Home

WTF did dtlinder do to my game?

This is a discussion on WTF did dtlinder do to my game? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 10:24 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: WTF did dtlinder do to my game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
And BTW, what in the world would rosters have to do with this problem?
Using edited rosters can often disable achievements due to being able to max out players attributes.

I do agree that it's absurd to blame DT. He's a lot of negative things, but I'm pretty sure the rosters don't have anything to do with the achievement problem.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #34
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Some of the achievements are not quarter length based. For instance, the break a 60 yard run is probably not dependent on quarter length. But other things like yards and number of TDs are obviously.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #35
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I am using the rosters...with 7min quarters and i have messed with the sliders on AA to make the game tougher, and i have been able to unlock achievments. I never got a message about not getting achievments when i loaded the roster either. But, i never loaded it from the memory card... i copied it to the HD before i booted up the game. That may be it...if it loaded from a memory card it may cause problems. Just a guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 11:04 PM   #36
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12

I can confirm that 5 min. quarters with no slider adjustments will make the achievements available. Not sure which if either will make them not work if adjusted, but by the posts, I would think quarter time.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:11 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
Some of the achievements are not quarter length based. For instance, the break a 60 yard run is probably not dependent on quarter length. But other things like yards and number of TDs are obviously.

Yeah, these achievements seem like they work like they did in years past where you earned tokens for unlocking hidden teams, stadiums, etc. Certain ones were definitely quarter length oriented. You would get a message like "Shutout Opponent - Minimum 4 minute quarters".

My earlier question still stands, though. What are these achievements good for since there doesn't seem to be any unlockable content???
Old 07-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
Yeah, these achievements seem like they work like they did in years past where you earned tokens for unlocking hidden teams, stadiums, etc. Certain ones were definitely quarter length oriented. You would get a message like "Shutout Opponent - Minimum 4 minute quarters".

My earlier question still stands, though. What are these achievements good for since there doesn't seem to be any unlockable content???
they are just something to do if your bored
Old 07-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

hey i'm trying to load the rosters via both mem card and hd, but it no file is shown. when i go to the dashboard i get "unknown user" or something. what am i doing wrong.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:10 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Ok, I might be wrong then!

I tried AA with 7 minutes and none of the achievements I should've got registered. The next game I played was AA for the default 5 minutes and I got the 4 TD achievement and a few other's.

I have no idea what's going on then.
It's very odd. I've gotten a bunch of achievements playing on Varsity, 8 min quarters, custom rosters. and default sliders.

Strange.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »