Home

Action Replay on PS2

This is a discussion on Action Replay on PS2 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Action Replay on PS2

I can't even imagine how sick of these threads you guys are, so I appologise. I went looking for something that would answer my question, but I didn't find what I was looking for. Anyways, I hope you guys can help.

I want to download rosters, of course, so today I went out and bought Action Replay Max from BestBuy. I had heard that this doesn't work to transfer roster files, though, so I wanted to make sure it would work before I opened it (and made a return impossible).

I was wondering how the roster file gets on to the memory card. I read in another thread that AR for XBox comes with a dock connectable via USB - is it this way for PS2 as well? If not, how does the file get onto the memory card? Do you have to buy Datel's Flash Drive as well?

Any help would be great. FWIW, the package I bought is called Action Replay Max and it comes with a 16MB memory card. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Action Replay on PS2

When I bought my Action Replay Max I had to use a USB thumb drive that I already had. Obviously if you can buy an Action Replay kit with a USB drive included, that is best...but you can pick up a small capacity one for dirt cheap these days at compusa or whatever computer/electronic store is near you.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8

You might be able to burn the file onto a CD and transfer them that way, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
When I bought my Action Replay Max I had to use a USB thumb drive that I already had. Obviously if you can buy an Action Replay kit with a USB drive included, that is best...but you can pick up a small capacity one for dirt cheap these days at compusa or whatever computer/electronic store is near you.
I had heard that using just any USB thumb drive didn't work - do you have to do something special to the file to make it work?
Old 07-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIsGood
I had heard that using just any USB thumb drive didn't work - do you have to do something special to the file to make it work?
You have to use the software from Action Replay...you transfer the file to the USB thumb drive through the software...it does something weird to the file to allow the software on the PS2 to read it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 12:43 AM   #6
Rookie

Well I got this from another forum. I figured I'd post it here in case someone else stumbled along and was curious. Steps 6-10 are the helpful part (for me, at least. For the computer illiterate steps 1-5 are great, too )

1. Download the roster. It has to be a "Maxdrive" file, which will end in ".max". Download it to your Desktop.
2. Plug in a USB flash drive into the computer.
3. Go you My Computer, and then double-click the USB drive.
4. Drag and drop the file from the Desktop to that.
5. Take the USB flash drive out of the computer and plug it into your PS2.
6. Put the AR Max disc into the PS2.
7. Once it loads up, go right once and select "Max Memory".
8. Choose the picture of the USB drive as your "primary device".
9. Push left, push X at the file to select it, push right, go down to "Uncrush" and push right again and select "Uncrush to MC1".
10. Press triangle twice, then Start. Go over to Launch Game. Put in NCAA 07, and push OK.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Isn't that what I told you? You need the USB thumb drive.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:36 AM   #8
Rookie

To be honest, I hadn't read your second post yet. I must have passed over. I must have thought it was your first post for some reason. Thanks to you, too, though.

Last edited by MikeIsGood; 07-20-2006 at 02:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »