Nothing is sweeter than hitting the practice floor working on beating your opponenets 2-3 zone and then come in the game and do just that... THAT is what makes you feel like your really coaching.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Absolutely have to have multi team dynasties where multiple teams can be controlled by humans.

Accurate recruit grades...25 5*, 100 4*, etc. Make it hard to land a marquis player.

Basically like someone else side. Rent 2k8 and copy what works and improve upon it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »