Home

Historical Rosters? (PS2)

This is a discussion on Historical Rosters? (PS2) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2006, 05:42 PM   #9
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Historical Rosters? (PS2)

pretty much the only ps2 historic roster file is the one converted from the 06 game that you guys are talking about with messed up teams.

some people have done their own versions, but those were only for xbox and they didnt release their info to help ps2 people out.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:53 AM   #10
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by this1bruh
This might not be a big deal. But I know that ever since they've installed the historical rosters in this game, they've had the OU 1985 players' #'s wrong and sizes. Another one I'm frustrated with is that on the Notre Dame 1992/1993 historical team, they have Lee Becton (#4) as the starting tailback when it really was All-Amercan, Heisman 5th place, & ESPY award nominated running back, Reggie Brooks (#40). Reggie wore #40 during his Sophomore & Senior years because his older brother, Tony wore #40 1st. The starting backfield was Rick Mirer (#3), Jerome Bettis (#6), and Reggie Brooks (#40).
Yeah, after some examination these rosters are pretty sloppy. For the All-Washington team they have Brock Huard rated faster and quicker than Marques Tuiasosopo. If you're a Washington fan you'll know that that just ain't right.

It's a shame that the Historic Rosters are really just sort of thrown in there as an unlockable for use in exhibition games. Because these teams would be sweet to use in a single elimination tournament, ie. yet another reason for adding a playoff option to the game.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:02 AM   #11
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Some posted this link over at Maddenmania:
http://kingrosterupdates.50megs.com/roster.html

^^That page has all kinds of roster updates and it takes you to this page to download the Historic Rosters and I-AA together in a zip file.

http://files.filefront.com/NCAA_Foot.../fileinfo.html

I've downloaded the file but I have not put them on the PS2 yet.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »