Home

Action Replay Question

This is a discussion on Action Replay Question within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

common-sense's Arena

OVR: 4
Action Replay Question

i was thinking of buying an action replay for xbox to get the rosters for NCAA '07. Before i buy it, how does an action replay work? what do i have to do to download the rosters? is it simple?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Action Replay Question

First, you'll need a memory card. (Actually, I can't recall if AR comes with one already; I have XChange for 360, and it does NOT come with one.)

Once you download the software, it's a lot like iTunes -- just dragging files from one side (saved zip files) to the other (memory card). Check out FD's roster file thread for College Hoops 2K6; he gives a really good explanation of how the device works (at least for XChange for the 360).

The only thing that was confusing during the whole process was that I couldn't load the roster from my memory card straight to the game. I had to go the the 360 dashboard and move the roster file from the memory card to the HD. Other than that, it's a really simple process.

If you're planning on playing college sports games and you want real-life rosters, it's a must. If "real" names aren't that important to you, NCAA had a random name generator available last year, and it's sure to be an option this year as well.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
First, you'll need a memory card. (Actually, I can't recall if AR comes with one already; I have XChange for 360, and it does NOT come with one.)

Once you download the software, it's a lot like iTunes -- just dragging files from one side (saved zip files) to the other (memory card). Check out FD's roster file thread for College Hoops 2K6; he gives a really good explanation of how the device works (at least for XChange for the 360).

The only thing that was confusing during the whole process was that I couldn't load the roster from my memory card straight to the game. I had to go the the 360 dashboard and move the roster file from the memory card to the HD. Other than that, it's a really simple process.

If you're planning on playing college sports games and you want real-life rosters, it's a must. If "real" names aren't that important to you, NCAA had a random name generator available last year, and it's sure to be an option this year as well.
Action Replay for Xbox comes with it's own card. And it's very simple to use. Not sure what the issue you describe (360 has an AR?) but I could always load files directly from the memory card myself. Again, my experience is on the Xbox, not the Xbox 360.

Basically you just download the file on your PC. Plug the USB thing into your PC. Drag the file over from your desktop to the AR software. Wait till it's done. Take Memory card out of Action Replay, insert it into your Xbox controller and there you go.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-11-2006, 12:42 AM   #4
Rookie

common-sense's Arena

OVR: 4

alright thanks guys....sounds pretty simple then
Old 07-11-2006, 01:18 AM   #5
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not sure what the issue you describe (360 has an AR?) but I could always load files directly from the memory card myself. Again, my experience is on the Xbox, not the Xbox 360.
Yep, it's called XChange and it doesn't come with a memory card. It works a little differently than AR, a little less user friendly. When I tried to load FD's CH2K6 rosters from the memory unit, it recognized the memory unit but wouldn't allow the download. When I moved the file from the memory unit to the HD, everything was fine. It might be an issue with the save/load mechanics of 2K games. Don't really know. It just taught me to transfer my downloaded roster to my HD before attempting to load it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »