Home

Update to Playmakers1970 All time roster with Addl "merged" teams of past greats

This is a discussion on Update to Playmakers1970 All time roster with Addl "merged" teams of past greats within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2022, 03:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Update to Playmakers1970 All time roster with Addl "merged" teams of past greats

I posted an update to Playmakers1970 All time great rosters, but I had an additional project where I included all of the all time great players from smaller schools not included. Due to the amount of work and lack of scouting knowledge, I focused only on known legends and players that played in NFL. If they were great and not on one of the majors schools added, they will be on a "merged" team, teams that include greats from many small colleges. As I mentioned in previous post, I did this for myself, so I really am not interested in changing the roster. If you dont agree with a rating, a player or team...you can go ahead and update. I only want to share the work I did, and it was about 10 months of research and entry. This is for XBOX 360
Attached Files
File Type: zip alltime merged.zip (1.58 MB, 105 views)

Last edited by hurtstown70; 10-18-2022 at 04:44 PM. Reason: udpated info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2022, 03:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Update to Playmakers1970 All time roster with Addl "merged" teams of past greats

Major college teams included with only players from their School. They were the Original Playmakers1970 All time roster with the inclusion of TCU and Oregon State. All teams have been updated to include players up through the 2021-22 Season

Air Force
Alabama
Arizona
Arizona St
Arkansas
Army
Auburn
Baylor
Boise St
Boston College
BYU
California
Cincinatti
Clemson
Colorado
Fla St
Florida
Ga Tech
Georgia
Houston
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa State
Kan State
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisville
LSU
Maryland
Miami Fla
Mich St
Michigan
Minn
Miss St
Missouri
Navy
NC St
Nebraska
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Ohio St
Okla St
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Oregon
Oregon St
Penn St
Pitt
Purdue
Rutgers
S Carolina
SMU
Stanford
Syracuse
TCU
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
UCLA
UNC
USC
Utah
Va Tech
Virginia
W Virginia
Wake Forest
Wash St
Washington
Wisconsin
Old 10-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Update to Playmakers1970 All time roster with Addl "merged" teams of past greats

I updated next next teams to include schools that were already completed, but slim rosters in regards to talent. (tean that houses roster in parenthesis)

UNLV HI (UNLV)- combined roster to include players from Hawaii and UNLV. One of the last rosters I put together, so not a real fit, but a fit for NCAA History.

Vandy/Memphis (Vanderbilt)- Two major teams from Tennessee, combined with players from Vanderbilt and Memphis
Old 10-18-2022, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Now the "fun" part. there were alot of players I wanted to see play that played with Schools that could not field a roster, or small schools. So I combined schools into one with common themes.

Alabama Colleges (South Alabama)- Players taken from Alabama Schools (Troy, Alab St, Samford, Jackson St, W Alabama, UAB). Roster includes Walter Payton, Jimmy Smith, Tyreek Hill, Jackie Slater, Demarcus Ware amongst others.

Appalachia Colleges (App State)- This roster includes schools from Marshall, Ohio, PA, Temple, Indiana and Maryland. Includes all the Marshall Greats, Randy Moss, Leftwich and Pennington, Brian Westbrook, Dave Meggett, Andre Reed, Art Shell, Howie Long, John Mobley among others.

ARKLA Colleges (La Tech)- For lack of a better name, these are players from schools in Arkansas and Louisiana. La Tech, NW St, Louisiana Laffayette, Tulane, Nichols St, SE Louisiana, La Monroe, Ark St and more. Players include Terry Bradshaw, Bobby Hebert, Brian Mitchell, Troy Edwards, Pat Tilley, Jackie Smith, Willie Roaf, Fred Dean and more.

California Colleges (SD St)- honestly a favorite. I added Players from California small colleges to San Diego St. So we have representatives from SD St, Cal Poly Pomona, Azusa Pacific, Santa Clara, Long Beach, Pacific, San Fran and others. Players include Marshall Faulk, Christian Okoye, Webster Slaughter, Az Zahi Hakim, Brent Jones, Kyle Turley, Kabeer Gbaja Biamila, Herm Edwards and others.

Desert Mountain Colleges (Utah St)- Schools include NM St, New Mex, Utah St, Col St, No Arizona among others.... and "none". Players that did not go to college. Players include Jordan Love, Cookie Gilchrist, Vincent Jackson, Chris Cooley, Tre Mcbride, Merlin Olsen, Otis Sistrunk, Brian Urlacher, Bobby Wagner and Garo Yepremian.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Florida Colleges (UCF)- Schools include UCF, USF, Fla Atl, Fla International and Tampa. Players include Dante Culpepper, Blake Bortles, Devin Singletary, Latavius Murray, Shawn Jefferson, Freddie Solomon, TY Hilton, Brandon Marshall, Jason Pierr Paul, Shaquill Griffin, Asante Samuel and others.

Illiowa Colleges (N Ill)- Primary schools in Iowa and Illinois. N Iowa, E W S and N Illinois, Illinois St and Drake. Players include Kurt Warner, Jimmy Garafalo and Tony Romo, Branden Jacobs, Michael Turner, David Johnson, Dedric Ward, Ryan Diem, Brad Meester, Sutton Smith, Bryan Cox, Bart Scott, Bryce Paup, Billy Cundiff.

NW Basin Colleges (Wyoming)- Schools include North Dakota St, Wyoming, Idaho, Chadron St, N Dakota, Idaho, Nebraska Omaha, S Dakota, S Dakota St, Montana, Montana St and others. Players include Carson Wentz, Josh Allen, Trey Lance, Danny Woodhead, Jim Kiick, Merril Hoge, Malcom Floyd, Jay Novacek, Conrad Dobler, Jared Allen, Lyle Alzado, Tyrone Braxton and Adam Vinitieri
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2022, 04:13 PM   #6
Rookie

One team I forgot. I combined San Jose St and Fresno State, roster under San Jose State.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:26 PM   #7
Rookie

MissGA(So Miss)- I combined schools from Georgia and Mississippi with So Miss roster that already existed. Players include Brett Farve, Sammy Winder, Louis Lipps, Michael Jackson, Shannon Sharpe, Jamie Collins, Jessie Tuggle, Patrick Surtain, Tyrone Poole among others.

New England Colleges(Buffalo)- These include Delaware, UMass, Harvard, Yale, Colgate, UConn, Cornell, Boston U, Monmouth, Holy Cross and others. Players include Rich Gannon, Joe Flacco, Calvin Hill, Mark Vaneeghan, Ed Marinaro, Marques Colston, Wayne Chrebet, Chris Hogan, Sean Jones, Marcellus Wiley, Khalil Mack, Sam Mills, Gary Fencik, Gordy Lochbaum(YES GORDY!!!) Eugene Robinson amoung others. Honestly Gordy is the reason I wanted to do these additional rosters. This is a sneaky good team

Texas Colleges (UTSA)- Players from Rice, SH St, Abiline Christian, N Texas, and a ton others. this defense is legit. Players include Frank Ryan, Tommy Kramer, Mercury Morris, Larry Centers, Don Maynard, Gene Upshaw, John Randle, Mean Joe Greene, Seth Joyner, Al Harris and others.

Tornado Alley Colleges(Tulsa)- Teams from Misssouri, Oklahoma and Kansas, including Tulsa, Wichita St, C Oklahoma, and others. Players include Gus Frerotte, Jerry Rhome, Rod Smith, Steve Largent, Howard Twilley, Drew Pearson, Keith Traylor, Barry Minter, Ray Rhodes and more.

Tri State Colleges- Name is a stretch but based on the Tri state point that merges Kentucky, Virginia and Tennesee. Players include Phil Simms, Terrell Owens, Gary Clark, Nat Moore, Eric Green, Charles Haley, Jim Youngblood, Donnie Abraham, Mark Kelso, Darren Sharper and Steve Christie.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Final four "merged" Rosters

Ohio Mac (Ohio)- Includes all MAC schools from Ohio and Youngstown St. Players include Ben Roethlisberger, Ron Jaworski, Chester Taylor, Kareem Hunt, Julian Edelman, Lance Moore, Josh Cribbs, Antonio Gates, Jayson Taylor, Jack Lambert, Blaine Bishop and Brad Maynard.

Michigan Mac (E Mich)- Directional Michigan Schools and Detroit. Players include Charlie Batch, Antonio Brown, Greg Jennings and others.

HBCU 1 (W Michigan)- Following Playmakers lead, I combined players from HBCU's not included on other rosters to two teams. First is HBCU 1 that includes Grambling, Morgan St, Southern, SC St and Howard. Players include Doug Williams, John Fugua, Charlie Joiner, Jake Reed, Harod Carmichael, Robert Porcher, Willie Lanier, Mel Blount and Donnie Shell.

HBCU 2 (rice)- schools from other HBCU schools. Alcorn St, Tenn St, Fla AM, Texas So, Tenn St and others. Players include Steve McNair, Larry Kinnebrew, Jerry Rice, Bob Hayes, Otis Taylor, Michael Strahan, Too Tall Jones, Richard Dent, Deacon Jones (amazing Defensive Line), Earl Holmes, Ashley Ambrose and More.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »