Home

Rosters from PSP to PS2

This is a discussion on Rosters from PSP to PS2 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Rosters from PSP to PS2

Does anyone know if there will be a way to d/l the rosters on my computer and then transfer them to my PSP and from there to the PS2 via the USB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Rosters from PSP to PS2

Anyone?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Not a bad idea....

I have never tried it myself, since I have a Sharkport for PS2.

But - if you used your PSP USB cable to transfer a PS2 roster file onto your PSP, and then took your PSP and linked it up with your PS2 via your PSP USB cable - this should theoretically work.

The only thing that worries me is that the file extension might change or something when you first transfer it from the PC to the PSP. But - if this is a straight transfer - I don't see why it shouldn't work - especially since you can create directories, etc. on your PSP.

I would do the same thing you have to do with the Sharkport though, which is to copy the entire roster folder, and not try to go in and take out the file on your own from the roster directory.

Give it a shot and let us know if it works. This basically would be a nice backup for the Sharkport.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:08 AM   #4
Rookie

I do not even know if I can hook the PSP up to the PS2.

I have never done the rosters before...so I need to figure out how all that works then worry about the transfer.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

It shouldnt be too hard to do....here is what normally happens:

- In the next few days or so, people will start releasing the first roster files (usually - the first ones are incomplete - but they will have some players named and will allow you to test this) and they will be available for download in threads on this forum. So - all you have to do is download one to your computer.

- Then - turn on your PSP and start to look around in it. You can attach your PSP to your PC (and your PS2) through the white USB cable that came with your PSP. You should be able to transfer over the roster file from your PC to your PSP by clicking on the "USB connection" in the main menu of your PSP. This will make your PSP show up on your PC as an external device. You should be able to copy the roster file to the PSP this way. If possible, see if you can copy it to the memory stick on the PSP.

- Then - attach your PSP to the PS2 through the white USB cable (the PS2's USB port is directly next to the first controller/memory card ports on the front of the PS2) - and see if you can copy the roster file from your PSP to your PS2 memory card (from the main PS2 menu)

Remember - when you are copying the roster file - it is usually best to copy the whole folder, as just copying the file sometimes corrupts the file, and then it won't work on your PS2.

Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out. I would do it myself, but I don't have the PS2 version of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 07:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Well I have not looked for the ps2 rosters yet, however I did try to hook the PSP to my PS2 and I did not see it get recognized.

I will check the book later to see if there is something special I need to do.

Where would you suggest I get the ps2 rosters from?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #7
Rookie

there's no freakin ps2 to psp link in the menus for either psp or ps2 versions . and the damn rosters seem to be from last year on psp(at least BC, #1,#94,#18, blackman, kiwi, and porter) we got the shaft on psp. i played one game and thought the game play was good and loading times were very good it plays like ps2 from last year, which aint bad but this is 07 ..and now im hearing about a running glitch....wtf

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »