Home

Flypaper always catches a thief... DT Lindner exposed

This is a discussion on Flypaper always catches a thief... DT Lindner exposed within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Angry Flypaper always catches a thief... DT Lindner exposed

It had been brought to my attention that the rosters at DT Lindner's website were very similar to my own. Being that I had completed my rosters on July 9th and DT didn't have his xbox rosters available until a few days ago it was a credible claim. BUT I passed it off as simple rumors again and someone trying to cause $&*@.

Finally I had someone check 12 indicators that I had strategically placed in the rosters for identification purposes. If a few of the indicators matched up I could settle for it being a simple coincidence. Well, all 12 indicators appeared in the xbox rosters available at PSX. Maybe six indicators could be explained but to have the same four mis-spellings and two nicknames that I included is not acceptable. One example of this was to name a player using his former name from six years ago. A name that only a fan of the player and the team may be able to recognize. It was very strategically chosen. And for that name to appear is all the evidence that I need.

I have invested over 100+ hours inputting the names of the players on these rosters. And for someone to wait until I have completed my rosters and to make a few depth chart adjustments and maybe create 7 players and pass it off as their own work is just wrong.

Not only is DT Lindner hosting my rosters on his website but the guy that provided the rosters is Dave Morris. The same Dave Morris that runs e-bay sales of xbox and ps2 rosters at http://www.rosterdownloads.com

It is may understanding that DT provides the ps2 rosters for Dave's ebay venture and, in exchange, Dave fronts the xbox rosters for DT's site. The only problem is that Dave used my rosters for his base and just edited a few things. DT and Dave are cleaning up in ebay sales and the xbox portion of the sales is from my hard work.

Maybe there isn't much I can do but I do have options and I am going to use them. One of the options is to finally put the " THIEF" label on DT Lindner and his bogus website that appears to be professional in all apsects. BUT as usual is a cover-up for a thief to lie in hiding. DT had banned me from his site in June because I was informing people that I was the actual xbox roster editor on his website for NCAA '04 and NCAA '05. He didn't want anyone getting credit other than himself. Or receive a donation.

I had NEVER made claims during the DT-Blacklover discussions because I never used the rosters or was interested in making accusations. And many others are the same. There wasn't enough evidence to expose the snake. Well, I have 12 examples myself to provide. Will I lay EVERY card on the table. No way. I have laid out the 12 cards to administrators of all the major Madden-NCAA sites and they all have been provided the evidence. Also..... i wanted enough people to be able to download the original roster file from DT's site and have it in possession before I show my hand.

My main objective is show DT Lindner as the thief and liar that he actually is and to spread the word. I also want to show all of his supporters and what-not what a good guy he really is.

I appreciate the support I have already received at MaddenMania, MaddenNation, Madden Planet, Operatinn Sports and Pigskin Gaming..... as well as the support of FKrosters

But I want the word to be spread.... and the truth told.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Flypaper always catches a thief... DT Lindner exposed

D-R-A-M-A, Thats all it is, No one owns these rosters and I could care less who I got them from whether it be Joe Blow, or whoever. This is just plain dumb to go back and forth with these ridiculous posts He did this, She said that and frankly I am tired of hearing it. If you know you made the rosters then cool, Its not that serious its just a game man not a way of life. If someone wants to sell them on Ebay to make money then cool, If someone wants to they can do whatever they want with it. Its Public Domain, because you have made it Public Domain. I know some people may not like what I say but I am not out to make friends on the internet. I am just telling you how it is man this has been going on for years since the Ps1 and it will never stop.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
D-R-A-M-A, Thats all it is, No one owns these rosters and I could care less who I got them from whether it be Joe Blow, or whoever. This is just plain dumb to go back and forth with these ridiculous posts He did this, She said that and frankly I am tired of hearing it. If you know you made the rosters then cool, Its not that serious its just a game man not a way of life. If someone wants to sell them on Ebay to make money then cool, If someone wants to they can do whatever they want with it. Its Public Domain, because you have made it Public Domain. I know some people may not like what I say but I am not out to make friends on the internet. I am just telling you how it is man this has been going on for years since the Ps1 and it will never stop.

Spoken like a true 14 year old, or at best, someone that has no clue the value of hard work.

I agree with FK - he has every right to be ticked. Unfortunately, one point of the quoted post is true - people are generally sorry and most couldn't care less how sorry they are or how sorry their actions are.

It's one thing to steal something and give it away, it's another to steal it and sell it. It's fraud and in the 'real world' it's a felony.....

C93
Old 07-26-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
There's no real need for the tone of this post. You have to remember all the long hours and time that FK puts into his rosters, only to then have someone else use them for profit.

Just watch the tone.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #5
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

If you put hours into something only to have someone else pawn it off as their own, you would have every right to get upset about it. Hell, I would think you're being a fool for NOT getting upset about it. On top of that, they are making money off YOUR work. How could you not say something about it?

FK and everyone else who has had their work stolen, I understand where you are coming from and you have my full support. I am working on a PS2 Historical roster file that I would love to be distributed with anybody else's roster files. I know that I would NOT want some jerkoff taking my work and asking for donations. Even worse, the legit roster guys are some of the coolest guys out there. Most of them are like me, who do it because they enjoy it and only want to be credited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 08:56 PM   #6
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina93
Spoken like a true 14 year old, or at best, someone that has no clue the value of hard work.

I agree with FK - he has every right to be ticked. Unfortunately, one point of the quoted post is true - people are generally sorry and most couldn't care less how sorry they are or how sorry their actions are.

It's one thing to steal something and give it away, it's another to steal it and sell it. It's fraud and in the 'real world' it's a felony.....

C93
i agree
Old 07-26-2005, 09:02 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

I just downloaded that Dave Morris' 1-AA Roster file to check to see if he took me and PlottyDawg's. He didn't succeed because his rosters suck. I was hoping to catch him but maybe he did the random name generator thing that FK was talking about that Thor did.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA885
I just downloaded that Dave Morris' 1-AA Roster file to check to see if he took me and PlottyDawg's. He didn't succeed because his rosters suck. I was hoping to catch him but maybe he did the random name generator thing that FK was talking about that Thor did.
Where are your 1-AA rosters at? I downloaded one and I am not too satisfied with it. There were a lot of holes. In it, South Carolina State's top rated QB (like an 86 OVR) is unnamed.

EDIT: I saw the link in your signature. However, can you tell me, is SCSU's 86 OVR QB named in your file?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »