Home

Old 07-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #9
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: IM Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
Hard drive dead, why can't I see them damn this technical stuff. Thanks for the help anyway
If your hard drive is dead, you should be able to get another one under warranty.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I was surprised to hear it as well but when I was talking to a friend he said he'd investigated it and told me that was the case (this guy knows his stuff). I imagine it's a ploy by MS to get people to buy more HD's is all I can guess at.
current gen MVP baseball was the same way. It might have just been a design flaw in the game, and not a nefarious plot
Old 07-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower98115
current gen MVP baseball was the same way. It might have just been a design flaw in the game, and not a nefarious plot
true, maybe it's just EA games due to some design decision...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

You don't have to worry about warranty with any xbox stuff. Don't send your box to microsoft. Just take whatever is broken to walmart and they'll replace it. I got my xbox at launch, never had a problem 'till last week when I got the red ring of death on my power button. Removed my Hard Drive and cords, took just the xbox unit in. They pulled another one off the shelf and gave me back a brand new box. I had to do the same thing with my headset a few months ago. If you take your hard drive up there they'll either give you a seperatly packaged hard drive, or you might want to take your xbox with the hard drive to the store. If they don't have an individual hard drive you'll be able to get a new xbox and a new hard drive.

I don't see how people don't know that walmart will take back just about anything and give you a replacment. Use 'em. Way faster and easier than warranty claims.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:33 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
You don't have to worry about warranty with any xbox stuff. Don't send your box to microsoft. Just take whatever is broken to walmart and they'll replace it. I got my xbox at launch, never had a problem 'till last week when I got the red ring of death on my power button. Removed my Hard Drive and cords, took just the xbox unit in. They pulled another one off the shelf and gave me back a brand new box. I had to do the same thing with my headset a few months ago. If you take your hard drive up there they'll either give you a seperatly packaged hard drive, or you might want to take your xbox with the hard drive to the store. If they don't have an individual hard drive you'll be able to get a new xbox and a new hard drive.

I don't see how people don't know that walmart will take back just about anything and give you a replacment. Use 'em. Way faster and easier than warranty claims.
Hmmmm....

I have a broken 360, and I bought a replacement, since my original was way out of warranty and MS wanted $160 to fix it....

When you did this - did you tell the clerk that you bought the 360 at Wal-Mart? Or - did you have a Wal-Mart receipt?

I would be willing to take my broken one back to a Wal-Mart, but I would only do so if it was understood that I didn't buy it there. I don't want to scam anyone.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #14
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
Life is over, I can't afford another hard drivr now, does anyone know what i can do?
I copied the roster (in the 360 dashboard area) from my mem card to my mem card, and it overwrote the original with the same file, just linked to my gamertag (having mgoblue21 as the owner), and then I was able to see it in the game. Just try copying it and choosing the mem card as the place to put the copy and it should work.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #15
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
Hmmmm....

I have a broken 360, and I bought a replacement, since my original was way out of warranty and MS wanted $160 to fix it....

When you did this - did you tell the clerk that you bought the 360 at Wal-Mart? Or - did you have a Wal-Mart receipt?

I would be willing to take my broken one back to a Wal-Mart, but I would only do so if it was understood that I didn't buy it there. I don't want to scam anyone.

I did buy the xbox at walmart, during the midnight launch. They didn't ask, nor did I have a reciept. If it is something they have or have had in stock, it usually won't matter where or when you bought it or if you have a reciept. If you do have the reciept you can get a cash refund, if not you can get the item replaced or they will give you the refund on a walmart gift card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #16
Rookie

Bmore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I got my xbox at launch, never had a problem 'till last week when I got the red ring of death on my power button.
I've had that red ring on my power button several times. The only reason that came up though was because our power had gone out. Does that red ring mean the 360 is screwed up? It's been working fine and the ring has come up red several times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »