Home

PS3 - Simulation Only League

This is a discussion on PS3 - Simulation Only League within the NCAA Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2021, 10:38 AM   #1
Rookie

bucfan1512's Arena

OVR: 0
PS3 - Simulation Only League

As the title says I am looking to see if there are others interested in a simulation only league similar to OOTP baseball game. Main focus would be on recruiting and setting up your team for your game but the game would always be simed. Post below if interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PS3 - Simulation Only League

I'm definitely interested in this. How many players are you trying to get in, how frequently do you intend to simulate, and what are some general rules you think will be applied?
Old 03-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

bucfan1512's Arena

With this type of league I am not sure what would be the best sliders but I am open to suggestion. I would like to get 4-6 if possible with everyone starting at 2* or below but to each there own if not. I think since it focuses on recruiting we may need to come up with some rules on that. Like only your state and neighboring states to limit that a bit?
Old 03-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #4
Pro

Figment's Arena

I think unlimited recruiting in pipeline states and a limited number of recruits outside your pipelines would be more realistic, and if you happen to go over your out of pipeline recruiting you either have to cut the player during the "cut players" phase of the offseason or you are penalized out of pipeline recruiting for the next season or something like that. The game has a fluid system for pipelines, something like if you have 7 players on your roster from a state it is considered a pipeline state, I think it's pretty good. Count me in, not sure how many stars the program is off the top of my head, but dibs on San Diego State.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:16 PM   #5
Rookie

bucfan1512's Arena

I like that you are free in your pipeline because if you want to get into those big states you have to actively work for it. I think a limit on out of pipeline states is good as well. Seven seems like a reasonable number. I agree with cutting players over that limit as well. If you go over the limit you have to cut the most recent signees. For example your 8th, 9th, and so on till you down to 7 out of pipelines. And you could than have a penalty of having say 5 out of pipeline recruits the next year. SDST is a solid choice still have not thought about who but they will be tiny. Is there a certain slider setting you think would be good?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2021, 03:33 PM   #6
Pro

Figment's Arena

I like the idea of treating out of pipeline recruits the way the MLB treats international prospects where if you go over your budget, you get a penalty to how much you can spend next season or even multiple seasons to discourage it as well as cutting players to get back down to your limit. Something like if 7 is the limit (which I think may actually be a bit high) for every player you go over, you lose double for the next season, so if I sign 9 this year, I only have 3 out of pipeline scholarships next season and I have to cut 2 of the guys I signed. Just an idea, it's your league so whatever you want to do.

As far as sliders go, I don't have a clue. I never adjust them and only play with the coaching tendencies like scheme, run/pass frequency, aggressiveness, and substitution frequency.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:12 PM   #7
Rookie

bucfan1512's Arena

I can look for a set of sliders that are rebuttable and we can make adjustments along the way if things in a certain area seem out of hand. I like the penalty idea as well with losing double as that would discourage it a lot. Any preferences on conference alignments. I usually group up all the teams into 6 super conferences but don't have to. For example I would put SDST in PAC12 or MWC with 15 others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online »