Home

BL, rosters done by release date?

This is a discussion on BL, rosters done by release date? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2005, 09:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: BL, rosters done by release date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklover
Yes I will try and have them out by retail release day.

At the same time it's a double edged sword. The naming part has to be the most boring, tedious thing there is to do. I much prefer the fine tuning that occurs in the later roster versions. Such as creating all the missing players, getting equipment right, tweaking depth charts, fixing all the players that left their teams or that were not transferred to their new teams, etc. That's the good stuff.

I find it extremly amusing that the first set of rosters also known as version 1 are the ones that people generally give me grief on for inaccuracies. Ummm...of course. Getting the game early usually means Saturday before the Tuesday/Wednesday release. So do the math. 119 teams. 4 days before release day. That's a 30 team a day average to get done by release day. I can do 4-5 an hour. So 7 hours a day. I have a wife and three kids.

Yeah I'll try and have them by release day. Also they will be done when they are done.
Heh I so wish that there was a way people could collectively work on rosters. I am an employed recent college graduate with a girlfriend but plenty of time to do rosters. I could do the renmaing pretty well. I did the Big Ten on College Hoops in a couple of hours (of course that is a lot less players). I would do the rosters myself but I am terrible at CAPs and do'nt know a lot of the tweaks that should be made. So I wish I could do the renaming for you and you oculd work on the rest. But....oh well.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSharp
Heh I so wish that there was a way people could collectively work on rosters. I am an employed recent college graduate with a girlfriend but plenty of time to do rosters. I could do the renmaing pretty well. I did the Big Ten on College Hoops in a couple of hours (of course that is a lot less players). I would do the rosters myself but I am terrible at CAPs and do'nt know a lot of the tweaks that should be made. So I wish I could do the renaming for you and you oculd work on the rest. But....oh well.
bottonline is, they are highly sought after, initially, for the dynasty guys, and secondly, not enough people get early copies to cope with the demand.

Like it was easy doing the 300plus COLLEGe teams for Ch2k5 because there was no competition to get it out. We finished in less than a week. Credited to about 20 diff. guys. Very good teamwork.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:50 PM   #11
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5

BL, I have always enjoyed your rosters. Please take your time. I cannot believe that people give you grief over version 1 (or any of the versions). If they do not like it, let them do their own. Anyway, I will be anticipating your release and your updates. (Wife and 3 kids . . . how do you have the time?????) Thanks for making the game(s) more enjoyable!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklover
Yes I will try and have them out by retail release day.

At the same time it's a double edged sword. The naming part has to be the most boring, tedious thing there is to do. I much prefer the fine tuning that occurs in the later roster versions. Such as creating all the missing players, getting equipment right, tweaking depth charts, fixing all the players that left their teams or that were not transferred to their new teams, etc. That's the good stuff.

I find it extremly amusing that the first set of rosters also known as version 1 are the ones that people generally give me grief on for inaccuracies. Ummm...of course. Getting the game early usually means Saturday before the Tuesday/Wednesday release. So do the math. 119 teams. 4 days before release day. That's a 30 team a day average to get done by release day. I can do 4-5 an hour. So 7 hours a day. I have a wife and three kids.

Yeah I'll try and have them by release day. Also they will be done when they are done.

I'm not complaining. I appreciate your hard work. I did my own rosters for about 3 years and Madden would be released by the time I would finish. If you have them on relase day GREAT, if it takes a couple of extra days, I can be patient.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2005, 07:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

BL, you live in toledo too?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »