Home

I would like to comment on roster updates

This is a discussion on I would like to comment on roster updates within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4
I would like to comment on roster updates

Could the roster makers like Fairdale Kings keep updating the rosters and settings throughout the season? What I do not like about these boards is that there is a mad rush of rosters in the beginning of the season and then it cools off midseason. Many things can happen during a season (suspensions, roster shuffles) and it would be nice to have rosters reflective of that.

I am saying this because this board gets VERY dead from mid season onward due to roster makers giving up or moving on. Remember... there are many of us here who would like consistent rosters until the final championship games!

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease! :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: I would like to comment on roster updates

Blackroster's rosters had approximately 7 versions...
Old 07-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
Rookie

ThaFranchise_10's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
I am saying this because this board gets VERY dead from mid season onward due to roster makers giving up or moving on. Remember... there are many of us here who would like consistent rosters until the final championship games!
What is keeping you from taking Fairdale's first version and making your own appropriate updates throughout the season?
Old 07-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #4
Glory, Glory, Man United!

AtXj's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFranchise_10
What is keeping you from taking Fairdale's first version and making your own appropriate updates throughout the season?
Exactly.

Are the 100 hours plus he has already put in these rosters not enough for you?

At least take the liberty of doing a small part yourself rather than demanding he stick around for the bulk of the season to keep his rosters updated at your every request...

Besides, it's not like the NFL where there will be trades and such during the season. With the exception of injuries the rosters will change very little at all from what they are now.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #5
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtXj
Exactly.

Are the 100 hours plus he has already put in these rosters not enough for you?

At least take the liberty of doing a small part yourself rather than demanding he stick around for the bulk of the season to keep his rosters updated at your every request...

Besides, it's not like the NFL where there will be trades and such during the season. With the exception of injuries the rosters will change very little at all from what they are now.
First ... the biggest problem with updating the NCAA rosters is that there are 119 teams to update. Not just 32 like the NFL. In September Mustang84 and myself will update rosters with:

over 400+ created players
update player ratings for thousands of players
correct depth charts
correct player positions
correct player numbers
Removing players that are no longer on the team
some equipment updates

This roster should be enough for everyone. We don't need to release rosters every single week... but once early in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Like everyone else said, change them yourself. You sound very ungreatful.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:08 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not only that but NCAA 2006 != the actual football season. Why make a roster shuffle according to a coach in real life when the players in the game exist in a seperate 'universe?' I like getting my rosters as accurate as possible at the beginning of the season but after that the players in the game have a life of their own so to speak and produce and act independent of their real life counterparts.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:30 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

yea plus a player who is not benched in real-life could in game break a NCAA rule and has to be punnished(if you actually do it) so then you are not keeping to what is going on in the real world

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »