Home

Dynasty updates!

This is a discussion on Dynasty updates! within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #81

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Dynasty updates!

I just beat Lipscomb is a very challenging game. They also slowed it down and played tough defense, it was a challenge. Next game I play Marquette.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #82
Rookie

ColProd's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Dunking repeatedly will give you a 62% shooting percentage. What sliders are you using? Butler's a good team and I usually struggle against good teams with my Hoyas. Usually it's a battle until the end with my conference games and anyone rated B+ and above.
I'm using Roadlesstrvld4's sliders on 15 minute halves.
The high percentage is because I focus on inside play and try to just take open 3's. My bigs are usually my point leaders. Hell, my center usually leads or is 2nd in assists too.

I'm beating Michigan 50-21 at half. They are 4-3 on the season (pre-season 25, but they dropped out quickly).
Old 12-10-2008, 04:50 AM   #83
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColProd
I'm using Roadlesstrvld4's sliders on 15 minute halves.
The high percentage is because I focus on inside play and try to just take open 3's. My bigs are usually my point leaders. Hell, my center usually leads or is 2nd in assists too.

I'm beating Michigan 50-21 at half. They are 4-3 on the season (pre-season 25, but they dropped out quickly).

I use those sliders too, but I'm not blowing teams out like that. Are you play zone exclusively, creating too many CPU turnovers resulting in a lot of fast breaks and easy buckets?

My bigs are usually my point leaders too, but I shoot anywhere from 33%-52% so far using road's sliders
Old 12-10-2008, 08:24 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 10

Sorry I didn't post last night but I ended up losing to the Jayhawks 71-67 on my home court,lol. I went ahead and played another game and beat a pretty good Nittany Lion team that wouldn't give up. Final score 69-61. I'm currently 13-3 and I forgot my conference record,lol.

Go Spartans!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #85
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11

I have now finished 3 games in my JU dynasty since my last post. I was able to get that much needed victory against Bethune Cookman. So that was good....atleast I know that victories are possible again in this game . It was a pretty easy 16 point victory (it felt good to win a game with ease).

Next game was against Troy. We came out flat and fell behind big early. We were down 22 at halftime. Ben Smith led a furious comeback in the 2nd half. We came all the way back to tie the game when Ben Smith stole the ball from the Troy PG and raced up the court and hit a 3 in transition with 13 seconds left on the clock! We made the defensive stop and we went into overtime. It was a little past 2:00am and I was pumped when I came back to force the OT. Unfortunately, we could not get ahead in the OT period and we came up short in the end losing 82-80 ...but it was a hell of a comeback and hell of a game.

I have to admit, the loss against Troy had me disappointed because that was our last non-conference game before we head fully into conference play. I wanted to have some kind of momentum going into our conference game at East Tennessee St (# 2 in the Atlantic Sun behind Belmont). I knew I would have a tough game, especially how my team has been up and mostly down this season. East Tennessee St along with Belmont are pretty much the two top schools in the A-Sun. Well, we jump out to an early 23-6 lead and we never looked back. I kept waiting for ETSU to make a big run...but it never happened! I played my best game of the season and it couldn't have come at a better time. I think my team is finally starting to roll.

A little side note on that ETSU game.....i saw something pretty cool:

ETSU is an up-tempo team....they came out in a full court press from the get go. I was pretty successful against their press and jumped out ahead 13-0 before they called their first timeout. After the timeout, they PULLED OFF THE PRESS! I was very pleased to see this.......break the press successfully a couple of times in a row and the CPU will call it off! I thought that was a pretty cool adjustment by the CPU.

Well, after my big win against ETSU, I went on to play Mercer and beat them pretty easily. Ben Smith continued to lead the way for our team with 18 pts and 9 assisits in the 20 point rout. The game was never close and I was feeling pretty good about my team at this point.

Then we go on the road to play Campbell (the last place team in the Atlantic Sun). I don't know what it is, but it seems that we ALWAYS get off to a slow start on the road. We fell behind early and I had to burn 2 early timeouts to stop the runs. We managed to keep it within 9 points going into halftime. Unfortunately, my 2nd leading scorer and most productive big man, Marcus Allen was in early foul trouble. Also, top player, Ben Smith was having a flat out TERRIBLE game. He was 2-12 from the field, 0-5 at the free throw line (and i usually shoot pretty good with him at the line), and 7 turnovers going into HALFTIME!

I managed to make a little run late in the second half, but it was too little too late. We lost 74-67. We are going on the road for our next game (now 1-5 on the road ).....and it will be a tough one because it is a rivalry game vs Stetson. It's going to be a big game. After Stetson we return home to play against ESTU (#2 in the conference) who will surely be looking for some payback! But we can't have ourselves looking ahead past Stetson...we have to take it one game at a time <----coach speak .....

Overall record: 4-9
Conference: 2-3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Well, after my big win against ETSU, I went on to play Mercer and beat them pretty easily. Ben Smith continued to lead the way for our team with 18 pts and 9 assisits in the 20 point rout. The game was never close and I was feeling pretty good about my team at this point.

Then we go on the road to play Campbell (the last place team in the Atlantic Sun). I don't know what it is, but it seems that we ALWAYS get off to a slow start on the road. We fell behind early and I had to burn 2 early timeouts to stop the runs. We managed to keep it within 9 points going into halftime. Unfortunately, my 2nd leading scorer and most productive big man, Marcus Allen was in early foul trouble. Also, top player, Ben Smith was having a flat out TERRIBLE game. He was 2-12 from the field, 0-5 at the free throw line (and i usually shoot pretty good with him at the line), and 7 turnovers going into HALFTIME!

I managed to make a little run late in the second half, but it was too little too late. We lost 74-67. We are going on the road for our next game (now 1-5 on the road ).....and it will be a tough one because it is a rivalry game vs Stetson. It's going to be a big game. After Stetson we return home to play against ESTU (#2 in the conference) who will surely be looking for some payback! But we can't have ourselves looking ahead past Stetson...we have to take it one game at a time <----coach speak .....

Overall record: 4-9
Conference: 2-3
Wow, it seems like your gonna need to win your Conference Tourney just to get into the big dance, but good luck though!

Go Spartans!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #87
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

A patch needs to address the injury bug. There are no in game injuries, or at lest I have yet to see one yet
Old 12-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #88
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
A patch needs to address the injury bug. There are no in game injuries, or at lest I have yet to see one yet
there aren't in game injuries unfortunately. I turned injuries off when I re-started my dynasty once the first patch came out.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »