Home

360 Edits- dkrause - Based on FAIRDALE KINGS' ROSTERS

This is a discussion on 360 Edits- dkrause - Based on FAIRDALE KINGS' ROSTERS within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #17
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 360 Edits- dkrause - Based on FAIRDALE KINGS' ROSTERS

Enough with petty bickering!

Anyway dkrause, did you create redshirt freshman QB Cody Hawkins on CU? He's going to be in the QB running next year and I would like to use him in dynasty mode. Thanks!

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 08-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #18
Pro

davehughes14's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 360 Edits- dkrause

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapinman
Legally if Fairdale Kings never copyrighted his material or doesnt own the rights to his site and materials that are included as such... You can't regulate the copying and re-production of his rosters. In a nutshell if you happen to delete the post and or discontinue ones membership for not giving him credit, they can take legal action against this site... If this is a pressing issue please post a disclaimer under every post that a member creates this way there will be no confusion.

to avoid such mishaps... being a moderator you must spmetimes show moderation in dealing with members... just something to think about!

I dont want to start a commotion but just let the whole naming thing go... I'm a lawyer so if you wish to argue semantics, ownership and propritary disclosure then feel free to PM or email me.
Nicely put!
Old 08-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #19
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Legally if Fairdale Kings never copyrighted his material or doesnt own the rights to his site and materials that are included as such... You can't regulate the copying and re-production of his rosters. In a nutshell if you happen to delete the post and or discontinue ones membership for not giving him credit, they can take legal action against this site... If this is a pressing issue please post a disclaimer under every post that a member creates this way there will be no confusion.

to avoid such mishaps... being a moderator you must spmetimes show moderation in dealing with members... just something to think about!

I dont want to start a commotion but just let the whole naming thing go... I'm a lawyer so if you wish to argue semantics, ownership and propritary disclosure then feel free to PM or email me.

hahahaha, you guys are to much.... does common sense EVER come into play ?

Guy # 1 spends countless hours editing player names.

Guy # 2 takes guy #1's hardwork and builds off of it.

Now, all the f'in legal bs aside, don't you think guy #1 is deserving of a little credit?

Guy #2 is deserving of credit as well, but he better damn make sure he's pointing out where he got his rosters from.

Sheesh, I just find it laughable you claim you're a lawyer and make a post like this....it's about right and wrong, not about ownership of rosters!

Last edited by AirLobo23; 08-06-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #20
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
hahahaha, you guys are to much.... does common sense EVER come into play ?

Guy # 1 spends countless hours editing player names.

Guy # 2 takes guy #1's hardwork and builds off of it.

Now, all the mutha f'in legal bs aside, don't you think guy #1 is deserving of a little f'in credit?

Guy #2 is deserving of credit as well, but he better damn make sure he's pointing out where he got his rosters from.

Sheesh, I just find it laughable you claim you're a lawyer and make a post like this....it's about right and wrong, not about ownership of rosters!
Legally it's right, but for the sake of common sense and moral obligation, you are right.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 24

My problem was the way the mod went about it. Not that he listed FK in the title. I have nor ever had a problem giving FK credit for the starting rosters.

Please close this thread- Its not sticking with the point of it which is about these rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

I personally can care less but one can't regulate as he/she sees fit without some kind of legal basis to back his/her claim of quote-unquote "rules".

as one memeber said if Dkrause and Red have to give credit to FK then FK has to give credit to EA sports, NCAA and all others affiliated with the video gaming franchise...

I'm not a moderator or want to be but please be careful of the line you cross when it comes to 'this sorta issue'...
Old 08-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
I personally can care less but one can't regulate as he/she sees fit without some kind of legal basis to back his/her claim of quote-unquote "rules".

as one memeber said if Dkrause and Red have to give credit to FK then FK has to give credit to EA sports, NCAA and all others affiliated with the video gaming franchise...

I'm not a moderator or want to be but please be careful of the line you cross when it comes to 'this sorta issue'...
You're taking it a bit too far. Crediting EA for their rosters? I think it's implied, since the rosters are FOR EA Sports NCAA Football 07.

And yes, we can regulate as we see fit, based upon the rules and regulations that the owners and operators of this site have set forth.

Either way, the author of this thread has requested that it be locked, so I'll do just that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »