Home

Did DT bite the dust?

This is a discussion on Did DT bite the dust? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 03:43 AM   #17
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Re: Did DT bite the dust?

...And that's why he's a fool.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:55 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
No I am not saying that at all. We've banned most of his accounts. So when he posts he has to create a new one. Obviously your account is older. But he's done it many many times. I have seen it for myself.

I was also there when it started at the other board. MM if I recall. I have been around the various football forums for many years. Even know Hellisan over there personally. Yes I know it happened, yes I know for a fact that DT has posted here under an assumed name posting as a 3rd party defending himself. Yes I have the emails from him taunting the staff that he was going to continue to do so.
I'm not doubting your word on that, but what I'm trying to say is that he is being blamed for something that has no hard proof, or evidence (besides the roster files that blacklover said he made certain mistakes to prove that DT was stealing his rosters, the only problem with that was when DT's rosters came out it did have mistakes, but not the same ones as blacklovers, and yes I have seen them both) and what exactly is wrong with a person trying to defend himself? I guess if someone were to accuse me of something that I did not do and I tried to come on here and defend myself I would get banned, but I'm tired of trying to open peoples eyes, all this seems to be doing is making me look like the bad guy that's riding DTs n*ts (which I am not, as I stated earlier I am taking neither side because I have respect for both of them for what they do, and the services they have supplied for all of us) so with that; my part in this thread has come to an end. Peace out and one love
"I believe everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart , I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heavan"

~Tupac Amaru Shakur~
Old 07-14-2005, 03:58 AM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLo
I'm not doubting your word on that, but what I'm trying to say is that he is being blamed for something that has no hard proof, or evidence (besides the roster files that blacklover said he made certain mistakes to prove that DT was stealing his rosters, the only problem with that was when DT's rosters came out it did have mistakes, but not the same ones as blacklovers, and yes I have seen them both) and what exactly is wrong with a person trying to defend himself? I guess if someone were to accuse me of something that I did not do and I tried to come on here and defend myself I would get banned, but I'm tired of trying to open peoples eyes, all this seems to be doing is making me look like the bad guy that's riding DTs n*ts (which I am not, as I stated earlier I am taking neither side because I have respect for both of them for what they do, and the services they have supplied for all of us) so with that; my part in this thread has come to an end. Peace out and one love
I saw the files that had, BL's hidden changes in them. Many of us did.

I don't have a problem with people defending themselves. It's when they come in, and do it, while trying to pass themselves off as someone else. That's not only pathetic, but just makes that person look even worse. I believe he did the same thing a few years back, while trying to discredit BL.

DT has made his own bed, and from my dealings with him, and his dealings with the staff here, deserves every bit of criticism he gets.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:13 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
I saw the files that had, BL's hidden changes in them. Many of us did.

I don't have a problem with people defending themselves. It's when they come in, and do it, while trying to pass themselves off as someone else. That's not only pathetic, but just makes that person look even worse. I believe he did the same thing a few years back, while trying to discredit BL.

DT has made his own bed, and from my dealings with him, and his dealings with the staff here, deserves every bit of criticism he gets.
Yeah, you're right it is sad that he would resort to that approach, but maybe he is a person with low self esteem, or maybe he just cares too much about what people think of him, and I don't recall him trying to discredit BL; but I might have missed that one, but it still is not right to criticize someone because of wrongs they have made; two wrongs do not make a right; and I say let he is without sin cast the first stone.
"I believe everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart , I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heavan"

~Tupac Amaru Shakur~

Last edited by BoLo; 07-14-2005 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:48 AM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLo
Yeah, you're right it is sad that he would resort to that approach, but maybe he is a person with low self esteem, or maybe he just cares too much about what people think of him, and I don't recall him trying to discredit BL; but I might have missed that one, but it still is not right to criticize someone because of wrongs they have made; two wrongs do not make a right; and I say let he is without sin cast the first stone.
Criticizing someone for wrongs they have perfomed is not a wrong. Falsely accusing someone is a wrong. Being that I have personally witnessed it, nothing false about, nor do I believe in the whole he without sin casr the first stone balogna.

As I said, DT made his own bed He gets all that he deserves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #22
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

My .02 cents on the DT/BL situation. I too saw the rosters in question when this started a couple of years ago, and if memory serves the tipoff was some adjusted ratings BL put in (I think it was a SJSU wideout?) that also showed up in DT's roster. There were also a significant number of differences in DT's roster. His created players were different, and his depth charts contained many differences as well. That led me to the conclusion that DT used BL's roster as a starting point to save himself the drudgery of entering all the names himself.

Should he have done it? No, not without acknowledging BL. Is it the blatant plagiarism some people have said it is? Imo that's not quite so clearcut. If someone downloads an official roster update for Madden or 2k5 and then makes significant changes to it, would that be plagiarism? To me, the worst thing you can say about DT is that he failed to credit the source material he used to create his own work. To me, that's fundamentally different from what the folks on eBay who are selling memory cards with BL's or DT's unmodified rosters are doing.

None of this is intended as a defense or an excuse, just some observations for the sake of discussion.

Last edited by coogrfan; 07-14-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #23
87% L*m*ny Fr*sh

blacklover's Arena

OVR: 8

Look I never like to talk about this but it's not just me.

He took Teebee's March Madness rosters and posted them on his site and accepted the paypal donations for them.

That is until TeeBee called him on the phone and said cut that crap out.

DT took them down eventually but not before harassing Teebee.

One of the first versions of Choops rosters I collaborated with some others here and DT felt free to post that file on his site until he was told to take it down.

Let's not forget DT going online last year impersonating me and cheesing other online players.

Or any of his insane rants against me. Every year something new crops up, this is the first year it's been fairly quiet.

There is a long history here.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Criticizing someone for wrongs they have perfomed is not a wrong. Falsely accusing someone is a wrong. Being that I have personally witnessed it, nothing false about, nor do I believe in the whole he without sin casr the first stone balogna.

As I said, DT made his own bed He gets all that he deserves.
Criticizing someone for mistakes that they have made IS wrong, it lacks a lot of morals and decency. You're free to believe what you want; and I respect that; and I will continue to respect that; however to make the comment that is ok to criticize someone for their wrongs or mistakes in life is pretty close-minded and idiotic.

~Tupac Amaru Shakur~

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »